Spouse Visa from Delhi, India - our experience

Old Nov 30th 2018, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa from Delhi, India - our experience

Hi

I wanted to share our recent experience so it may help others just like others' posts helped us.

We applied for biometrics from New Delhi on 25th October. First of all, we only realized when we got there that you don't need to take supporting documents with you, just the application form, passport and your priority print out if you paid for it. I would suggest if you think your application is straightforward to go for the priority as in our case the application was straight forward and they beat their own 30 day timeline (26 working days in our case). Also pay for text service, its around 150 rupees but worth it as emails from UIKVI can be moody, sometimes they send, sometimes don't - having seen various threads on this website.

From Delhi you can opt to pay VFS to send your documents directly to Sheffield but they charge around £100 for upto 1kg of documents, defo not worth it as it takes a while to reach UK too, not quick. I sent the original and photocopies of documents from the UK on 1st November with special delivery and it reached them on 2nd November but I only had the royal mail receipt, nothing directly from UKVI. Fir priority application they want to receive the documents within 10 working days of biometrics.

A week later on 08 November I received all the original and photocopies including photos back from UKVI along with the generic letter that they are returning the documents and they decision may not have been made yet.

Following this, next week on 15 November Email stating "Your Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer".

Then after that we heard nothing from anyone. We did ring a couple of times on the premium line to get a status update and both times it said "Awaiting decision"

Then today, 30 Nov we got a text saying that the application is at the VAC and can be collected. Visa granted for one month on 26th working day.

I thought I will share our experience to give some hope that not all applications are delayed and i really hope everyone who is waiting gets it soon.

Any questions feel free to ask on this post.

Last edited by bookerw100; Nov 30th 2018 at 11:36 am.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

spinrs2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa from Delhi, India - our experience

congrats on your visa and thanks for sharing your experiences.