Spouse visa question

Old Sep 26th 2020, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

juliagoulia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa question

Hi All,
I don't think posting a new thread is what I am supposed to do to ask a question but I don't see a place for a simple post.

Anyways I am getting married in two days then will be applying for a family visa - spouse visa to the UK and am thinking if I change my last name or will I have to get a new passport with my new last name before applying for the visa? With Covid it is taking weeks to get a new passport and it will delay starting the visa process a long time.

Any advice will be so much appreciated x
Old Sep 27th 2020, 11:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa question

You don't have to change your name if you marry. If you do wish to change your name then you should change your passport before you apply for a spouse visa.