Spouse Visa - Kids' passports (wait or submit)

Old Mar 20th 2019, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

LimeyHoya is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Spouse Visa - Kids' passports (wait or submit)

Hi there,

Firstly, huge, huge thank you to everyone on here for asking many great questions that have already helped me navigate quite a bit. However, I've run up against something that my search-fu is unable to get a good answer to, so throwing this up there.

Background:
  • After 15 years in California, we've decided to try life on the other side of the continent and Atlantic, back in the UK. I'm British by birth, and have retained my UK citizenship in addition to my US naturalization.
  • We don't currently have jobs lined up (or housing yet) and so will be applying based on savings.
  • Our two boys are both US-born, but we *did* go through the process three years ago to have them registered as foreign births, but we've never gotten around to applying for UK passports (they're 7 and 9 so it'd be 5 year ones and a faff) until now.
Questions:
I'm filling out the application on behalf of my US wife, and in the section around Family it asks about Dependent Children. Now I'm looking at this question and it's asking for their passport details and the only ones we have are the US ones,until the UK ones arrive.
  1. Should we submit the application for the Spousal Visa using the US passports, but include the information that they are UK citizens too?
  2. Should we wait to submit until we have the new UK passports in hand? (Bearing in mind that this will add ~6 weeks potentially to the start date and we're looking to be in the UK
I'm sure I'll have more questions, and I'm sorry if I'm missing some basic info. Let me know and I'll fill in the gaps if I can!
Old Mar 20th 2019, 11:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Kids' passports (wait or submit)

Wait. It takes less than two weeks from the US.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 12:06 am
Just Joined

LimeyHoya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Kids' passports (wait or submit)

Brilliant. Thanks for that, BritInParis. I figured I was probably over-indexing on the timing.