Spouse Visa Documents Check list

Old Jan 30th 2016, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

ruri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Documents Check list

Originally Posted by michali
I believe the form SU07 is intended for those bringing in adult or child dependents and not spouses. I defer to those more knowledgable but we did not submit it with our application.
Right, I did some research about SU07 and there were lots of mixed answers I found so it is quite confusing. Also I'm now wondering if the p60 is really necessary/mandatory?

I ask because my husband moved to a new company just before the tax year last year and as for this year we are going to send our visa application before April.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 5:57 am
Just Joined

plimper is an unknown quantity at this point

I've decided that in my case I'm going to complete the SU07 form and take it anyway, just in case they do need it, although I'm pretty sure I don't. Better to be safe than sorry!
Old Feb 1st 2016, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

orange108 is an unknown quantity at this point

we're i the same boat re SU07. i've read whilst doing the online application (boxed in blue) that SU07 is intended for parents, children and any other dependents of the sponsor. my husband was not initially keen to complete it. however, a friend who recently applied told us that at SFV where we hand our applications, she was asked for the form.

i've asked my husband to complete the form (he agreed). my view is when i arrive in the UK, i will not be working so i may be viewed as a dependent. hence, the need for the completed form.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Well we have decided to complete the SU07 form and will bring it to the application centre when I go for the appointment. Just in case...
Old Feb 1st 2016, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

noogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond repute

I was recently accepted for the visa and I put all my documents I included in the link below. I'm kind of jealous by the amount of replies you got haha! We put a checklist of all the documents in the cover letter from my wife (the applicant).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...cklist-868244/
Old Feb 1st 2016, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noogin87
I was recently accepted for the visa and I put all my documents I included in the link below. I'm kind of jealous by the amount of replies you got haha! We put a checklist of all the documents in the cover letter from my wife (the applicant).

Thanks for the list. I used yours to help get mine together.

With regards to the SU07 form (which you didn't include), I can't see how the SU07 could even be completed and signed by me as I am currently still here in the States with my applicant wife and we will be staying with my family when we arrive. We will be showing we have sufficient funds to maintain us for at least 30 months.

Appendix 2 seems to cover all the relevant questions regarding adequate finances, maintenance and accommodation and not being eligible for benefits.

I would welcome to hear from anyone else who was recently accepted for a spouse settlement where the SU07 was needed.
Thanks.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noogin87

Thank you so much. I will definitely compare my check list to yours and see if anything missing. My husband and I both wrote a cover letter for each too and I did put the check list of documents in mine.

To be honest I am more jealous to you because your wife have already got her visa. Congratulations.

Also thank you for mentioning the british passport copy of your daughter's. I really didn't think of that before. But I wonder if I need to include my daughter's Malaysian passport copy too along with the british one?
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

noogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond reputenoogin87 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruri
Thank you so much. I will definitely compare my check list to yours and see if anything missing. My husband and I both wrote a cover letter for each too and I did put the check list of documents in mine.

To be honest I am more jealous to you because your wife have already got her visa. Congratulations.

Also thank you for mentioning the british passport copy of your daughter's. I really didn't think of that before. But I wonder if I need to include my daughter's Malaysian passport copy too along with the british one?
Just include it. They won't look down on the application for Including something that's not needed, they'll just disregard it. I only included my daughters passport to prove our relationship, and so the timeline of events makes sense on our cover letter outlining when we met etc.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,

We will be sending my UK spouse visa just in 2 and a half weeks from now and I have some more questions to ask, I hope these will be the last but I doubt so!

1. Skype logs and emails: Can we simply take a screen shot of these and print them? Or can I do it any other way?

2. Excess money: By the end of this month there will be some amount of money going into my husband's bank account because we have finally sold our flat in Edinburgh last month. Do we have to include a written explanation regarding this in his cover letter, and what document can we include as an evidence? We are applying under the salaried employment category by the way.

