Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Aug 22nd 2018, 4:49 am
  #91  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1
mhing is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

I fill up application for fiancee visa (Standard) on 5/1/ 2018 then send all my documents to Sheffield 13/1/2018. I have done my biometrics 25/1/2018. On day 55 we asked for status update, and they answer escalated within 15 days. We asked again said gone for consideration. then i received phone call from British embassy here and been asked, when and where did i do my biometrics? They asked if can i come and repeat it. No explanation as to why. Biometrics done again 17/5/2018. Every time we email for update we get same response, has been escalated please wait 15 days. Now on day 147 since original biometrics and day 70 since second, still no nearer getting an answer. So depressing...
mhing is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 7:40 am
  #92  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 9
fuvwe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by Shadowfair View Post
Very stressful time to wake up, watch for email
and then next day
My experience so far has been HO sends emails between 9-1 pm and if you don’t get one then chances are you are not going to for that day.

what is your experience?
that doesn’t happen all the time. I’ve had 2 replies from them at them 7pm and 9:50pm. I had no idea they worked that late
fuvwe is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 10:22 am
  #93  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 109
Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by fuvwe View Post


that doesn’t happen all the time. I’ve had 2 replies from them at them 7pm and 9:50pm. I had no idea they worked that late
where are you based at ?
was that a reply from visasheffo or UKVI contact centre

contact centre is 24 hours and visa sheffo is 9-5 monday to friday uk time
Shadowfair is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 12:30 pm
  #94  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 9
fuvwe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by Shadowfair View Post
where are you based at ?
was that a reply from visasheffo or UKVI contact centre

contact centre is 24 hours and visa sheffo is 9-5 monday to friday uk time
I’ve just checked and it was the UKVI international contact centre. I’m in Nigeria
fuvwe is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 12:53 pm
  #95  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 109
Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by fuvwe View Post

I’ve just checked and it was the UKVI international contact centre. I’m in Nigeria
that is why

I have receievd email around 2am from them but not the Sheffield office
Shadowfair is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 2:09 pm
  #96  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 10
uswaleh26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by acd214 View Post
Hi all
application 30/10/2017
biometrics 30/10/2017
application received and being prepared by ECO 7/11/2017
non-straightforward email 23/1/2018
This is a non-priority settlement spouse visa application ,today is 200 working days or 40 working weeks. I am starting to think my application must be lost destroyed or something, it's only the mercies of God that has kept me from going crazy these past 10 months

Have you called hom office personally?
uswaleh26 is offline  
Old Aug 24th 2018, 2:14 pm
  #97  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 71
chris02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by mhing View Post
I fill up application for fiancee visa (Standard) on 5/1/ 2018 then send all my documents to Sheffield 13/1/2018. I have done my biometrics 25/1/2018. On day 55 we asked for status update, and they answer escalated within 15 days. We asked again said gone for consideration. then i received phone call from British embassy here and been asked, when and where did i do my biometrics? They asked if can i come and repeat it. No explanation as to why. Biometrics done again 17/5/2018. Every time we email for update we get same response, has been escalated please wait 15 days. Now on day 147 since original biometrics and day 70 since second, still no nearer getting an answer. So depressing...
Any update to u application?cos i apply fiancee visa and today is my 59 days and i get email saying my aplication is not straightforward. so upseting
chris02 is offline  
Old Aug 24th 2018, 2:27 pm
  #98  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 109
Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by chris02 View Post

Any update to u application?cos i apply fiancee visa and today is my 59 days and i get email saying my aplication is not straightforward. so upseting

i think they are known for doing this
it is a buying time tactic

where did you apply from ?

was it priority service?

what did you relay on
Shadowfair is offline  
Old Aug 24th 2018, 10:44 pm
  #99  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 71
chris02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by Shadowfair View Post



i think they are known for doing this
it is a buying time tactic

where did you apply from ?

was it priority service?

what did you relay on
I apply in Manila Philippines..i used non priority.my application submit in person.june 05 2018..biometric same day with application submitted..june 06 all supporting documents send to seffield..july 3 we get email saying they recieved my application in seffield..june 20 we recieved back all supporting documets..then they said 60 days the wating time..yesterday Aug 24 2018 is my 59 days working days i recieved email saying my application is not straightforward...so upseting cos been wating for 3 months ..and now wating again and this time i dont know how long to wait..pls anyone same my situation pls let me know how long u been wating after u recieved email not straightforward..thanks
chris02 is offline  
Old Aug 24th 2018, 10:51 pm
  #100  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 109
Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by chris02 View Post

I apply in Manila Philippines..i used non priority.my application submit in person.june 05 2018..biometric same day with application submitted..june 06 all supporting documents send to seffield..july 3 we get email saying they recieved my application in seffield..june 20 we recieved back all supporting documets..then they said 60 days the wating time..yesterday Aug 24 2018 is my 59 days working days i recieved email saying my application is not straightforward...so upseting cos been wating for 3 months ..and now wating again and this time i dont know how long to wait..pls anyone same my situation pls let me know how long u been wating after u recieved email not straightforward..thanks

sorry to hear this and feel your pain

very stressful indeed. If it helps , it seems some people get a reply within few weeks and some dont

hope you get your reply soon
Shadowfair is offline  
Old Aug 24th 2018, 10:52 pm
  #101  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 71
chris02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by mhing View Post
I fill up application for fiancee visa (Standard) on 5/1/ 2018 then send all my documents to Sheffield 13/1/2018. I have done my biometrics 25/1/2018. On day 55 we asked for status update, and they answer escalated within 15 days. We asked again said gone for consideration. then i received phone call from British embassy here and been asked, when and where did i do my biometrics? They asked if can i come and repeat it. No explanation as to why. Biometrics done again 17/5/2018. Every time we email for update we get same response, has been escalated please wait 15 days. Now on day 147 since original biometrics and day 70 since second, still no nearer getting an answer. So depressing...
is there any update now ?
chris02 is offline  
Old Aug 24th 2018, 10:56 pm
  #102  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 71
chris02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by Shadowfair View Post



sorry to hear this and feel your pain

very stressful indeed. If it helps , it seems some people get a reply within few weeks and some dont

hope you get your reply soon
im hoping too..thnks..how about you what is u situation?did u get u visa already were u apply for?
chris02 is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2018, 2:24 am
  #103  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 109
Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

nope waiting, applied on priority /turkey( from malaysia)
Shadowfair is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2018, 2:43 am
  #104  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 71
chris02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by Shadowfair View Post
nope waiting, applied on priority /turkey( from malaysia)
how long u been wating now?
chris02 is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2018, 2:05 pm
  #105  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 9
Mo1995 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Hi guys, my wifes biometrics was done on the 27th of june but I received them email saying eco has been assigned... within 12 weeks they will give me an answer on the 3rd of August.

So does that mean I have to wait 12 weeks from the biometrics or from the day I had received that email?

And before you ask, im not sure why there is such a huge gap in between as my solictor had done everytbing for me. 😭
Mo1995 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.