Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Aug 19th 2018, 9:52 pm
  #76  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 17,445
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by Shadowfair View Post
Is there a list for high risk countries?
Not externally available as far as I'm aware, but those countries that will are on the list will be pretty obvious.
BritInParis is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2018, 9:25 pm
  #77  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 109
Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Very stressful time to wake up, watch for email
and then next day
My experience so far has been HO sends emails between 9-1 pm and if you don’t get one then chances are you are not going to for that day.

what is your experience?
Shadowfair is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2018, 10:50 pm
  #78  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 23
nur78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by Shadowfair View Post
Very stressful time to wake up, watch for email
and then next day
My experience so far has been HO sends emails between 9-1 pm and if you don’t get one then chances are you are not going to for that day.

what is your experience?
hi! I have the same problem here, i am from Malaysia. I did my application on 5thjune 2018, bio- met: 6th june 2018 (settlement +1 dependent) paid for IHS dependent on 26th june 2018.
I received an email on final stage since 27th july and until now no news! It’s a waste paid for priority service. My husband contacted MP several time for help. but the same answer’ they are making on it and they are aware of urgency!. I can see for those application from US and Canada, very quick decision has been made! Some of them not even 30 working days!
It’s really stress when you keep thinking on it! Today is 54working days! Just keep praying on it!

Last edited by nur78; Aug 20th 2018 at 10:52 pm.
nur78 is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2018, 2:15 am
  #79  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 22
TimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by nur78 View Post


hi! I have the same problem here, i am from Malaysia. I did my application on 5thjune 2018, bio- met: 6th june 2018 (settlement +1 dependent) paid for IHS dependent on 26th june 2018.
I received an email on final stage since 27th july and until now no news! It’s a waste paid for priority service. My husband contacted MP several time for help. but the same answer’ they are making on it and they are aware of urgency!. I can see for those application from US and Canada, very quick decision has been made! Some of them not even 30 working days!
It’s really stress when you keep thinking on it! Today is 54working days! Just keep praying on it!
You really have nothing to be worried about.

There's no point in comparing your situation to that of a US applicant. Applications from different countries are processed by different teams and the processing procedures vary by country. In additiion, in some countries, visas are still processed in local embassies, rather than by Sheffield. If you look at the timelines thread, you can see that the order and sequence of events, whether you get e-Mails or texts and when those arrive, whether your documents are returned early or post-decision, who you submit your passport to etc... - these are all very different depending on where you applied from.

You say also that you applied with a dependent. That again puts you in a different category of applicant, as they have more than one visa to process and they will (most likely) do additional checks. If you want to benchmark where you are compared to other applicants, you need to find someone else who applied from Malaysia around the same sort of time you did, that also has a dependent. That will give you a better idea. Benchmarking against a very straight-forward US application is not going to be of much value, and it has clearly made you worry unduly.

Escalating is a waste of money and will not help. By escalating and claiming your case is urgent, you are basically asking to jump the queue ahead of others. They are not going to let you do that unless there truly are exceptional, compassionate circumstances. Every applicant believes their situation to be urgent, and every applicant wants to hear sooner rather than later. My observation is that trigger-happy escalators tend to find themselves waiting longer than those who wait patiently, so I would not do it. I was advised not to, unless your wait time really has gone over the service standard (i.e. 70, 80, 90 days) and then only go through your MP. Though, I guess, there's no harm in contacting them asking for a status update.

That they've asked you to make an IHS payment is a universally positive sign that you are going to get your visa.

Just hang in there, you will be fine.
TimCypher is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2018, 3:56 am
  #80  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 23
nur78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by TimCypher View Post
You really have nothing to be worried about.

There's no point in comparing your situation to that of a US applicant. Applications from different countries are processed by different teams and the processing procedures vary by country. In additiion, in some countries, visas are still processed in local embassies, rather than by Sheffield. If you look at the timelines thread, you can see that the order and sequence of events, whether you get e-Mails or texts and when those arrive, whether your documents are returned early or post-decision, who you submit your passport to etc... - these are all very different depending on where you applied from.

