Spouse Visa Documents Check list

Old Aug 17th 2016, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Documents Check list

thank you for your reply!

I think i will consider doing what you did as a last resort.

do you think bank will stamp bank statements if I get a friend to go the bank in London? i know it sounds like a stupid question.....
Old Aug 17th 2016, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by omario2016
thank you for your reply!

I think i will consider doing what you did as a last resort.

do you think bank will stamp bank statements if I get a friend to go the bank in London? i know it sounds like a stupid question.....
Can't help you with this, but why not call your bank and ask them, or get someone to drop in to check.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thank you!

I have savings with two banks. One is able to send me original statements but the other said they can send me what i will be able to print already anyways so no point waiting for them for weeks if i can already get them online. In the absence of any branches of the latter, hence not being able to get statement stamped, I am stuck. Though i have noticed the statements which i can print online (if printed in colour) is the same as ones i used to receive as 'original' sent by my bank so I don't understand how can someone tell if it was me who printed them or the bank?

Am thinking that I can just go ahead and print those (in colour) and attach a letter from my work explaining the history of my employment and the salary plus of course the payslips. I don't want to sound presumptuous but I work for a leading international organisation and I hope that will have some bearings on the credibility of an official headed paper..... I know it is a risk but the only other option would be to fly out to the UK from Dhaka. a round trip would cost us 2200 pounds which is more than the application would cost if I fail? i know that is a wrong way of looking at it....

Last edited by omario2016; Aug 23rd 2016 at 1:13 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe that looking at just the cost of a round trip is the right basis for a decision. Having been through the process, I can tell you that once is more than enough. Remember that if you had to reapply, you would have to get all your documents updated, prepare everything again etc. Not only would it take up a huge amount of extra time, but all your plans would be blown apart.

I can only repeat what I said before - in your shoes I wouldn't take the risk. It is stated clearly in the official documentation what you must provide, so if you choose not to do so and to assume that everything will be OK, then you have to accept the risk. I wouldn't take the risk, since I take the view that if we are asked to provide stuff, then it is up to us to get it, irrespective of the inconvenience.

I am not trying to be negative, but I personally believe that you should do what you need to do to get everything right first time, get the visa and then move forward !
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 10:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by omario2016
Ok thank you!

I have savings with two banks. One is able to send me original statements but the other said they can send me what i will be able to print already anyways so no point waiting for them for weeks if i can already get them online. In the absence of any branches of the latter, hence not being able to get statement stamped, I am stuck. Though i have noticed the statements which i can print online (if printed in colour) is the same as ones i used to receive as 'original' sent by my bank so I don't understand how can someone tell if it was me who printed them or the bank?

Am thinking that I can just go ahead and print those (in colour) and attach a letter from my work explaining the history of my employment and the salary plus of course the payslips. I don't want to sound presumptuous but I work for a leading international organisation and I hope that will have some bearings on the credibility of an official headed paper..... I know it is a risk but the only other option would be to fly out to the UK from Dhaka. a round trip would cost us 2200 pounds which is more than the application would cost if I fail? i know that is a wrong way of looking at it....
There has to be another way instead of spending all that money on flights. Can the bank that won't send original statements just send a letter, as allowed within the Home Office's immigration rules? https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence
Old Aug 25th 2016, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Thank you DV! Thank you spousofscouse for that very useful link.
I have an update: I spoke to my bank and this time it was someone who actually knew her job. She is able to send me statements for the last six months (two of which will be charged 30p a sheet which is fine). They call it duplicate statements but they are actually in their headed papers which is basically the original ones. I just have to get my friend to forward them to me now here in Dhaka which could take a while.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

nce1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

please how is the online application form signed?
Old Apr 28th 2017, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

nce1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know what to say when it come to this question, what permission i have to stay in this country
Old May 2nd 2017, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

chandni is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Spouse Visa Documents Check list

Hello Dear,
This checklist of yours is very useful as I am currently applying as well for the Spouse Visa.
Any tips you can give me?
How long before you got a confirmation?

Now that we've finally received our daughter's British passport, we are ready to move on and apply for the spouse visa for myself. We have a full month of Feb to prepare all the documents and we will be making the application (priority service) at the beginning of March. But first of all, I'd like to thank all the members of BE who helped us a lot with great information regarding the child first British passport application from overseas. I still can't believe how fast the process went considering that our countersignatory was a Malaysian too.

I would be very grateful if anyone can advice us with our document check list for the spouse visa application as below:

Applicant's Documents
-completed application form
-payment receipt
-cover letter
-current passport
-previous passports
-passport photo x2
-TB Test
-English Test
-Biometric

Sponsor's Documents
-completed sponsor form
-cover letter
-passport (colour copy of bio data page?)

Financial Evidence
-Letter from employer
-contract letter
-most recent payslips x6
-most recent bank statements x6
-P60

Evidence of accommodation
-Tenancy agreement
-Council tax statements x 1?
-Property inspection report
-Utility bills x 1?
-Letter from landlord

Relationship Evidence
-Marriage certificate & certified translation
-Copy of passport stamps
-Skype call logs x 5 A4 sheets
-Annotated photos x 15
-child's birth certificate & certified translation
-Letters/cards (Christmas/Birthday/emails)
-previous flight tickets?

I really feel like I'm missing a lot here. No words can explain how worried and nervous I am knowing that all the fees and expenses are non refundable and that's a lot for us to lose. My husband will be coming over to Malaysia to assist me with the application and to avoid the complication with the 28 days rule.

So, many many many thanks for all the help we will receive from members here in advance.

Ruri[/QUOTE]
Old May 2nd 2017, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

chandni is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello noogin87
I am just putting together my application and documents. I saw yours had a something Called: Letter explain why don't have p60.
whats that?
I would really appreciate the help.

Originally Posted by noogin87
Just include it. They won't look down on the application for Including something that's not needed, they'll just disregard it. I only included my daughters passport to prove our relationship, and so the timeline of events makes sense on our cover letter outlining when we met etc.