Spouse visa with job offer

Old Oct 4th 2019, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Shell.P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa with job offer

I’ve recently moved back to the UK from Dubai, with my 3 young children whilst my Lebanese husband remains there. We don’t have the required savings so we decided to bite the bullet and I’ll get settled and head back to work for the required 6 months before applying for his visa. (In reality this has been a really tough transition!)
There is a very strong possibility he’s about to be offered a position in the UK with his current employer, Emirates Airline - but they can’t offer work sponsorship in the UK so we’d still need the spouse visa. They will need him to start before the end of this year, his salary will be WELL above the £18,600.
My question is, with this job offer can we apply for the spouse visa immediately? I’ve read so much online now and am unfortunately expecting the answer to be a resounding no... but I’m hopeful!!!!!!!
Many thanks for any advice
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa with job offer

Sorry but the answer is no.... you, as the Brit, needs to be the sponsor. His potential employment cannot be used.

Am surprised that as the airline is offering the job they cannot sponsor a Tier 2 work visa.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 11:47 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates doesn’t appear to be a Tier General sponsor which is probably why they cannot offer the OP’s husband a visa.
Old Oct 11th 2019, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Sorry but the answer is no.... you, as the Brit, needs to be the sponsor. His potential employment cannot be used.

Am surprised that as the airline is offering the job they cannot sponsor a Tier 2 work visa.
THANK YOU so much for bringing up the Tier 2 option - I had no idea this existed and hadn’t looked into it at all. I see another person commented Emirates not on the list, but unless I’m looking on the wrong list, in fact Emirates are there! We are going for it... wish us luck! And huge thanks again
Old Oct 11th 2019, 5:03 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shell.P
THANK YOU so much for bringing up the Tier 2 option - I had no idea this existed and hadn’t looked into it at all. I see another person commented Emirates not on the list, but unless I’m looking on the wrong list, in fact Emirates are there! We are going for it... wish us luck! And huge thanks again
Emirates only appears to be able to sponsor Tier 2 ICT visas which do not lead to ILR (permanent residence). Unless they can sponsor your husband for a Tier 2 General visa for the next five years then you should continue with your spouse visa application.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Emirates only appears to be able to sponsor Tier 2 ICT visas which do not lead to ILR (permanent residence). Unless they can sponsor your husband for a Tier 2 General visa for the next five years then you should continue with your spouse visa application.
Hmmmmm I see. Thank you for your guidance... do you happen to know if he went ahead with this anyway, we can still then apply for the spouse visa whilst he is here? I can’t see why this would be an issue.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Shell.P
Hmmmmm I see. Thank you for your guidance... do you happen to know if he went ahead with this anyway, we can still then apply for the spouse visa whilst he is here? I can’t see why this would be an issue.
That would be a possibility if Emirates are happy to go with the expense of sponsoring a Tier 2 ICT visa.