Spouse Visa: Help with timing of application

Old Nov 28th 2016, 12:06 am
Just Joined

bennyr82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa: Help with timing of application

Hi,
First post & have used forum to work through available visa options for my partner already so thank you for useful information here.
Situation: British citizen applying for/with Malaysian partner & planning to submit Spouse Visa application as soon as possible after marriage (in Australia) next month. Both currently reside in Australia.

Q1: We already have a 2-week vacation to the UK booked for Xmas/NY which pre-dates our relocation plans. Should we wait until we've returned to Australia in January before submitting the UK settlement visa application? I was just thinking it may cause issues if for some reason an early decision was taken & my partner was in the UK at the time? Or would there be no issues associated with this?

Q2: Random thought I've had: is being recently married likely to create any headache for partner's UK entry for the Xmas vacation on a regular visitor/tourist visa? Given a UK visa refusal might make the settlement application significantly harder I'm a little worried about this. Neither of us have jobs in Australia we're returning to as we are planning (albeit all legally) to permanently return to the UK early next year.

Q3: If partner submits their biometrics in Australia, is there any requirement to remain here afterwards? Their Australian visa is also up on 30 April so if the UK one didn't come through before then they would need to move back to Malaysia in the meantime.

Thanks.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 4:53 am
Just Joined

bennyr82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa: Help with timing of application

DELETE THREAD PLS

It seems one has to submit their passport to apply for a spouse visa thus answering Q1 & Q3 for me.