Spouse visa denied

Old Oct 31st 2013, 11:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa denied

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It's not so difficult to understand.

My comment was in response to the posts quoted above and referred was on the government's net migration figure target which is now making it increasingly difficult for the "skilled workers who we actually need and families of British citizens."

You picked out the phrase 'skilled workers' and said my post made 'no sense' as "skilled workers can easily walk into a job in the UK and bring their families with them, which they can't, as the government has severely curtailed the number of visas available to skilled workers from outside the EU.

No-one suggested British citizens needed a visa to work in the UK so I'm not quite sure where you got that from.
It was YOU who took a thread about British citizens wanting to bring their non-EU spouses to the UK, and took it off topic, quoting things about people who need a work related visa. Which makes no sense whatsoever in a thread about returning UK citizens and their spouses who want a spouse visa! I was merely pointing out that skilled British citizens should not have much difficulty landing a job a significantly more than the £18,600 level required to support a non-EU spouse.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 31st 2013 at 11:20 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 11:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It was YOU who took a thread about British citizens wanting to bring their non-EU spouses to the UK, and took it off topic, quoting things about people who need a work related visa. Which makes no sense whatsoever in a thread about returning UK citizens and their spouses who want a spouse visa! I was merely pointing out that skilled British citizens should not have much difficulty landing a job a significantly more than the £18,600 level required to support a non-EU spouse.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

bkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud of

The work visa route for the non-EEA spouse is the only option (other than the Surinder Singh route) if the British spouse doesn't work, and it's the non-EEA spouse who's the breadwinner.

So I personally think mentioning the drop in work visas being issued is worth it (just not a whole discussion on the area of work visas).
Old Nov 1st 2013, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

nm2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

with the singh route does that allow the non eu spouse to work?

how does that work do they get a stamp at the airport
Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:21 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nm2013
with the singh route does that allow the non eu spouse to work?
Yes, the non-EU spouse is allowed to work.

Originally Posted by nm2013
how does that work do they get a stamp at the airport
Nm 2013, have you read the BE Wiki on 'Surinder Singh'? Check #4 there for an answer.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Surinder_Singh
Old Nov 1st 2013, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

nm2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks alot

great help
Old Nov 1st 2013, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

.. I was merely pointing out that skilled British citizens should not have much difficulty landing a job a significantly more than the £18,600 level required to support a non-EU spouse.
Not always Pulaski. My OH is looking into a change in careers. I won't go into the specifics of which field, but we were quite surprised and disillusioned to see that a person with a BS in this field could have an entry level salary of only £15k. So you very well could be a professional, but not meet the income requirements to sponsor your spouse.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You picked out the phrase 'skilled workers' and said my post made 'no sense' as "skilled workers can easily walk into a job in the UK and bring their families with them, which they can't, as the government has severely curtailed the number of visas available to skilled workers from outside the EU.
All the visas they seem to have ended or amended, were the ones that let non-EUs settle in the UK when they weren't skilled at anything much.

Last edited by formula; Nov 1st 2013 at 11:33 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

I was merely pointing out that skilled British citizens should not have much difficulty landing a job a significantly more than the £18,600 level required to support a non-EU spouse.
Even the low skilled workers can make the £18,600 as they don't have to make that money from just one job. I don't know anyone who works less than 50 hours per week.

Even if they have virtually no skills at all, minimum wage is £6.31.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
My OH is looking into a change in careers. I won't go into the specifics of which field, but we were quite surprised and disillusioned to see that a person with a BS in this field could have an entry level salary of only £15k.

They have stopped people getting visas who only earn that little (unless they are in a certain needed field) as they want to keep those jobs for our own citizens or EU citizens (for however long free movement or the EU lasts).

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
So you very well could be a professional, but not meet the income requirements to sponsor your spouse.
They could take another part time job to make up their shortfall.

On only 15k, they would have to ask the welfare to support their familly with Working Tax Credits. On £18,600, they would be earning over the WTC threshold of £18,400 (?) and couldn't ask for WTC. Well they could ask, but they would be refused.

Last edited by formula; Nov 1st 2013 at 11:54 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by formula
On only 15k, they would have to ask the welfare to support their familly with Working Tax Credits.
There is no obligation to apply for tax credits, and in any case they wouldn't ask "the welfare" whatever that may mean - tax credits are applied for from the tax office, HMRC.

If the couple live in their own mortgage-free property, particularly outside the expensive southeast corner of the UK, then it's quite possible for a couple to live on £15,000.

