British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Spouse Visa issue (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/spouse-visa-issue-904139/)

tempestadesm Oct 4th 2017 12:34 pm

Spouse Visa issue

Hello,
I have done the biometrics in São Paulo on May, 2, 2017 and on August 24th; a day before my birthday, I got the letter saying my visa was denied.

It was really hard to accept that as the reason given by UKVI for their decision was that we did not offer proof of my English husband income (pay slips and bank statements) which we did.!!!

Our Laywer has done the procedure to claim for revision; but we also decided to submit the visa again with priority service on September, 27.

My visa has gone to Bogota and we did get an email from them acknowledging it the next day.

Week one has gone already and no info whatsoever about my documents being allocated to the next person available.

SO EVER FRUSTRATING!!!l

j4v3d Oct 4th 2017 3:17 pm

Re: British ExPats Social Media

I'm afraid you're just going to have to wait and sit it out till you hear something back.

Sorry to hear about the refusal. Hope this time you get the visa.

az2014 Oct 4th 2017 4:20 pm

Well how many and what kind of payslips/bank statements did you provide?

tempestadesm Oct 4th 2017 4:57 pm

6 months first time
9 months now

SanDiegogirl Oct 4th 2017 5:03 pm

If you applied under Cat A then only 6 months of payslips are eligible.

If you applied under Cat B then 12 months of payslips are needed.

9 months of payslips does not correspond to any of the options given under Appendix FM 1.7

tempestadesm Oct 4th 2017 5:42 pm

It's cat A as far as I can see.
And we did provide 6 months payslip and bank statement.
And they said we did not.
How on earth can I prove otherwise?

ukmancoll Oct 4th 2017 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by tempestadesm (Post 12353714)
It's cat A as far as I can see.
And we did provide 6 months payslip and bank statement.
And they said we did not.
How on earth can I prove otherwise?

Hi - I'm so sorry you got denied. Can you tell me if they just sent you a letter? or did they send everything back to you, including all your documents and the passport?

ukmancoll Oct 4th 2017 7:13 pm

Also, can anyone say why they didn't send a request for more information? Why didn't they ask for the right paperwork instead of just flat out denying it? I've seen other people post that they receive requests for a bank statement, or pay slips, etc.

Any idea?

tempestadesm Oct 4th 2017 8:07 pm

Hello and thank you for you sympathy and time.

The only spontaneous communication from them was a text message on the day I first submitted the documents; and then the letter of refusal and passport.

We did try to get some information from them, but we never got anything back. The only time they got back to us was to say the submission didn't have its expiring date, therefore we have to wait.

tempestadesm Oct 4th 2017 8:10 pm

Sorry, they no longer hold your papers, all is scanned and given it back to you in the day of submit your visa.