Spouse Visa - Document Checklist and few queries

Old Dec 20th 2016, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

exp123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa - Document Checklist and few queries

I am in the process of compiling the documents for my spouse visa.

Applicant - myself
Sponsor - my wife (British citizen)

we currently live in Saudi Arabia and will be moving together once my visa comes through.

The financial requirements will be met partly though cash savings and partly through sale of property that we have owned for the past two years (in Pakistan). However, the proceeds from sale of property will not have been in our account for the whole six months.

should i be consulting a solicitor or it is simple enough to apply on our own?

i have compiled the following list of documents. kindly let me know if something is missing or needs to be omitted.

Applicant

Application Form (VAF4A)
IHS Payment Confirmation
Cover Letter
Passport
Previous passports
Passport Photo x 2
Biometric Appointment Confimation
KSA Residence Permit (Iqama)
proof of employment (letter from employer)

English Language Requiriement

English Test - IELTS

Sponsor

Sponsor Cover Letter
Sponsor Passport (Colour Copy)
KSA Residence Permit (Iqama)

Accommodation

Tenancy agreement
Letter from landlord agency confirming we can stay and accommodation details

Financial Requirement

Appendix 2 (VAF4A - Appendix 2)
Six months bank statement
Letter from bank confirming balance
Declaration stating the source of funds
Property registration (confirming that the property was in our name prior to sale)
Property sale agreement
Letter from solicitor confirming sale price
Letter from lender (bank) regarding repayment of mortgage
Confirmation of payment of taxes or any fees associated with the sale

Relationship

Marriage Certificate (Original & Translated)
15 photos spanning our relationship pasted on A4 paper with short captions
Wedding invites, plant tickets and Hotel bookings of trips taken together
Daughter’s birth certificate (British National)
Joint bank account statement
Rent agreement in both our names

Last edited by exp123; Dec 20th 2016 at 12:46 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Nafeesa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Document Checklist and few queries

Hi exp

I am applying for my husband. We both live in Kuwait currently.

We hired an immigration solicitor as we had an issue with our marriage (so had to re-register our marriage with Nadra) but apart from that it is a simple process.

You will need to show the savings over GBP62.5k for a minimum of 6 months.

We sent our application on 12th of Oct and still currently waiting for a reply
Old Dec 21st 2016, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Yes we have £62,500 in saving partly through cash saving and partly through proceeds from sale of property.

are these the documents you sent too?

Wish you good luck with your application! Do update here
Old Dec 21st 2016, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Nafeesa is an unknown quantity at this point

The documents seem to be sufficient but the lowest amount in the account will be taken (so if in a 6 month period the account showed GBP62,499 and then you topped it up to be over GBP62,500 the ECO will reject the application) - the account has to be over the GBP62,500 amount for a full and complete 6 months
Old Dec 21st 2016, 6:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

If you meet the other requirements re the property that you've sold, and you do appear to meet them, then the proceeds can be utilized immediately for the spouse visa. No need for that portion to have been in the bank for six months, only the cash savings.

Is the tenancy agreement in your wife's name only? Landlords and letting agents are required by law to confirm every tenant's right to rent in the UK, and face substantial penalties if they don't do this. As you don't have a visa to live in the UK yet, your name shouldn't be on a tenancy agreement. What others have done in a similar situation is provide a copy of the tenancy agreement in their BC spouse's name, with an accompanying letter from the landlord confirming that you will be added to the tenancy agreement when you supply your biometric residence permit.

No idea if the Home Office would be bothered if your name is on the tenancy agreement already (unlawfully) but thought it was worth mentioning. Further info on Right to Rent here if needed https://www.gov.uk/check-tenant-righ...s/who-to-check

Best of luck with your application.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Dec 21st 2016 at 6:33 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the reply. I did not know about the tenancy agreement. Will make sure it is only in my wife's name. It is a verbal agreement at the moment with some family friends, will get the agreement made when I'm ready to apply.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

One more thing... since the proceeds from property and cash savings together make the £62,500 so for example gone property is worth £30,000 and cash savings are £32,500 as follows:

Month 1: cash saving: £32,500 and property worth £30,000 (not yet sold)

Month 2: cash saving: £32,500 and property worth £30,000 (not yet sold)

Month 3: total cash £62,500 (cash saving: £32,500 and proceeds from sale of property £30,000)

Month 4: total cash £62,500 (cash saving: £32,500 and proceeds from sale of property £30,000)

Month 5: total cash £62,500 (cash saving: £32,500 and proceeds from sale of property £30,000)

Month 6: total cash £62,500 (cash saving: £32,500 and proceeds from sale of property £30,000)

Will this be ok?
Old Jan 5th 2017, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Nandidk is an unknown quantity at this point

I think sponsor-er to fill Form SU07/12 - SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING.
You have enough funds in your account. I am British citizen and my wife is from India. When I applied for my wife settlement VISA, I have shown only £1200/- for continuous period of 7 months and my salary statement for 8 months with bank statement. Tenancy agreement, no objection letter from landlord and some sort of bill (electricity, water etc.).
We applied for VISA in November 2nd week of 2016 and we got approved VISA on 24th Dec. 2016.
They have given only one month validity on settlement VISA and we have to go and collect some sort of card from post office here within one month time.
Let me know if you want to any other information as we have applied recently, I think we can guide you.

regards

Last edited by Nandidk; Jan 5th 2017 at 1:02 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Nandidk is an unknown quantity at this point

Form SU07/12 - SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING to be added in your list.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nandidk
Form SU07/12 - SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING to be added in your list.
I completed this and we submitted it, but I learned later on this forum that it is not requited for a settlement visa application.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 2:16 am
Just Joined

Mchikwaira is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you get a response?
Originally Posted by Nafeesa
The documents seem to be sufficient but the lowest amount in the account will be taken (so if in a 6 month period the account showed GBP62,499 and then you topped it up to be over GBP62,500 the ECO will reject the application) - the account has to be over the GBP62,500 amount for a full and complete 6 months
Old Jan 10th 2017, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Steve Junion is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have to submit old passports?? That seems excessive.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 10:46 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve Junion
Do you have to submit old passports?? That seems excessive.
Yes, that is the requirement

section 5 in the following link 'documents that must be provided'

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-fami...u-must-provide
Old Jan 10th 2017, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

britishfilipino is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

I am writing you today as I will be applying for settlement visa to join my partner here in the UK but I am confused as to what to put as the sub type visa for settlement. I am married to a British subject via civil partnership here in the UK and I'm planning to apply for settlement visa in the Philippines. The thing is, I don't know what is the correct title or the sub type visa to put in as the site allow me to choose from;

family reunion- other dependant relative
husband
wife
civil partnership
child
marriage

I'm very confused as to what to choose for we are in same sex civil partnership.

If you have an idea please help me.

thanks
Old Jan 10th 2017, 6:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishfilipino
Hi everyone!

I am writing you today as I will be applying for settlement visa to join my partner here in the UK but I am confused as to what to put as the sub type visa for settlement. I am married to a British subject via civil partnership here in the UK and I'm planning to apply for settlement visa in the Philippines. The thing is, I don't know what is the correct title or the sub type visa to put in as the site allow me to choose from;

family reunion- other dependant relative
husband
wife
civil partnership
child
marriage

I'm very confused as to what to choose for we are in same sex civil partnership.

If you have an idea please help me.

thanks
If you're in a civil partnership then you select civil partnership.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.