Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa - if cant'travel on 90days vignette, reapply or transfer of Vignette

Spouse Visa - if cant'travel on 90days vignette, reapply or transfer of Vignette

Old Sep 11th 2020, 4:19 am
Just Joined

Jac2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa - if cant'travel on 90days vignette, reapply or transfer of Vignette

Hello

I think there might be people in similar boat due to what ever reasons they can't travel on the 90days window and a quick dash to get the BRP is impossible either due to uk or local quarantine requirements. I am writing this out to validate my options and also hope to help anyone that might be struggling thru this as well

The problem of transferring a vignette, is the visa end date would not change, so one will be likely short of the required 5 years for path to ILR. I have read a post where we could get some leeway by renew the visa at the near last day , then plus some processing time from UKVI, you can gain 1-2 months. For a hypothetical example, if your first entry visa ends 31th Jan, and you are just 28 months in uk, you apply on 28th Jan, book bio on 28th Feb, and if UKVI takes a month to process, your next visa will start from 28thMar. I am not able to find the post by search on threads. Could someone confirm if this is correct ?

Presumably if the above did not work, then we can only cancel and reapply OR transfer of vignette plus plan for 2 renewal in UK.
The costs would be (with 2 dependents children) different, but have to factor in that there is more certainty in transfer of vignette on controlling dates I guess, which impact wheres if you need a longer notice period for resignation, rent, utility and tuition etc.

Jac

disclaimer: my best effort calculation, yours might be different!