Spouse Visa Extension - Savings Route

Old Sep 28th 2021, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

oxygen28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Extension - Savings Route

Hi All,

I'm a bit worried with my application for extension of my spouse visa or further leave to remain as spouse. As I am going to the savings route, my husband and I put the money in an Instant Access Savings Account and not in the Current Account. The reason for this is to make sure that the money is in a safer location, wherein there's no bills/payments connected with it, so it won't go lower than £62,500. The money is being held for more than 6 months. However, this account does not provide monthly bank statements. When I went to the bank to request for bank statement, they only printed the whole transaction (in 2 pages), all transactions from February 2021 up to September 2021. Showing all transactions, date, paid out, paid in, Balance.

Is this acceptable? As I'm worried it doesn't satisfy the " regular bank statements are provided" part. I have requested the Bank to provide a letter confirming that this type of account doesn't provide monthly bank statement, but you can see how much the balance is per month. Please can someone confirm if this is acceptable?

Cash savings – further guidance
These are the requirements that must be met:
• the bank/savings account is a current, deposit or investment account
• the account is held is a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating
• the financial institution is not on the list of excluded institutions under the Immigration Rules
• regular bank statements are provided
• the statements cover the necessary time period required in the Immigration Rules
• the savings are held in cash (or their cash value is clear)
• the savings can be immediately withdrawn (with or without penalty)
• the funds are under the control of the person and/or their partner for the necessary time period required in the Immigration Rules
• the source of the funds is legal
• the source of the funds has been declared

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 1:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Extension - Savings Route

As long as the document you have from the bank shows that the account balance was at least 62,500 six months before you submit your application, and that the balance didn't go below 62,500 in the 6 months before submitting your application, then what you have is fine.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Sep 28th 2021 at 1:56 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

oxygen28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
As long as the document you have from the bank shows that the account balance was at least 62,500 six months before you submit your application, and that the balance didn't go below 62,500 in the 6 months before submitting your application, then what you have is fine.
I'm glad!- it made me worry for a while Thanks for confirming Spouse of Scouse!
Old Sep 28th 2021, 3:10 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oxygen28
I'm glad!- it made me worry for a while Thanks for confirming Spouse of Scouse!
You're most welcome. Very stressful, these visa applications!