Wikiposts

Spouse Visa, letter from employer

Old Jan 23rd 2015, 1:15 am
Just Joined

philemon_bodiba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa, letter from employer

Hi

I'm applying under Category B for my wife and child (non British).

So my letter from my employer reads as follows:

'The above employee (me) has been with the company since 11 May 2008
He is employed as a full-time Warehouse Operative. He is paid on a four-weekly basis £1, 350 per pay period. This level of pay has been in effect since July 2013 with a pay award pending. His approximate gross annual income is £23, 617, which includes premiums for night and weekend working.

There is also occasional overtime offered, but this is not guaranteed.

The position is of a permanent nature.

Should you need any further information please contact Mrs xxxxxxx on this e-mail xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk.

Yours Faithfully'
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here is my question: Has the letter been brilliantly written and will 'approximate' be an issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you, guys.

Thanks.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa, letter from employer

You posted this letter in the forum last December.

As said at the time your payslips and bank deposits will have more sway than this letter.

'Pending' pay awards won't be relevant, and words like 'approximate', 'occasional' and 'not guaranteed' are also rather vague.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by philemon_bodiba
Hi

I'm applying under Category B for my wife and child (non British).

So my letter from my employer reads as follows:

'The above employee (me) has been with the company since 11 May 2008
He is employed as a full-time Warehouse Operative. He is paid on a four-weekly basis £1, 350 per pay period. This level of pay has been in effect since July 2013 with a pay award pending. His approximate gross annual income is £23, 617, which includes premiums for night and weekend working.

There is also occasional overtime offered, but this is not guaranteed.

The position is of a permanent nature.

Should you need any further information please contact Mrs xxxxxxx on this e-mail xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk.

Yours Faithfully'
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here is my question: Has the letter been brilliantly written and will 'approximate' be an issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you, guys.

Thanks.
Anyone could just write a letter saying they earn this amount or that amount.

Like what SanDiegoGirl already said, payslips and bank deposits are more concrete evidences.

HMPO would most likely just reject that letter you posted or (any letter for that matter), if you cannot prove it. And telling them to call this person or email that person would most likely not suffice.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Guys..

The thing is we're just about to submit the application. I just wanted to have others views if it's been written satisfactorily..
Because I've read somewhere that the Home Office are extremely strict when it comes to meeting financial requirements. Hence I thought 'approximate' is not enough than if it wasn't there.

So, should I just submit it as it is including my payslips and bank statements covering the last 12 months, and not worry too much about it?
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Guys..

The thing is we're just about to submit the application. I just wanted to have others views if it's been written satisfactorily..
Because I've read somewhere that the Home Office are extremely strict when it comes to meeting financial requirements. Hence I thought 'approximate' is not enough than if it wasn't there.

So, should I just submit it as it is including my payslips and bank statements covering the last 12 months, and not worry too much about it?
Yeah, don't worry about it. HMPO don't really care much about your grammar and if your writing is excellent.

They'll just assess your application anyway based on your pay slips and bank statements.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

But there are cases of people being refused for not having a letter containing what the UKBA requires even though they've submitted the relevant payslips and bank statements. That's actually what causes to worry..
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

But there are cases of people being refused for not having a letter containing what the UKBA requires even though they've submitted the relevant payslips and bank statements. That's actually what causes to worry..
But you do have a letter and it was explained in the letter, your company, your occupation, and your salary. As long as the important details are there, then there should be no problem.

At the end of the day, payslips and bank statements, just like what SanDiegoGirl had already said, are more concrete evidences and will have more sway in proving if your application is valid.

The letter is just for guidelines.