Saying that, the minimum wage in the UK is ridiculously low - there really needs to be a living wage approach.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
There is no obligation to apply for tax credits, and in any case they wouldn't ask "the welfare" whatever that may mean - tax credits are applied for from the tax office, HMRC.
Tax Credits are an income based welfare payment, so claimants do have to ask the welfare state for these and fill in a form giving details of their income (or lack of any income) so that their welfare payment can be calculated. Claimants apply for this every year if they need them. Tax credits are the 3rd most expensive welfare payment that the UK has.

At the moment, HMRC deal with the income based welfare payments Tax Credits and Child Benefit. All the many councils deal with the income based welfare payments Housing benefits/LHA and the new council tax benefit (can't remember it's new name). DWP deal with all the other income based welfare payments.

Universal Credit are replacing the income based welfare payments presently known as Working Tax Credits; Job Seekers Allowance; Child Tax Credits; Employment Support Allowance; Income Support and housing. They will all be one payment and all dealt with by one office (instead of the hundreds (?) of offices we use now for all these claims).

If the couple live in their own mortgage-free property, particularly outside the expensive southeast corner of the UK, then it's quite possible for a couple to live on £15,000.
People aren't forced to claim benefits. They don't get given automatically; claimants have to ask for them.

Saying that, the minimum wage in the UK is ridiculously low - there really needs to be a living wage approach.
We need more parents to set a better example to their children by showing them a good work ethic. Then their children will work harder at school so that they won't need to worry about minimum wage and welfare changes.

Last edited by formula; Nov 2nd 2013 at 2:06 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 2:30 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Tax Credits are an income based welfare payment, so claimants do have to ask the welfare state for these and fill in a form giving details of their income (or lack of any income) so that their welfare payment can be calculated. Claimants apply for this every year if they need them. Tax credits are the 3rd most expensive welfare payment that the UK has.

At the moment, HMRC deal with the income based welfare payments Tax Credits and Child Benefit. All the many councils deal with the income based welfare payments Housing benefits/LHA and the new council tax benefit (can't remember it's new name). DWP deal with all the other income based welfare payments.

Universal Credit are replacing the income based welfare payments presently known as Working Tax Credits; Job Seekers Allowance; Child Tax Credits; Employment Support Allowance; Income Support and housing. They will all be one payment and all dealt with by one office (instead of the hundreds (?) of offices we use now for all these claims).

People aren't forced to claim benefits. They don't get given automatically; claimants have to ask for them.

We need more parents to set a better example to their children by showing them a good work ethic. Then their children will work harder at school so that they won't need to worry about minimum wage and welfare changes.
And more hours in the day and support networks to care for children while parents work the hours necessary to make ends meet. Though, personally, I don't like to see young children in care for long hours. The extra income isn't always worth it imo. Being a good parent isn't all about going out to work.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 10:08 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

"So they established the rule that all poor people should have the alternative (for they would compel nobody, not they) of being starved by a gradual process in the house, or by a quick one out of it. With this view, they contracted with the waterworks to lay on an unlimited supply of water, and with a corn-factor to supply periodically small quantities of oatmeal, and issued three meals of thin gruel a day, with an onion twice a week and half a roll on Sundays. They made a great many other wise and humane regulations . . . kindly undertook to divorce poor married people . . . instead of compelling a man to support his family, as they had theretofore done, took his family away from him, and made him a bachelor! There is no saying how many applicants for relief, under these last two heads, might have started up in all classes of society, if it had not been coupled with the workhouse; but the board were long-headed men, and had provided for this difficulty. The relief was inseparable from the workhouse and the gruel, and that frightened people."

Last edited by rebeccajo; Nov 2nd 2013 at 10:12 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

They have stopped people getting visas who only earn that little (unless they are in a certain needed field) as they want to keep those jobs for our own citizens or EU citizens (for however long free movement or the EU lasts).
FYI, my husband is a UK citizen. I was pointing out that a UKC could very well be a professional, but make less than the current UKBA income requirement. I thought that was obvious from my post.

They could take another part time job to make up their shortfall.
And my spouse shouldn't have to work 60-80hrs a week to keep me from being deported, to the point that I never get to actually see him. I am speaking only from a hypothetical here - I'm already in the UK on my ILE visa using up those valuable resources meant only for UKCs. At least my job is in America so I'm not taking away any jobs from a UKC either.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Nov 2nd 2013 at 11:01 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.