You say also that you applied with a dependent. That again puts you in a different category of applicant, as they have more than one visa to process and they will (most likely) do additional checks. If you want to benchmark where you are compared to other applicants, you need to find someone else who applied from Malaysia around the same sort of time you did, that also has a dependent. That will give you a better idea. Benchmarking against a very straight-forward US application is not going to be of much value, and it has clearly made you worry unduly.

Escalating is a waste of money and will not help. By escalating and claiming your case is urgent, you are basically asking to jump the queue ahead of others. They are not going to let you do that unless there truly are exceptional, compassionate circumstances. Every applicant believes their situation to be urgent, and every applicant wants to hear sooner rather than later. My observation is that trigger-happy escalators tend to find themselves waiting longer than those who wait patiently, so I would not do it. I was advised not to, unless your wait time really has gone over the service standard (i.e. 70, 80, 90 days) and then only go through your MP. Though, I guess, there's no harm in contacting them asking for a status update.

That they've asked you to make an IHS payment is a universally positive sign that you are going to get your visa.

Just hang in there, you will be fine.
thanks for The info! I will keep praying on it!
nur78 is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2018, 7:28 am
  #81  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 23
nur78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Hi tim, first of all thanks for ur opinion!
What i know all the visa process start from 2018 it should be in sheffield. No more in local embassy! Maybe you are right, 2 application visa at the same time will delay the process. Some of the application from US apply for the second time got the visa within 30 working days and with dependent not more than 40 working days! It’s really stressful, when you read the timeline in expartforum, those who apply ahead of me already approved the visa! My husband contacted MP EVERY ALTENATE Day asking for help regarding our visa situation. But still the same! I think the last option we will write a complain. It’s easy to say to calm down!
just stay positive!
[/QUOTE]
nur78 is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2018, 7:29 am
  #82  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 23
nur78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

!
nur78 is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2018, 8:15 am
  #83  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 109
Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Why does escalation delays matters? Ukvi does give you an option of eacalating on priority passed 30 days without asking for a reason

i appreciate some info on this
Shadowfair is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2018, 8:29 am
  #84  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 23
nur78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by Shadowfair View Post
Why does escalation delays matters? Ukvi does give you an option of eacalating on priority passed 30 days without asking for a reason

i appreciate some info on this
unless if your uncle is one of HO, u do not need to escalate
nur78 is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2018, 8:42 am
  #85  
Forum Regular
 
Nora_'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 110
Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by nur78 View Post

unless if your uncle is one of HO, u do not need to escalate
So much negativity...
Nora_ is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2018, 4:26 pm
  #86  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 109
Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

so why have the option in first place ?
is it a pointless exercise ?

I have seen posts people receiving their decision after few days of escalating however this has not been consistent for all members

I escalated and still nothing . I suspect I get an email saying there is no timescale and wait as some have received .
I guess I could escalate it again ...
Shadowfair is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2018, 4:57 pm
  #87  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Uzma hashmi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Hi
anyone of u granted visa
Uzma hashmi is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2018, 5:02 pm
  #88  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Uzma hashmi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

I also received email saying my application is escalating to expedite the decision and its been more than a month still no response,
Also received email saying in final stages all most 2months ago
dont know wen these final stages come to an end 🙄
Uzma hashmi is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2018, 5:25 pm
  #89  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 109
Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by Uzma hashmi View Post
I also received email saying my application is escalating to expedite the decision and its been more than a month still no response,
Also received email saying in final stages all most 2months ago
dont know wen these final stages come to an end 🙄

was expediting email from HO?
Shadowfair is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 4:03 am
  #90  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Sam99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by acd214 View Post
Hi all
application 30/10/2017
biometrics 30/10/2017
application received and being prepared by ECO 7/11/2017
non-straightforward email 23/1/2018
This is a non-priority settlement spouse visa application ,today is 200 working days or 40 working weeks. I am starting to think my application must be lost destroyed or something, it's only the mercies of God that has kept me from going crazy these past 10 months
Same here When calling them after 4 months i came to know that they made decision on my application on 27 july but still havent received my docs back...result unknown...and on enquiring vfs they say still its procedsing....dont know if they lost my passport or?? But i called them again their reply is we will escalate for your passport and for sure de ision has been made...
Sam99 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.