British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Spouse visa financial requirement (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/spouse-visa-financial-requirement-919193/)

Sharmi123 Nov 11th 2018 10:00 am

Spouse visa financial requirement

Hi,
Need some advice regarding spouse settlement visa application. My husband is UK Citizen and was working in Ireland from 20/05/2018 to 30/09/2018. Then he was transferred by the same employee to UK. He is working in UK from 1/10/2018 till date. So iam planning to apply for spouse visa by end of this month. Which means I will be having 4 months Ireland payslips and two months uk payslips. His total income before tax for this six months will be around £40,000.

We are married for 15 years and lived together in uk for 7 years till 2013. I had PR which got expired by 2015. I have a daughter who is also UK citizen and currently studying in UK.

Will I be eligible to apply for spouse visa by first week of December. Under what category do I need to apply?

Thanks..

BritInParis Nov 11th 2018 11:28 am

Re: Spouse visa financial requirement

Have you considered applying for a Returning Resident visa?

Sharmi123 Nov 11th 2018 11:46 am

As far as I have heard getting a returning resident visa is almost impossible. So had opted that out.

BritInParis Nov 11th 2018 11:54 am

It’s not as difficult as it has been in the past. I would suggest you have a good chance.

Sharmi123 Nov 11th 2018 12:22 pm

Can any one advice if I am eligible for spouse dependant visa given the situations

Flowercrescent Nov 12th 2018 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12591700)
It’s not as difficult as it has been in the past. I would suggest you have a good chance.

please can I have a clue of introductory letter from sponsor

BritInParis Nov 12th 2018 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Sharmi123 (Post 12591713)
Can any one advice if I am eligible for spouse dependant visa given the situations

You may qualify under Category B. You and your husband should read the relevant sections of Annex FM 1.7 to see if you qualify.

Personally I would be applying for a Returning Resident visa first as it will potentially save you thousands of pounds over the next five years. You would also be eligible to naturalise after three years.

Originally Posted by Flowercrescent (Post 12592177)
please can I have a clue of introductory letter from sponsor

Probably best to start your own thread.

Sharmi123 Nov 12th 2018 5:36 pm

Thank you Britinparis. Went through Appendix-fm1.7. It had answers for many of my questions. Appreciate your help.