British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Spouse visa documents returned (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/spouse-visa-documents-returned-919064/)

uddin0 Nov 6th 2018 2:49 pm

Spouse visa documents returned

Hi, I applied for spouse visa for wife on 8 october 2018 and biometrics done on 10 october.

I have recieved all the documents back along with this letter:

Dear Sir/Madam
Sponsor Document
thank you for sending documents in support of a UK visa application. copies of these documents have been retained by UK visas and immigration in in order to assess the application and as such we are returning the original documents to you. you may be receiving the documents prior to that applicant receiving a decision on the application. this is normal part of the process and you need to take no further action should we require anything further from you we will contact you via the email address you have provided in due course the applicant will receive a decision on the applicatin.
Yours faithfully
UK Visa and Immigration

Does this mean they made a decision? they sent back documents back within 4 weeks, is this normal? should i be worried?

Mrs.E Nov 7th 2018 6:54 am

Re: Spouse visa documents returned

Originally Posted by uddin0 (Post 12588998)
Hi, I applied for spouse visa for wife on 8 october 2018 and biometrics done on 10 october.

I have recieved all the documents back along with this letter:

Dear Sir/Madam
Sponsor Document
thank you for sending documents in support of a UK visa application. copies of these documents have been retained by UK visas and immigration in in order to assess the application and as such we are returning the original documents to you. you may be receiving the documents prior to that applicant receiving a decision on the application. this is normal part of the process and you need to take no further action should we require anything further from you we will contact you via the email address you have provided in due course the applicant will receive a decision on the applicatin.
Yours faithfully
UK Visa and Immigration

Does this mean they made a decision? they sent back documents back within 4 weeks, is this normal? should i be worried?

Hi There,

There is nothing to worry about :)
I believe this is completely normal and in fact, my documents were also returned back to me before a decision was made.
Just as the letter states, they will contact you should they require you to action anything further.

All the best!! :thumbs_up:

SanDiegogirl Nov 7th 2018 5:23 pm

No it does not mean that a decision has been made. The letter is merely saying they have retained copies of the documents and are returning the originals.

uddin0 Nov 7th 2018 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs.E (Post 12589461)
Hi There,

There is nothing to worry about :)
I believe this is completely normal and in fact, my documents were also returned back to me before a decision was made.
Just as the letter states, they will contact you should they require you to action anything further.

All the best!! :thumbs_up:

thanks