Spouse Visa - Do they contact the sponsor?

Old Sep 25th 2018, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Nazanin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa - Do they contact the sponsor?

Hi all,

I have applied for an spouse application (currently on day 42 since biometrics), and was wondering if they would contact the sponsor or their workplace at any point during the review process.

The account of your experience on the matter would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2018, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Sjm417 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Do they contact the sponsor?

I’ve read cases where the sponsor or their work being contacted by the home office. In my case I got the visa without the home Office contacting me, my partner or his work.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 10:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It’s not unheard of but it would be rare. They are more likely to contact the sponsor’s employer than the sponsor.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 3:50 am
Just Joined

TrucnScott is an unknown quantity at this point

They didn't contact neither my sponsor (husband) nor his employer, yet I still got the visa. I guess it's because we applied through cash savings only route, so no need to contact his employer. My husband lives and works in my home country, not in the UK, so they didn't bother making international calls😂
I think if you apply through your sponsor's job then you should expect a call from HO.

Last edited by TrucnScott; Sep 27th 2018 at 5:24 am. Reason: Made a mistake in grammar
Old Sep 27th 2018, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

uddin0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TrucnScott
They didn't contact neither my sponsor (husband) nor his employer, yet I still got the visa. I guess it's because we applied through cash savings only route, so no need to contact his employer. My husband lives and works in my home country, not in the UK, so they didn't bother making international calls😂
I think if you apply through your sponsor's job then you should expect a call from HO.
will they call me if am applying through both job and savings? also do you need to delcare savings by a letter?
Old Sep 27th 2018, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by uddin0
will they call me if am applying through both job and savings? also do you need to delcare savings by a letter?
​​​​​​I think they probably call the employer to confirm about the job side, based on what I've read about other people's experience, but, again, it's just my opinion.
We did declare the sources of our savings in a letter, and also submitted supporting documents for what we stated. Our savings is mostly from my husband's salaries over several years, and a small part of it is from my parents. We wrote in as much details as we could, and attached all relevant documents, including a letter from my parents stating it's a gift not a loan as being advised on some forums.
If you have any other questions, we're happy to help with our experience😊
Old Sep 27th 2018, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

uddin0 is an unknown quantity at this point

​​​​​​I think they probably call the employer to confirm about the job side, based on what I've read about other people's experience, but, again, it's just my opinion.
We did declare the sources of our savings in a letter, and also submitted supporting documents for what we stated. Our savings is mostly from my husband's salaries over several years, and a small part of it is from my parents. We wrote in as much details as we could, and attached all relevant documents, including a letter from my parents stating it's a gift not a loan as being advised on some forums.
thanks, im just worried about the call, beacuse i work for a small company and owner is old gentlemen whos english is not first lanuage.

did you show savings in UK or aboard?

Last edited by uddin0; Sep 27th 2018 at 2:49 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

We showed savings in our bank account in my home country. We used oanda website to convert into £ then put the number in the application form.
Old Oct 16th 2018, 1:33 pm
KKB
Forum Regular

KKB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I am interested to know how the money was gifted by your parents. To be more clear, did your parents transfer the money into your bank account or did they have to make a gift deed, which you then submitted with your application. We also intend to use money from a family member and want to know exactly how this money should put into our account. Thanks in advance.