Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Aug 15th 2018, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

That is quite strange

i have re read the letter saying they will email the refusal decison if that happens and no need to submit passport

i suppose they have refusal on their system anyways so why need the passport back?
Old Aug 15th 2018, 10:34 am
Just Joined

uswaleh26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shadowfair View Post
was that email following an escalation ?
Yes it was after an escalation but I emailed them to find out the progress. I would suggest you ask your MP to help. I did and believe it helped in getting the decision quicker.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Sam99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uswaleh26 View Post

Yes it was after an escalation but I emailed them to find out the progress. I would suggest you ask your MP to help. I did and believe it helped in getting the decision quicker.
after how long u received your passport back when i enquired last wed they say decision has been made but still not any mail regarding documents return through vfs.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
after how long u received your passport back when i enquired last wed they say decision has been made but still not any mail regarding documents return through vfs.
I didn’t receive any information regarding the decision. On 18th July I received an email that the process is in final stages. And on 8th August got a call from VFS to collect Passport.

Old Aug 15th 2018, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Sam99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uswaleh26 View Post

I didn’t receive any information regarding the decision. On 18th July I received an email that the process is in final stages. And on 8th August got a call from VFS to collect Passport.

but could you tell me decision date mentioned in pp
Old Aug 15th 2018, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
but could you tell me decision date mentioned in pp
There is no decision date on the visa or on the supporting letter. But the supporting letter is dated 3rd Aug so I believe that is when the decision was made.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

do you think the escalations helped?

I see people have escalated at the same time as me and have received replies quicker .
i escalated on 6th and other people escalated on 6th seems to have received a reply.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

do you think the escalations helped?

I see people have escalated at the same time as me and have received replies quicker .
i escalated on 6th and other people escalated on 6th seems to have received a reply.

I believe it does but not a lot. Because mainly it depends on the type of case and what category you applied under.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

think it also depends on country you are applying from

I have seen a lot of US and canadian applicant visa decided where as istanbul malasiya etc still pending ....

think they are trying to keep their processing time for us and canada down which is fine but they should be up front and don't advertise a global 30 days processing time if they think malaysia or other countries are not going to be as quick as canada or US.

i noticed on tlscontact, it was previously saying we aim to process within 30 days and in rare situations this may not be possible or a wording as such

this has now changed to much more relaxed version saying it is put in front of the queue and 30 days is not guranteed.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 2:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

think it also depends on country you are applying from
Yes, of course. The country of application makes a huge difference to the processing time, the timeline thread shows this. High fraud countries, or those requiring more in depth background checks, will always take longer. The processing times quoted are only averages, so some will be quicker (recently a forum member had his approved within about 5 days iirc), others will take much longer.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone here know hownpassport back service works?now when you apply from us for example, you hand your passport in and they send it to UK i suppose and once dealt with and approved, it is posted back using ups and you also get an email from [email protected]

however we submitted our passport and received it back same day using passport back service and had a letter which says if successful they ask for the passport to be re submitted and if rejected then send us the rejection letter

my question is, will i get decision made email first or get an email from vac( tlscontact)?

Old Aug 17th 2018, 11:27 am
Just Joined

acd214 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
application 30/10/2017
biometrics 30/10/2017
application received and being prepared by ECO 7/11/2017
non-straightforward email 23/1/2018
This is a non-priority settlement spouse visa application ,today is 200 working days or 40 working weeks. I am starting to think my application must be lost destroyed or something, it's only the mercies of God that has kept me from going crazy these past 10 months
Old Aug 17th 2018, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by acd214 View Post
Hi all
application 30/10/2017
biometrics 30/10/2017
application received and being prepared by ECO 7/11/2017
non-straightforward email 23/1/2018
This is a non-priority settlement spouse visa application ,today is 200 working days or 40 working weeks. I am starting to think my application must be lost destroyed or something, it's only the mercies of God that has kept me from going crazy these past 10 months
can you not put a complain in or take court actions ?
people please correct me if I am talking fantasy
Old Aug 19th 2018, 9:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

can you not put a complain in or take court actions ?
people please correct me if I am talking fantasy
If can complain but the Home Office is under no obligation to give you a visa. If you are applying from a high risk country or you or your sponsor has a poor immigration history then you can expect to have to wait.
Old Aug 19th 2018, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Is there a list for high risk countries?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.