Spouse visa - job offer in the UK route

Old Dec 19th 2018, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

pollybegoode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa - job offer in the UK route

Hi everybody,
My husband and I are considering all our options to move from the US to the UK .
I am British citizen and my US born husband and I have a dog walking business together. Our business earns above the required threshold of 18,600 GBP. What we are contemplating is:
a) I move back to England and apply for jobs. Once I get s job he can apply for the spouse visa and join me once approved.
B) apply for jobs while still living in the US. Once a job offer is received I move to England and he joins me once the visa is approved.
Do these options sound valid combined with our self employment income in the US from the past year?
how long does the priority spouse visa take generally?
Also, I’m presuming I would have to apply for a job in education. I want to restart a similar business to what we have in the US and wondered how long I have to keep my salaried job for ?
Also, can a salaried and an hourly job combined count towards the 18,600 needed?
thanks in advance!