Spouse Visa: Last few questions on application to check

Old May 24th 2022, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

mavaas11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa: Last few questions on application to check

I would definitely stick with what the official guidance says, risk it if you like. They have to be the specific ielts tests, in the approved list of tests. Better safe than sorry.
Old May 25th 2022, 11:00 am
Just Joined

lndn is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update:

I called the Home office line last night again, staff informed me the test is fine but wasn’t totally convinced she was fully clued up on everything. Will keep digging
Old May 25th 2022, 11:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lndn
Just an update:

I called the Home office line last night again, staff informed me the test is fine but wasn’t totally convinced she was fully clued up on everything. Will keep digging
That's just a call centre, so the people working there won't necessarily have the knowledge required to give you an accurate answer. If you want to double check info given in the document above, a proper immigration lawyer would be the way to go IMO. They should be up to date on the rules and requirements.
Old May 25th 2022, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

SunSeek3r is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure why you are wasting time calling the Home Office and 'digging'.

The test type is not on the approved list, which has been linked in the thread already. The test is not valid. It's pretty simple.
Old May 25th 2022, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

I’ve just called a solicitor and showed them the test. They have advised it will be accepted.

I respect peoples opinions on here thats why I’m doing extra research when people here say it won’t be accepted. I don’t think it’s necessary to claim I’m wasting my time when this is my wife’s application on the line.
Old May 25th 2022, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

SunSeek3r is an unknown quantity at this point

The point about wasting your time is you already have the answer in the link from the .gov website, hence I don't understand why you are calling the Home Office and solicitors.

Even the IELTS website itself says General Training is not valid...

/EDIT even looking at the approved list of test providers.. all the ones in Brazil... None have General Training listed as the exam type!

Just book the wife the proper test and problem solved, easy.

Last edited by SunSeek3r; May 25th 2022 at 1:43 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2022, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

In case it’s helpful for someone else in the future, not for ‘I told you so’ my partners visa has just been approved with this English test.
Old Dec 10th 2022, 11:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lndn
In case it’s helpful for someone else in the future, not for ‘I told you so’ my partners visa has just been approved with this English test.
Glad to hear your partner’s application was successful. If the certificate you attached was accepted then, assuming no oversight on the Home Office’s part, she must’ve sat the ‘IELTS for UKVI’ test however this wasn’t clear from the information provided.

As her English ability has been assessed as B2 then she will not be required to take another English language test for subsequent applications up to, and including, naturalisation.

Last edited by BritInParis; Dec 10th 2022 at 11:44 pm.