Spouse visa old marriage concerns

Old Dec 26th 2018, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Woodyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa old marriage concerns

I'm British and married a foreign national in London in 1996. She deserted me a year later. I was living abroad and couldn't contact her, but 2.5 years ago managed to get a UK divorce based on desertion. I married my current spouse after that, and now I want to get a spouse visa for her. We have an 8-year old child, and have been together 15 years. Will having another relationship and a child whilst still technically married to someone else affect our application for a spouse visa? Thanks.
Old Dec 26th 2018, 6:06 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa old marriage concerns

Originally Posted by Woodyd View Post
I'm British and married a foreign national in London in 1996. She deserted me a year later. I was living abroad and couldn't contact her, but 2.5 years ago managed to get a UK divorce based on desertion. I married my current spouse after that, and now I want to get a spouse visa for her. We have an 8-year old child, and have been together 15 years. Will having another relationship and a child whilst still technically married to someone else affect our application for a spouse visa? Thanks.
Hi Woody. No, the situation you describe won't affect your current spouse's application for a spouse visa.
Old Dec 26th 2018, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot for the quick response. My divorce certificate/ decree absolute doesn't actually state 'desertion' so I thought it could look like I was being unfaithful and might raise some eyebrows. Should I explain what I said in my first post when writing my sponsor's letter, or just leave it be?
Old Dec 27th 2018, 2:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodyd View Post
Thanks a lot for the quick response. My divorce certificate/ decree absolute doesn't actually state 'desertion' so I thought it could look like I was being unfaithful and might raise some eyebrows. Should I explain what I said in my first post when writing my sponsor's letter, or just leave it be?
Absolutely no need for explanations, your back story simply isn't relevant to the visa application. All the ECO will be looking at is if you/your wife have provided the necessary evidence to meet the financial, relationship and other requirements. Stop worrying
Old Dec 27th 2018, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, mate