Spouse Visa Financial Requirements Help

Old Jan 27th 2021, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Sam110011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Financial Requirements Help

Hi, I'm British but have spent the previous 3 years studying in California on an M1 student visa.

I'm engaged and due to marry my American Fiancee soon, and we're hoping to move to England after we graduate in May/June.

I've been researching the spouse family visa and my main area of concern is around the required finances. Because of my M1 visa I've not been able to work whilst being in America (and working an online UK job on this visa seems to be a bit of a grey area where I've seen conflicting advice so I avoided doing so) and hence have not earned income since last summer when I was back in England for 3 months.

I don't have enough savings to meet the financial requirement, but am hoping to have a job lined up for my return to England this summer. We have somewhere lined up to live with family in England for as long as needed until we can find a house together.

Could anyone give advice on the best approach in light of this financial position...I've also been reading about exceptional circumstances but we have no children and I'm not sure if we'd class as that?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sam
Old Jan 28th 2021, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Financial Requirements Help

Read the following document carefully to see how one qualifies under the financial requirements:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ement-v5.0.pdf

As you appear to have no employment history, and no savings, your other options are:

- YOU return to the UK, work for 6 months in a job which earns 18,600GBP per annum and then apply for the visa
- someone gifts you the 62,500 GBP needed for the savings route
- your girlfriend gets herself a Skilled Worker visa
- she gets a student visa

You don't qualify under exceptional circumstances

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Jan 28th 2021 at 12:43 am.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Sam110011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your quick reply, and the helpful information. Much appreciated.

I'll look into those alternatives. The savings route might be a possibility, but I'm assuming if someone gifts me the money I have to wait a further 6 months before we are able to start the spouse family visa application?

Sam
Old Jan 28th 2021, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam110011
Thank you for your quick reply, and the helpful information. Much appreciated.

I'll look into those alternatives. The savings route might be a possibility, but I'm assuming if someone gifts me the money I have to wait a further 6 months before we are able to start the spouse family visa application?

Sam
Yes ... you have to have it under your control in an account for 6 months