Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Aug 25th 2018, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

chris02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by Mo1995
Hi guys, my wifes biometrics was done on the 27th of june but I received them email saying eco has been assigned... within 12 weeks they will give me an answer on the 3rd of August.

So does that mean I have to wait 12 weeks from the biometrics or from the day I had received that email?

And before you ask, im not sure why there is such a huge gap in between as my solictor had done everytbing for me. 😭
my aplication is fiancee visa..non priority..my application submit and biometric was june 5.2018..then i got email frm sheffield that they recieved my application july 3..then i recieved back all my suporting documents..june 28..so aug 24 my 59 days working day and i got email frm sheffield saying my aplication is not straightforward..so upset cos been wating for 3 months..now i dont know when i can get result
Old Aug 25th 2018, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mo1995
Hi guys, my wifes biometrics was done on the 27th of june but I received them email saying eco has been assigned... within 12 weeks they will give me an answer on the 3rd of August.

So does that mean I have to wait 12 weeks from the biometrics or from the day I had received that email?

And before you ask, im not sure why there is such a huge gap in between as my solictor had done everytbing for me. 😭
yes u need to start counting frm the biometric
Old Aug 25th 2018, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Vandingo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
There is no contract and the government is under no obligation to process your application in a set period of time other than the targets it sets for itself.

The fees are higher than the actual cost of processing the application to cover the costs of the rest of the UK immigration system. This is the same of most other comparable countries. Australia charges AU$7200 (~£4000) and up until recently applications were taking 12-18 months to process.
il add to the argument Spain charges nothing for visa as long as you can support your spouse.
Here a good one iv been married for 2 years my wife is cuban still awaiting visa .but my wife friend is not even married but is seeing a Dutch guy they payed £300 for visa and she has only known him for three months and is now living in uk coming in through eu visa freedom of movement and im still awaiting my wife visa it's a complete insult to british people
Old Aug 25th 2018, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vandingo
il add to the argument Spain charges nothing for visa as long as you can support your spouse.
Here a good one iv been married for 2 years my wife is cuban still awaiting visa .but my wife friend is not even married but is seeing a Dutch guy they payed £300 for visa and she has only known him for three months and is now living in uk coming in through eu visa freedom of movement and im still awaiting my wife visa it's a complete insult to british people

i think she would need eaa visa, can’t come to uk with spain visa under freedom of movement as long as i know if she doesn’t hold one of the EU passports
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:21 am
Just Joined

nur78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nur78

hi! I have the same problem here, i am from Malaysia. I did my application on 5thjune 2018, bio- met: 6th june 2018 (settlement +1 dependent) paid for IHS dependent on 26th june 2018.
I received an email on final stage since 27th july and until now no news! It’s a waste paid for priority service. My husband contacted MP several time for help. but the same answer’ they are making on it and they are aware of urgency!. I can see for those application from US and Canada, very quick decision has been made! Some of them not even 30 working days!
It’s really stress when you keep thinking on it! Today is 54working days! Just keep praying on it!

update: i received the text message’RM0.00 The processed visa application for GW********was received on 8/27/2018’. Any idea? Should i go to vfs to collect my passport or to wait another message or email ‘passport ready to pick up’? I did not receive email from ukvi decision has been made.
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

update: i received the text message’RM0.00 The processed visa application for GW********was received on 8/27/2018’. Any idea? Should i go to vfs to collect my passport or to wait another message or email ‘passport ready to pick up’? I did not receive email from ukvi decision has been made.
my fiancee recieved email yesterday in uk visa inquiry saying my visa application have made dicition already and they said wait for vfs to msg me to collect my pasport or send my pasport
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

was receved where?
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chris02

my fiancee recieved email yesterday in uk visa inquiry saying my visa application have made dicition already and they said wait for vfs to msg me to collect my pasport or send my pasport
did u receive the same message as me?
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

did u receive the same message as me?
what is the exactly msg u recieved
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:37 am
Just Joined

maybe from vfs
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:38 am
Just Joined

what is the exactly msg u recieved
the one i posted ealier! Does anyone have experience?
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

the one i posted ealier! Does anyone have experience?
i dont see u earlier post
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

i dont see u earlier post

this the one email i recieved
Old Aug 29th 2018, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

my aplication is fiancee visa..non priority..my application submit and biometric was june 5.2018..then i got email frm sheffield that they recieved my application july 3..then i recieved back all my suporting documents..june 28..so aug 24 my 59 days working day and i got email frm sheffield saying my aplication is not straightforward..so upset cos been wating for 3 months..now i dont know when i can get result
update aug 29.pasport deliverd yahoo got visa approved
Old Aug 30th 2018, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Matti1107 is an unknown quantity at this point

I apply in Manila Philippines..i used non priority.my application submit in person.june 05 2018..biometric same day with application submitted..june 06 all supporting documents send to seffield..july 3 we get email saying they recieved my application in seffield..june 20 we recieved back all supporting documets..then they said 60 days the wating time..yesterday Aug 24 2018 is my 59 days working days i recieved email saying my application is not straightforward...so upseting cos been wating for 3 months ..and now wating again and this time i dont know how long to wait..pls anyone same my situation pls let me know how long u been wating after u recieved email not straightforward..thanks
Hi. You're not alone. We applied from the visa centre in Manila on 28.03.18 (biometrics and documents sent). Received the "not straight forward " email close to the 60wd point. We have escalated 2 times but apparently no effect. Asked my MP to help on 23.08.18 and he telephoned the home office same day for information. If no decision in 2 weeks he will call again. It is very stressful and frustrating. I've only seen my wife and son for 3 weeks since February this year. We have now been waiting 5 calendar months for a decision. I don't think escalating makes any difference. I'm actually starting to think that applications are just processed at random because the timelines that people are giving don't seem to have any logical pattern to them.
Anyone else submitted the same application at Manila around the same time? It would be interesting to hear about the progress and response. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.