Spouse Visa Documents Check list

Old Jan 22nd 2016, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

ruri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Documents Check list

Originally Posted by michali
Don't worry about asking questions here. That is what we are here for! And we all needed help when applying for our visas.

To the question how long do you intend to stay, we put 'permanently' but then qualified it in the area for extra information by saying something like 'depending of course, on the granting of further visas'. Some however suggest you should put two and a half years, the length of the visa. I don't think it really matters.

I cannot recall having to put a name or hotel for accommodation. Maybe they have changed it allowing for the fact that some applicants will not have a permanent place to live on arrival. Especially as landlords now sometimes do not give permission in advance for a migrant spouse to live in their property until the visa has been granted. I would just put the address of the property and you should include a tenancy agreement that your husband has with the landlord along with a letter from the landlord giving you permission to live there when you get your visa. A utility or council tax bill should also be included. If you are sharing with anyone else you should get an inspection report. Now others who have applied more recently may be able to advise better on this issue. Not sure whose name should go in the box, your husbands or the landlord's.
For now I put 2.5 years answer for the question of "how long do you intend to stay in the UK?"

As for the accommodation, I was advised to put my husband's name by someone who has recently applied for the visa.

We have done filling out the first form now but we have not confirmed it as I wondered if we could still edit it after confirming it?
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean submit? I have forgotten the process but once you submit and pay, I don't think you can edit any more. Any corrections would have to be handwritten on the printed form. You can, of course, save the form each time you come out of it before submitting.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Do you mean submit? I have forgotten the process but once you submit and pay, I don't think you can edit any more. Any corrections would have to be handwritten on the printed form. You can, of course, save the form each time you come out of it before submitting.
Well, under the save & quit button, there is a confirm application button and it seems like I need to click that before I can go to the next step which to sign declaration and the rest.

Also I was looking for where the appendix 2 is today! goodness, I was expecting all the form to be in the online application but the appendix 2 is missing!

So I made a search and found the link below that you posted from 2014 thread in this forum. Is it still the same Appendix 2 we need to fill out today? And is it to be filled by the sponsor or by the applicant? well, we both will do that anyway.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-Appendix2.pdf

Thanks so much michali, I really appreciate all the helps I'm getting!

Last edited by ruri; Jan 23rd 2016 at 1:11 am.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

…..If you are sharing with anyone else you should get an inspection report. Now others who have applied more recently may be able to advise better on this issue. Not sure whose name should go in the box, your husbands or the landlord's.
Can someone help me out with this as this is the situation we find ourselves in. We will initially be staying at my parents home. Father has provided a letter but the 'inspection report' letter evades us!

I have asked numerous local estate agents, home inspectors and surveyors but they all say its not a service they provide and seem concerned their liability insurance does not cover it. I have explained all I want is a letter giving the basic description and layout of the home and how many rooms/bedrooms it has. Even willing to pay a home inspector or surveyor but still all negative.

Banging my head against the wall on this one requirement!.

Any advice?
Old Jan 26th 2016, 5:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyleo
Can someone help me out with this as this is the situation we find ourselves in. We will initially be staying at my parents home. Father has provided a letter but the 'inspection report' letter evades us!

I have asked numerous local estate agents, home inspectors and surveyors but they all say its not a service they provide and seem concerned their liability insurance does not cover it. I have explained all I want is a letter giving the basic description and layout of the home and how many rooms/bedrooms it has. Even willing to pay a home inspector or surveyor but still all negative.

Any advice?
I can't imagine that your application would fail because you didn't have an 'official' inspection letter. If your father's letter includes the number of rooms and bedrooms in the house (thus showing there's room for you), perhaps accompanied by a copy of a mortgage document or deed (to prove ownership), and how many people are living there permanently, I think that would suffice. That is only my thoughts though, so don't hang your hat on it.

We provided a Homebuyers Report because we'd just bought in the UK, so already had one. If you want to provide the same, there's nothing to stop your father getting one done, he could just say he's thinking of putting the house on the market and wants the document as a selling point. Ours cost 275 pounds though, so it's not a tiny amount.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruri
Well, under the save & quit button, there is a confirm application button and it seems like I need to click that before I can go to the next step which to sign declaration and the rest.

Also I was looking for where the appendix 2 is today! goodness, I was expecting all the form to be in the online application but the appendix 2 is missing!

So I made a search and found the link below that you posted from 2014 thread in this forum. Is it still the same Appendix 2 we need to fill out today? And is it to be filled by the sponsor or by the applicant? well, we both will do that anyway.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-Appendix2.pdf

Thanks so much michali, I really appreciate all the helps I'm getting!
Yes, that is the Appendix 2. I just checked and it appears to be the latest version.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bobbyleo

Any advice?
Wish I could help on this. On one forum, it is advised to get one done if sharing, but I really cannot be sure if it is mandatory. Here is just one example.

What is a property inspection? | Immigration property inspection | Manchester City Council

Hopefully someone else can advise.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could help on this. On one forum, it is advised to get one done if sharing, but I really cannot be sure if it is mandatory. Here is just one example.

What is a property inspection? | Immigration property inspection | Manchester City Council

Hopefully someone else can advise.
Thanks michali, thats a big help. Maybe I need to approach the local council.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Yes, that is the Appendix 2. I just checked and it appears to be the latest version.
Thanks again Michali!

I was a little concerned when I looked at it and it is a 2013 version.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:19 am
Just Joined

plimper is an unknown quantity at this point

Ruri, in your checklist I see that you have put "completed sponsor form" in there. I assume this refers to document SU07/12 - is this a necessity for a spouse visa application? I've googled it and am none the wiser. Would love to know as I've not seen it in any other checklists. Thanks!
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by plimper
Ruri, in your checklist I see that you have put "completed sponsor form" in there. I assume this refers to document SU07/12 - is this a necessity for a spouse visa application? I've googled it and am none the wiser. Would love to know as I've not seen it in any other checklists. Thanks!
Yes, it is the SU07/12 and it is a necessity. I recently read in another forum that someone got her visa application refused earlier this month because her spouse forgot to complete and submit this form along with their application.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks Ruri. Isn't it only necessary if the sponsor already lives in the UK? I live in SE Asia with my wife, and we will be applying from here and using the savings route to move back. I imagine if I was already living in the UK and going down the income route for 6+ months I would need it, but with my situation I can't see how I would need it. Hmmm!
Old Jan 27th 2016, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by plimper
Thanks Ruri. Isn't it only necessary if the sponsor already lives in the UK? I live in SE Asia with my wife, and we will be applying from here and using the savings route to move back. I imagine if I was already living in the UK and going down the income route for 6+ months I would need it, but with my situation I can't see how I would need it. Hmmm!
Oh, I'm not sure if the form is needed for the saving route. My husband is already living in the UK so I have been checking on the category we are on mostly only. But there are so many members here who can help you clear this for you, so don't worry

Where in SE Asia are you and your wife at the moment?
Old Jan 28th 2016, 12:38 am
Just Joined

We're both currently living and working in Cambodia, Ruri. I'll try and find out some more information about this form as I'm really not sure what to do with it, but my gut feeling is telling me it's not necessary in our case.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

I believe the form SU07 is intended for those bringing in adult or child dependents and not spouses. I defer to those more knowledgable but we did not submit it with our application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.