3. Applicant's (me) bank statements: My husband has been sending money through Western Union but it all went straight into my bank account therefore I do not have a physical receipt for any of the transaction. It does show my husband's name in my bank statement so I wonder if I could just include my bank statements along with other supporting documents for the our relationship evidences. If so, how many should I include?

Thank you so much for all the help given!

Ruri
Old Feb 11th 2016, 8:35 am
Next chapter awaits

HighCaper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ruri, you listed biometric as being something you were attaching to your application, what is this ?

Originally Posted by ruri

Applicant's Documents
-completed application form
-payment receipt
-cover letter
-current passport
-previous passports
-passport photo x2
-TB Test
-English Test
-Biometric
Many thanks
Old Feb 11th 2016, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HighCaper
Hi Ruri, you listed biometric as being something you were attaching to your application, what is this ?

Many thanks
It's a finger print that will be taken at the VFS centre. They will take it when I go for the appointment as it is a requirement for UK visa application.

You don't have to worry about that while you are preparing for your application as it will only be done during the appointment
Old Feb 25th 2016, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

hello! the website states that the sponsor undertaking form is intended for parents, children and all other dependents.

i initially didn't intend to include it however a friend who got her visa in sept said she was asked when she was submitting the documents at vfs. she submitted hers in malaysia. her husband is employed in the UK.

because of this, i prepared the form. i wasn't asked by vfs but handed the form and supporting documents (house deed, council payment and utility bill) as i already prepared them. these documents also served as evidence for some questions in the application form and appendix 2. i submitted mine in australia. i submitted through the savings route. i received my visa in 3 days (from the date of appointment with vfs).

what i can suggest is create a master checklist infront (like a cover page) then separate cover sheets (for ex: "Supporting Documents for Application Form, Question 1.17"). i had 2 separate big files when i went to vfs - one with 'all original documents' and the other one 'all photocopies, both in the same order.

i would like to thank you for your keeping information flowing. i learned a lot. our next move is to go to our local MP and inform them the difficulties in this exercise (not just ours but those with expat sponsors in general), and also to lobby a few changes.
is there a an organisation that deals similar to our situation (expat sponsors)? i am more than willing to join.
Old Feb 25th 2016, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

hello! evidence of health surcharge payment is also requires. ta!
Old Feb 26th 2016, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by orange108
hello! the website states that the sponsor undertaking form is intended for parents, children and all other dependents.

i initially didn't intend to include it however a friend who got her visa in sept said she was asked when she was submitting the documents at vfs. she submitted hers in malaysia. her husband is employed in the UK.

because of this, i prepared the form. i wasn't asked by vfs but handed the form and supporting documents (house deed, council payment and utility bill) as i already prepared them. these documents also served as evidence for some questions in the application form and appendix 2. i submitted mine in australia. i submitted through the savings route. i received my visa in 3 days (from the date of appointment with vfs).

what i can suggest is create a master checklist infront (like a cover page) then separate cover sheets (for ex: "Supporting Documents for Application Form, Question 1.17"). i had 2 separate big files when i went to vfs - one with 'all original documents' and the other one 'all photocopies, both in the same order.

i would like to thank you for your keeping information flowing. i learned a lot. our next move is to go to our local MP and inform them the difficulties in this exercise (not just ours but those with expat sponsors in general), and also to lobby a few changes.
is there a an organisation that deals similar to our situation (expat sponsors)? i am more than willing to join.
Wow! So you have done yours? Big congratulations for getting the visa!! When are you leaving to the UK?

We are now ready to send our application next week and I'm honestly very nervous. I hope everything will be OK. My husband is coming to Malaysia in couple of days as he will have his annual leave at the same time too so I'm so looking forward. We have been apart for 9 months now it's so terrible.

My husband has already filled up the sponsorship undertaking form and I will be taking it with me to the appointment, just to be safe.

Thank you so much for sharing
Old Feb 26th 2016, 10:19 am
Just Joined

i stayed here in the UK for the last 6 months under the visitor visa, left to lodge this entry permit visa (expensive exercise, i must say) then came back yesterday.

good luck with your application! hope the process goes smoothly for you. xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.