Spouse VISA for Mexican wife

Old Aug 7th 2017, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

mr119 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse VISA for Mexican wife

Hi everyone,

Thank you to all as I have read a lot of information on here and it has been hugely helpful. I am a British citizen currently living in Mexico, my wife is Mexican, and my 2 daughters have dual Mexican/British nationality.

We are planning to move back to the UK, as I would like to fix my wife's British citizenship, and after that we can make a decision to where we will live (UK or Mexico).

I have understood the process, which I think is very cruel, but I would appreciate it if anyone could help on confirming (or correcting) the plan that I have in place:

1. I return to the UK alone, get a job earning over 18,600 and work for 6 months
2. I then can start the process and send in the supporting documents to show that I can support her.
3. Our daughters wouldn't be included in increasing the financial requirement, as they are British citizens.
4. My wife would need to undertake the VISA process in Mexico (Mexico City consulate).
5. She wouldn't be able travel to the UK as a tourist and do the process in the UK.
6. We would need to wait for the decision. Hopefully it would be accepted as we have been married for 7 years, have 2 daughters, etc. The VISA would be issued in the Mexico City consulate.
7. My wife and daughters would fly to the UK and they would be granted entry.

Just a few questions:
- How long would it take for her to be able to have permission to work in the UK?
- Would I need to send the documents to Mexico, or would I start the process in the UK and it would continue in Mexico?

Thank you very much!!

Matt
Old Aug 8th 2017, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse VISA for Mexican wife

You should read the following document to see if you can qualify under any of the other categories apart from the returning to UK and working for 6 month option:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

The rest of your understanding 2 to 7 is correct.

Once she has her visa and entered the UK she is eligible to start work.

The process is changing from country to country. She will get instructions on what to do once she starts the application. Most sponsors send their documents to the applicant who combines it with their own docs and sends them to Sheffield.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 1:15 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Do you currently earn £18,600 pa or more, for at least the last six months, in Mexico?
Old Aug 8th 2017, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You should read the following document to see if you can qualify under any of the other categories apart from the returning to UK and working for 6 month option:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

The rest of your understanding 2 to 7 is correct.

Once she has her visa and entered the UK she is eligible to start work.

The process is changing from country to country. She will get instructions on what to do once she starts the application. Most sponsors send their documents to the applicant who combines it with their own docs and sends them to Sheffield.
Thank you very much for the help. It's daunting facing 8 months to a year without my wife and kids, so I am trying to see what I can do. As far as I understand, if I can get a job offer to start within 3 months of entering the U.K., we could all go at the same time. This would prove more difficult due to my wife's job and the girls school. My contract ends July 2018, so I would be looking to go from that point...
Old Aug 8th 2017, 2:18 am
Just Joined

I do earn more than that, yes. However, it is not in my paycheck, as it is made up as a serious of benefits, food coupons, school scholarships, subsidies, etc - all things that don't appear on my official paycheck. So I wouldn't be able to prove that I earn more than that.

I have a house here which I could sell, but as we don't know if we will return at some point, it wouldn't be the most appropriate option.

As far as I understand, it is possible to enter with a contract offer starting within 3 months. I would like to look at this option, but it is more complicated to be hired from abroad. I am looking to come back August 2018 (my contract ends July 2018). I have to consider the affect it would have on my daughters and their schooling and my wife's job - she has a very well paid job and would be required to give 3 months notice or forfeit a lot of her job termination benefits. I know money isn't more important than family, but we're counting on certain payments here to help fund our move back.

Thank you for everyone's continued help!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 2:32 am
Just Joined

Sorry, just another quick question:

- When would we start the VISA process? Once I have completed the 6 months in employment and have the possibility to send the required evidence to them?

Thanks!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 3:30 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr119
.... As far as I understand, it is possible to enter with a contract offer starting within 3 months. I would like to look at this option, ...
That is only relevant if you are currently earning at least $18,600 in your job overseas - it would open the possibility of you all traveling together as a family.
Originally Posted by mr119
Sorry, just another quick question:

- When would we start the visa process? Once I have completed the 6 months in employment and have the possibility to send the required evidence to them? .....
Yes.

BTW "VISA" is a credit card company, not to be confused with "a visa".

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 8th 2017 at 3:35 am.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 4:26 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your answer, sorry my autocorrector automatically capitalizes "visa", will change it manually to avoid any confusion.

Looks like the only option is that I go back and then hopefully in 8-12 months (depending on speed of finding a job, processing times, etc) my wife and kids will follow. It will be tough but worth it.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 12:50 am
Just Joined

Mckenzie01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel documents to Mexico

Hi everyone, I’m an Irish citizen and Romanian, my Irish passport expired, can I travel to Mexico with the Romanian National Identity card? It shows as well your nationality on the card country of birth. Thank you so much

Best Regards everyone!

... got my flight in couple weeks, please help!
Old Oct 6th 2017, 8:35 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel documents to Mexico

Originally Posted by Mckenzie01
Hi everyone, I’m an Irish citizen and Romanian, my Irish passport expired, can I travel to Mexico with the Romanian National Identity card? It shows as well your nationality on the card country of birth. Thank you so much

Best Regards everyone!

... got my flight in couple weeks, please help!
No, you'll need a passport to travel outside of Europe. If you are currently living in Romania then you should apply to renew your Irish passport as soon as possible. The current standard processing time is approximately 4-6 weeks but you should speak to the consular officials and ask whether the actual processing times are quicker.

https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/romania/passports/

Last edited by BritInParis; Oct 6th 2017 at 8:38 am.