spouse visa query (only began to work in UK)

Old Feb 14th 2022, 11:14 am
Just Joined

vnronan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse visa query (only began to work in UK)

Hi all,

Im hoping you can assist me with a concern I have regarding my wife's spouse visa application.

I am an Irish citizen who was been working in Asia for the past 10 years. My wife is Ukrainian. we recently married in Ukraine.

I have just moved to London to start a new position and only have set up my UK bank account. My job started on Feb 1 2022 (2 weeks ago today). I have my fully signed employment contract.

I see from the visa requirements I need to show 6 months bank statements with salaries.

My question is.... Do you know or have any experience with consideration given to newly arrived workers to UK to have a spouse visa approved?
Old Feb 14th 2022, 11:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spouse visa query (only began to work in UK)

Hi, welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by vnronan View Post
My question is.... Do you know or have any experience with consideration given to newly arrived workers to UK to have a spouse visa approved?
Can you clarify what you mean, what kind of consideration you're asking about?
Old Feb 14th 2022, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome and appreciate the question christmasoompa.

I mean if I cannot provide the 6 month UK bank statements or payslips as I have just started the position and only opened the bank account. Will the consider the application based on employment contract and Employer reference letter and the 1 month bank statement I can provide? or is it a lost cause? Surely this would be a common enough situation?
Old Feb 14th 2022, 11:47 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You can sponsor your wife based on your overseas employment and a UK job offer. That you’ve moved to the UK and started work without doing so has muddied the waters somewhat. Were you working before you moved to London? If so were you earning over the £18,600 threshold when converted from local currency? Where is your wife located at the moment?
Old Feb 14th 2022, 11:57 am
Just Joined

How do you believe it has muddied the waters?.
Ive only married very recently and needed to get a new Ukrainian passport as she has changed her surname to mine so that's why we were unable to begin the visa application.

I worked in Cambodia previosly with a salary of USD $105,000.00. I cannot get bank statements as I have left already and their online banking does not allow it. Would a previous work contract suffice and well as my new employment contract

Uk basic salary is similar to above and does not include the share of profit that is in my contract

My wife is currently at home in Ukraine she had to stay there as she requires a new passport after we married as stated above.

Old Feb 14th 2022, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You need payslips and bank statements applicable to which category you apply under, to prove your income.

If you apply under Cat A Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – person residing in the UK - you need to provide 6 months of payslips and bank state statements

If you apply under Category B: Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK- you can provide, say, only 2 months of payslips from current income AND the necessary number of payslips from overseas income to show you received income of 18,600 GBP over past 12 months.

You have to provide the necessary financial documents as per the category under which you apply.

There are no considerations as to newly arrived workers as most people sponsoring their spouses are in this category.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Feb 14th 2022 at 5:22 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2022, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

jmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get the statements from your bank in Cambodia. You need payslips, letter from the employer, and bank statements (or a 'reasonable equivalent'). Find a way to have the Cambodian bank issue the statements.

Or perhaps you are able to use the cash savings route? (Category D)
If you are concerned about the situation in Ukraine and want her out quickly, consider having your wife go to Ireland. Do you have family there for example? They have committed to processing family applications 'swiftly' and perhaps you will be moving there or you are returning there after a stay overseas...contact the Irish embassy in the Ukraine, the Department of Justice, and the department of foreign affairs (the department of justice is working 'closely' with the department of foreign affairs to issue the visas quickly). Since the Irish government is urging its citizens to 'leave immediately' by air or land, it's not reasonable to expect you to leave your wife behind. Then you could work on the UK spousal visa without having to worry about her being in Ukraine.

Last edited by jmin; Feb 15th 2022 at 10:29 am.
Old Feb 15th 2022, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

jmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, that doesn't apply because he isn't a British national and he isn't normally living in Ukraine.
Old Feb 16th 2022, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl View Post
You need payslips and bank statements applicable to which category you apply under, to prove your income.

If you apply under Cat A Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – person residing in the UK - you need to provide 6 months of payslips and bank state statements

If you apply under Category B: Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK- you can provide, say, only 2 months of payslips from current income AND the necessary number of payslips from overseas income to show you received income of 18,600 GBP over past 12 months.
It looks like I will need to go under Category B as I have my previous 12 months Payslips from my previous job available and can submit these.

I really appreciate everyones help
Old Feb 16th 2022, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Thank you Jmin for your concern and advice.

I will begin the visa process soon with the information you and your fellow members have provided. much appreciated
Old Feb 16th 2022, 10:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vnronan View Post
It looks like I will need to go under Category B as I have my previous 12 months Payslips from my previous job available and can submit these.
As long as you can find a way to get the bank statements too? Payslips on their own won't be enough as anybody can print them themselves, so you'll need to show the corresponding income being received.

Hope you can get an application in asap and get your wife over soon.