Spouse visa - documents and timing

Old Jan 22nd 2022, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa - documents and timing

Hi! I can finally apply for my visa this week so getting everything in order. Using cash savings route.

Does anyone know:
For Evidence of your shared financial responsibilities - is a joint mortgage statement and rates notice enough?
For A declaration by joint of the source(s) of the cash savings - what do they want? I thought the bank statements covered this, but just realised that’s the next document on the list!

Also, for timing - if we reached the savings target on say 25th of the month, can I apply on the 24th or do I need to wait until 25th?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 23rd 2022, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa - documents and timing

Originally Posted by marigoldfairy View Post
Hi! I can finally apply for my visa this week so getting everything in order. Using cash savings route.

Does anyone know:
For Evidence of your shared financial responsibilities - is a joint mortgage statement and rates notice enough?
For A declaration by joint of the source(s) of the cash savings - what do they want? I thought the bank statements covered this, but just realised that’s the next document on the list!

Also, for timing - if we reached the savings target on say 25th of the month, can I apply on the 24th or do I need to wait until 25th?

Thanks in advance!

Joint mortgage documents are fine
Source of cash savings - how did you acquire the cash savings?
Timing - you wait until your savings have been in an account for a full 6 months..... so if that's on the 25th you wait until the 25th....
Old Jan 23rd 2022, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa - documents and timing

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl View Post
Joint mortgage documents are fine
Source of cash savings - how did you acquire the cash savings?
Timing - you wait until your savings have been in an account for a full 6 months..... so if that's on the 25th you wait until the 25th....
thank you!! You are amazing.

For source of cash savings - we sold our RV motorhome and the rest was savings from income. Do I just need to write that up in a letter and we both sign it?