Spouse visa to FLR coincides with passport renewal

Old Oct 12th 2019, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

mmabater is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa to FLR coincides with passport renewal

Hi. Help please.
my current spouse visa is about to expire on Oct 2020 ( first 2.5 years) and We are already looking into the requirements for FLR (another 2.5years) as early as now. We had a not so great first application and the husband had to reapply and pay priority service. Anyway, our main concern aside from the FLR is my passport. It is still
under my maiden name, same with my current visa. Said passport will expire Jul 2021. I want to change it to my married name to avoid loads of complications in the future. We dont know how to go about the FLR and passport renewal tho. Should I renew first then apply for FLR or should I do both-i dont even think this is possible, or renew now and update the current visa and then apply for FLR.
Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 12:24 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa to FLR coincides with passport renewal

Renew it shortly before your current visa expires and then apply for FLR(M) in your married name.
Old Oct 23rd 2019, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Renew it shortly before your current visa expires and then apply for FLR(M) in your married name.
hi BritInParis. Thank you. There wont be any problem in the extension of the visa (maiden name) when I submit the renewed passport with married name? I suppose I could send our marriage certificate as supporting doc not to mention all my previous passports to show my maiden name.

also, how soon can we apply for the extension? I read it here somewhere, 28days before expiry?

PS. my mother got her visit visa today. Thank you for the input.
Old Nov 6th 2019, 12:40 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Don’t apply more than 28 days from the expiry date of your current visa. If you hold a BRP then you change your passport now, change your BRP to your married name and then submit your FLR(M) in your preferred name.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Don’t apply more than 28 days from the expiry date of your current visa. If you hold a BRP then you change your passport now, change your BRP to your married name and then submit your FLR(M) in your preferred name.
hi BritInParis.
thank you.
i do have a BRP. Just to clarify, I should renew my passport now (will take 8-10weeks to process) and once I receive it, change my BRP to show the married name and then apply for FLR(M) 28days before my visa expires?

But I am wondering if I can also do:
apply for FLR(M) using my current passport (expiry Jul2021) and then do the whole change my BRP once I renew my passport before it expires?

i just want to know which one is more... economical.

thanks again for your input!
Old Feb 5th 2020, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by mmabater
hi BritInParis.
thank you.
i do have a BRP. Just to clarify, I should renew my passport now (will take 8-10weeks to process) and once I receive it, change my BRP to show the married name and then apply for FLR(M) 28days before my visa expires?

But I am wondering if I can also do:
apply for FLR(M) using my current passport (expiry Jul2021) and then do the whole change my BRP once I renew my passport before it expires?

i just want to know which one is more... economical.

thanks again for your input!
You might give yourself an extra year’s worth of validity on your passport by doing it that way but the chances of the cost of exchanging your BRP going up in the meantime are relatively high. I would swap your passport and BRP before you apply for FLR.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

You might give yourself an extra year’s worth of validity on your passport by doing it that way but the chances of the cost of exchanging your BRP going up in the meantime are relatively high. I would swap your passport and BRP before you apply for FLR.

thanks as always BritInParis.
also, do I still need the Life Skills A2 certificate for this extension? I have passed the previous A1 test for the initial spouse visa, fyi.

Old Feb 10th 2020, 11:53 pm

thanks as always BritInParis.
also, do I still need the Life Skills A2 certificate for this extension? I have passed the previous A1 test for the initial spouse visa, fyi.
Yes, you'll need A2 for FLR and B1 for ILR. I would take B1 and then reuse it.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, you'll need A2 for FLR and B1 for ILR. I would take B1 and then reuse it.
I will heed your advice BritInParis. B1 it is.
thank you so much. Update when I’ve submitted my application for extension. *cross fingers*

Old Feb 11th 2020, 8:00 pm

No worries, best of luck.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

I will heed your advice BritInParis. B1 it is.
thank you so much. Update when I’ve submitted my application for extension. *cross fingers*
Hi BrtiInParis,
sorry to jump in on this thread.
I’ll be renewing spouse visa in June. So just to be clear the B1 will suffice? & this can also be used for the ILR in 2.5 years ish time?
Another question if you can help will be regards Accommodation report. I haven’t seen it mentioned in the Home Office website as part of docs required. Can I re-use the one I submitted with my first application? It’s dated 2017 February. Or can I do without it this time around. We haven’t changed house & no of occupants haven’t changed.
Thanks in anticipation.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 9:43 pm

Yes; just make sure it’s the correct exam, e.g. IELTS for UKVISA. An accommodation report is not strictly necessary so I would reuse what you have.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes; just make sure it’s the correct exam, e.g. IELTS for UKVISA. An accommodation report is not strictly necessary so I would reuse what you have.
Hi BritInParis,
ok cool, will make sure it’s the correct exam & advice on accommodation report is also noted.
thanks for your help.
kind Regards.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

No worries, best of luck.
Hello BritInParis. I hope all is well with you.

Just to confirm, I’ve booked the following B1 exam on the 25th of July in Cambridge. I am hoping this is the one? The husband and I are preparing all the docs needed for my visa renewal in September.

thanks again!

Old Jul 26th 2020, 9:35 am

That’s the one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.