Spouse visa final sanity check!!

Old Mar 8th 2019, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Rosa253 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Spouse visa final sanity check!!

Hi everyone,

We should be ready to submit our spouse visa docs next week and get all these docs finalized, if anyone would be so kind and patient as to have a look at this it would be amazing. Thank you so much for your support to all on here!

Outstanding questions -
  • UK contract (official transfer docs to the UK office) is almost ready - is a transfer letter be enough? If we don't receive the docs next week, we are thinking about requesting an offer letter and submitting this only. Would this make a difference? Won't have UK Ts&Cs or all official docs but I don't think that matters as only an offer letter is required?
  • Tenancy agreement is e-signed. Should I print another and sign it by hand and ask the agent to counter-sign?
  • Agent's letter saying husband will be added to tenancy - this is on headed paper but all printed out. Should I get the agent's signature?
  • Our tenancy has begun earlier than planned as transfer is pushed back. Would UK govt see it as a problem? It's just bad timing unfortunately......
Relationship Evidence:
  • Cover letter (me)
  • Cover letter (husband)
  • Marriage license legalized by foreign office and attested by Indian High Commission
  • WhatsApp printouts spanning our relationship.
  • Photos spanning our relationship, wedding etc.
  • Plane tickets to visit each other, tickets for our parents, parents visas to visit us etc.

Financial Evidence:
  • Cover letter from bank showing all accounts I hold with them, signed by branch
  • Last 6 months bank statements printed out from online banking (showing salary for each month from my employment) signed by branch
  • Last 6 months payslips stamped by my employer
  • Cover letter from employer stating that the payslips are genuine, signed and stamped with employer contact number provided.
  • Joint bank account for myself and husband with Indian bank showing our address in India.
Employment evidence:
· Job transfer letter approval to the UK (in email form – is this ok?)
· Previous MOU stating job abroad, fixed term, salary etc.
· New MOU/UK job contract agreement (we’re supposed to be getting the contract this week – if we don’t get it – can the letter suffice? Will ask employer to stamp and sign with date)
· Letter from employer:
o Stating that I will be transferred to the UK office in June 2019.
o Letter is from manager and in the letter he states that he will continue to be my manager.
o Letter states length of employment, fixed term until Dec 2020, salary until now and new salary under UK Ts&Cs.

Accommodation Evidence:
  • Tenancy agreement (we had to start renting already as we thought the job transfer would be sooner than it was, so unfortunately we will be renting sooner than we wanted to start…. Would they have a problem with this?)
    • This is e-signed – does it matter? Should I get the agents actual signature? And my self-attestation on the tenancy agreement?)
  • Rent/deposit payment confirmation and bank statements.
  • First bill with my name on it
  • Description of accommodation – rooms, dimensions etc – taken from agent’s website.
  • Letter from letting agent saying they will add my husband to the tenancy once he has his spouse visa approved.
    • This is NOT signed but it is on headed paper and typed up. Should I get an actual signature with an updated date?
Other:
  • Cover sheet
  • Printout of online visa application
  • Appendix 2 financial requirements filled out
  • Biometrics appointment confirmation letter
  • Husband current passport
  • Husband previous passport
  • Photocopy of bio page - my passport
  • My birth certificate
  • Husband birth certificate
  • Husband TB certificate from approved hospital/clinic
  • Husband UK Masters certificate (for English language requirement)
  • Husband current job – HR confirmation letter (know it’s not required but thought to include anyway).
  • My long term India tourist visa

Thank you so much if anyone can take a look at this. Really appreciate the time and patience of all the contributors on here...its certainly been a learning curve!
Old Mar 9th 2019, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spouse visa final sanity check!!

Sounds alright to me, but perhaps you might need two separate letters confirming your current employment abroad and your new contract in the UK? Also personally I would try to obtain formal letters on headed paper, signed, etc. rather than an email printout. I don't believe your tenancy starting early has any impact on your application, since all they want to see is that you have a place to live. Also, I wouldn't submit documents that are not required, since they might confuse whoever might be looking at your application.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Rosa253 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa final sanity check!!

Hi Bingbing25 thanks for your feedback I will get formal letters on letterhead this week - thank you!