Spouse Visa - Document Checklist and few queries

Old Oct 12th 2017, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Document Checklist and few queries

Originally Posted by ash25
Hello

I had a few doubts about my application. My husband is a British citizen and Im from India. My husband is working with the NHS since August 2 2017 and by the end of this month it will be 3 months. So we will have 3 months payslips from the Nhs with a fixed salary and Employers letter. We got married in the month of July and he took off for a month. Previously he was working as a doctor doing locum jobs for an agency. So that comes under self empoyed and he was getting variable income according to the hours he worked and accodring to when he submitted his timesheets, so certain months money was coming as a bulk. Because of that he is missing out on 2 months payslips( but he got paid , just that it came all together in the next mont)Will that be a problem? Will they need 18600 pounds savings to be required in the bank account. or do they just add up?
Please read the following document carefully to see how your husband can qualify under the financial requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

From what you write above you do not appear to understand the requirements.

You cannot apply providing just three months of income and then using past self employment income.

You can use savings to make up a shortfall in earning, but there is no 18,600 GBP savings figure to qualify.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

ash25 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have read it. What about this statement then?

5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or
variable income – person residing in the UK
5.3.1. This category can be used where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are
in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried or non-salaried employment at the date
of application, but has not been with the same employer and/or not earning the income
level relied upon in the application for at least 6 months prior to the date of application. It
can therefore be used by those who have been with their current employer for less than
6 months, or who have been with their current employer for at least 6 months but
earning a variable income and wish to be considered in this category rather than under
Category A.

Under Category B, the financial requirement must be met and evidenced in two parts.
5.3.4. First, where the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with
permission to work) is in salaried employment at the date of application and has been
with the same employer, or earning the amount relied upon, for less than the last 6
months, they can count the gross annual salary at the date of application towards the
Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement
August 2017

5.3.9. Second, the person must in addition have received in the 12 months prior to the
date of application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement,
based on:
 The gross amount of salaried or non-salaried employment income of the applicant’s
partner (in the UK or overseas) and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with
permission to work);
 The gross amount of any specified non-employment income received by the
applicant’s partner, the applicant or both jointly, provided they continue to own the
relevant asset (e.g. property, interest from shares) at the date of application; and/or
 The gross amount of any State (UK or foreign), occupational or private pension
received by the applicant’s partner or the applicant.
financial requirement. There is no required minimum period for this current employment,
provided that the requirements for specified evidence under paragraph 2 of Appendix
FM-SE can be met in respect of it.

Case studies – Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable
income – person residing in the UK
Example (a)
The applicant’s partner works in the UK. She started a new job 3 months prior to the date of
application and her gross annual salary is £22,000. She meets part (1) of the calculation for
Category B because she is in salaried employment at the date of application and her gross
annual salary at the date of application meets the financial requirement.
In addition, she must have received in the 12 months prior to the application the level of
income required to meet part (2) of the calculation for Category B. Before starting her new
job, she worked for another company for 7 months during the last 12 months. Including her
Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement
August 2017
current and previous job, the total amount she has earned from employment in the last 12
months is £20,000.
The financial requirement is met under Category B because the applicant’s partner is
currently in a job paying at least £18,600 a year and has earned more than £18,600 from
employment in the last 12 months.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You said your husband was self employed before this current job.

You can't use past self employment income with current employment income.

In the example you show the applicant is currently employed and for the previous 12 months was also employed (ie. working as an employee for a company).
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

ash_bir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by exp123
I am in the process of compiling the documents for my spouse visa.

Applicant - myself
Sponsor - my wife (British citizen)

we currently live in Saudi Arabia and will be moving together once my visa comes through.

The financial requirements will be met partly though cash savings and partly through sale of property that we have owned for the past two years (in Pakistan). However, the proceeds from sale of property will not have been in our account for the whole six months.

should i be consulting a solicitor or it is simple enough to apply on our own?

i have compiled the following list of documents. kindly let me know if something is missing or needs to be omitted.

Applicant

Application Form (VAF4A)
IHS Payment Confirmation
Cover Letter
Passport
Previous passports
Passport Photo x 2
Biometric Appointment Confimation
KSA Residence Permit (Iqama)
proof of employment (letter from employer)

English Language Requiriement

English Test - IELTS

Sponsor

Sponsor Cover Letter
Sponsor Passport (Colour Copy)
KSA Residence Permit (Iqama)

Accommodation

Tenancy agreement
Letter from landlord agency confirming we can stay and accommodation details

Financial Requirement

Appendix 2 (VAF4A - Appendix 2)
Six months bank statement
Letter from bank confirming balance
Declaration stating the source of funds
Property registration (confirming that the property was in our name prior to sale)
Property sale agreement
Letter from solicitor confirming sale price
Letter from lender (bank) regarding repayment of mortgage
Confirmation of payment of taxes or any fees associated with the sale

Relationship

Marriage Certificate (Original & Translated)
15 photos spanning our relationship pasted on A4 paper with short captions
Wedding invites, plant tickets and Hotel bookings of trips taken together
Daughter’s birth certificate (British National)
Joint bank account statement
Rent agreement in both our names
Hi, was wondering if you could help me please. I've applied for my husband who lives in Riyadh. He went for his biometrics 2 weeks ago but got a call from the embassy yesterday asking for the documents. The documents have already been sent to Sheffield by me through a lawyer. Is this call a standard call or should I be worried?
Did you give your documents to Sheffield or in Riyadh when you went for biometrics?
Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs.E is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by not2old
Yes, that is the requirement

section 5 in the following link 'documents that must be provided'

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-fami...u-must-provide
I am hoping someone may be able to clarify.

From what I recall on the online application, it asks for your previous passports (if any) in the last 10 years.
So I only submitted the 3 passports that I held in the past 10 years - is this going to be accepted or should I have provided passports from before 10 years?

Thank you in advance
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs.E

From what I recall on the online application, it asks for your previous passports (if any) in the last 10 years.
So I only submitted the 3 passports that I held in the past 10 years - is this going to be accepted or should I have provided passports from before 10 years?

Thank you in advance
Mrs. E,
Not sure how much help this is.. but the lady at VFS didn't even want to take my old passport (I insisted she take it), so maybe it's not a big deal (? - I don't really know).
I did say that I had included a photocopy of my old passport with my application.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 1:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs.E

Thank you in advance
You’ve answered your own question.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You’ve answered your own question.
Thank you, BritInParis
I know it sounded like a silly question, but people seem to be sending ALL their previous passports, so it got me a bit worried
Old Oct 4th 2018, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by em28
Mrs. E,
Not sure how much help this is.. but the lady at VFS didn't even want to take my old passport (I insisted she take it), so maybe it's not a big deal (? - I don't really know).
I did say that I had included a photocopy of my old passport with my application.
Sorry, em28! I didn't see your response!
Thats odd that she didn't want to take it
The first question I got asked was "how many passports are you submitting?"
Good thing you insisted!!