Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Jul 10th 2018, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Kinhadam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Waiting for a visa decision is very unsettling and frustrating, and most of us on here have been through it. But please don't blame the ECOs - there are not enough of them and they're processing as quickly as they can. It's like a huge supermarket that doesn't employ enough staff to serve customers - the staff get yelled at but it's the people responsible for staffing numbers who should be getting yelled at!
hi
i see what you saying but our life is getting very stressful been waiting almost 6 month and i dont even know if my wife get the visa they could waist 6 month of our life for refusal
i have submitted everything they need it im hoping the best
8 months since we got married we should be having good time of our life
but hi they make it worse for us and for someone like me been paying taxes for 23 years
Old Jul 11th 2018, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Usernotfound is an unknown quantity at this point

Waiting for a visa decision is very unsettling and frustrating, and most of us on here have been through it. But please don't blame the ECOs - there are not enough of them and they're processing as quickly as they can. It's like a huge supermarket that doesn't employ enough staff to serve customers - the staff get yelled at but it's the people responsible for staffing numbers who should be getting yelled at!
just needed vent, but i don't honestly believe they are processed as quickly as they can be. Maybe i just dont realise the number of checks they do but i fail to see what checks lead to a processing time if over 170 business days in some cases
Old Jul 11th 2018, 1:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Usernotfound
just needed vent, but i don't honestly believe they are processed as quickly as they can be. Maybe i just dont realise the number of checks they do but i fail to see what checks lead to a processing time if over 170 business days in some cases
Some will be checks on which they will be relying on third parties. Other times it will just be because they have too many applications and not enough staff.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Some will be checks on which they will be relying on third parties. Other times it will just be because they have too many applications and not enough staff.

Again any contract you get into has an agreed sla they shouldn't, even for exceptions you wouldn't expect 30+ business days, in regards to understaffing - if the cost of processing an application is under 500 and the fee is 4x that for me shows that it's a choice to understaff to deter applicants
Old Jul 11th 2018, 2:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Again any contract you get into has an agreed sla they shouldn't, even for exceptions you wouldn't expect 30+ business days, in regards to understaffing - if the cost of processing an application is under 500 and the fee is 4x that for me shows that it's a choice to understaff to deter applicants
There is no contract and the government is under no obligation to process your application in a set period of time other than the targets it sets for itself.

The fees are higher than the actual cost of processing the application to cover the costs of the rest of the UK immigration system. This is the same of most other comparable countries. Australia charges AU$7200 (~ÂŁ4000) and up until recently applications were taking 12-18 months to process.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
There is no contract and the government is under no obligation to process your application in a set period of time other than the targets it sets for itself.

The fees are higher than the actual cost of processing the application to cover the costs of the rest of the UK immigration system. This is the same of most other comparable countries. Australia charges AU$7200 (~ÂŁ4000) and up until recently applications were taking 12-18 months to process.
I meant 3rd party contracts, we read often enough that immigration staff (and many other gov areas) are underfunded then you question where exactly all this money is going?
Old Jul 12th 2018, 10:52 pm

I meant 3rd party contracts, we read often enough that immigration staff (and many other gov areas) are underfunded then you question where exactly all this money is going?
To pay for the country to continue to live beyond its means.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 11:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that venting is very therapeutic, especially when you're talking to others who are in the same situation. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

All I'm saying is don't blame the workers (ECOs) - they have no more control over the processes, the immigration rules, the number of staff or the fees charged than you or I do.

When the huge backlog in processing applications happened last year, some people here were saying unbelievable things such as wishing all sorts of misfortune on the ECOs and their families, including death. I know you didn't say anything like that, it's just an example of how very understandable frustration can turn into something very nasty if it's misdirected.

Fingers crossed that you and everyone who's waited a long time receives good news soon.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

I agree that venting is very therapeutic, especially when you're talking to others who are in the same situation. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

All I'm saying is don't blame the workers (ECOs) - they have no more control over the processes, the immigration rules, the number of staff or the fees charged than you or I do.

When the huge backlog in processing applications happened last year, some people here were saying unbelievable things such as wishing all sorts of misfortune on the ECOs and their families, including death. I know you didn't say anything like that, it's just an example of how very understandable frustration can turn into something very nasty if it's misdirected.

Fingers crossed that you and everyone who's waited a long time receives good news soon.
hi mate
thats the job they chose to do
they need to care about other family's
yesterday i went to My Gp i was given anti depression tablet
beacuse this hard 6 motnhs i have been waiting and my Gp wrote a letter for me stating that now i suffer from depression and i email it to them
let see if they care about people life's
Old Jul 12th 2018, 11:49 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kinhadam
hi mate
thats the job they chose to do
they need to care about other family's
yesterday i went to My Gp i was given anti depression tablet
beacuse this hard 6 motnhs i have been waiting and my Gp wrote a letter for me stating that now i suffer from depression and i email it to them
let see if they care about people life's
You didn't read a word I said. Go ahead, blame the people doing the processing instead of those who make the rules and keep them short staffed. But you're blaming the wrong people. No more from me.
Old Jul 13th 2018, 12:02 am
Just Joined

You didn't read a word I said. Go ahead, blame the people doing the processing instead of those who make the rules and keep them short staffed. But you're blaming the wrong people. No more from me.
im not saying they are bad but they need to understand people
i tell u something
i lost my son 4 years ago
my mum she has cancer
now this
And i already put that down in the application
if they cared about people
they could helped
dont forget been waiting 6 month
Old Jul 13th 2018, 8:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kinhadam
im not saying they are bad but they need to understand people
i tell u something
i lost my son 4 years ago
my mum she has cancer
now this
And i already put that down in the application
if they cared about people
they could helped
dont forget been waiting 6 month
I'm really sorry to hear that. But as above, you can't blame the people processing your app, they are doing the best they can. If you were allowed to queue jump and/or skip background checks, then that wouldn't be fair on other applicants, or on the British people. You just have to go through the process same as everybody else unfortunately.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 13th 2018 at 8:53 am.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

uswaleh26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We applied for my husbands visa on 4th March. Biometrics and documents all done on 15th March, got a confirmation email- documents received on 26th March.

On 5th June my husband received a non straightforward email however on 6th june my employer was contacted by UKVI. Since then I have escalated the case once on 9th July. Today my husband received an email saying that the application is in the final processing stages and a decision will be made soon.
Has anyone had a similar experience or know what it means by soon.
Thanks

Last edited by uswaleh26; Jul 18th 2018 at 11:34 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2018, 5:26 am
Just Joined

Trooper86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uswaleh26
Hi,

We applied for my husbands visa on 4th March. Biometrics and documents all done on 15th March, got a confirmation email- documents received on 26th March.

On 5th June my husband received a non straightforward email however on 6th june my employer was contacted by UKVI. Since then I have escalated the case once on 9th July. Today my husband received an email saying that the application is in the final processing stages and a decision will be made soon.
Has anyone had a similar experience or know what it means by soon.
Thanks

Hi there,

i got the final stage email on Tuesday the 24th of July. Did you get a decision or still waiting?
Thanks.
Old Jul 26th 2018, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Trooper86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Enya
Hello everyone
I applied my uk spouse visa from Sri Lanka exactly a month ago. Since then haven’t get a single update from UKVI. Not even an email mentioning that they received the application or not! Does this mean something ? Do I have to contact them and check ? Please help !
Hi Enya,

did you hear back from UKVI? I applied on the 4th of June (priority) and still waiting. I got the first email on the 25th of June saying they received the online application and that it has been assigned to an ECO. Escalated last week and got a reply saying in final stages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.