Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Nov 10th 2018, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Kartoshki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by maffepage

Same problem here. I've paid for priority and at the visa centre in São Paulo they told me I'd probably get me passport back in 5 or 6 weeks. It's been 9 weeks/46 working days since biometrics, and all I got was an email on 12 October asking for a document which I had already scanned with my application in São Paulo. I scanned it and sent it back right away, and they haven't said a thing since then. So yes, I agree with you that this "missing document" claim is nothing but a stalling tactic.

When I escalated the case with the UKVI, they took 16 days to reply from Sheffield saying they cannot give a timescale for when my case will be decided, but they are continuing to work on it. No idea what the escalation serves for, since they didn't even bother to tell me if my case is non straightforward, or if they're stuck with checks, or if they're swamped... they also said they are going to make a decision "as soon as we are able to".

I understand they might be busy, but please don't offer priority services if you're not able to offer any service at all. Also don't charge for email or phone calls if they serve for nothing other than the ordinary "we will decide as soon as we can". It is frustrating, and as someone stated before, it is a daylight robbery scheme.

Good luck with your husband's application.
Thank you for this. It seems that your application is about 2 behind ours and it's interesting that you have received the same type of request. We have now been waiting for 13 weeks since the "interview", which also means that it's 13 weeks that the British Government have had my husband's passport! In terms of escalation points, the only one is your MP (or your spouse's if you are not British), who should advocate on your behalf. I also emailed the UKVI office over a month ago and have yet to receive a reply.

Please feel free to keep in touch and let me know how things are going. It's good to not feel alone in this, as the whole process is simply soul destroying and frustrating. Not added to the fact that we waited for over a year before applying to meet the draconian financial and other requisites...
Old Nov 19th 2018, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Viha21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fins7288
I submitted my application for UK settlement visa from India on 8th August 2017.
Refused my application on Sept 2017
Appealed in October 2017
Paid the court fee in Dec 2017
Hearing date on July 6th 2018
Decision overturned by the judge on 26th July 2018
Paid my IHS on 2nd October 2018
Submitted my passport on 3rd October 2018
Sheffield said to VFS Chennai that the visa has been already despatched on 26th October 2018
Still no response from VFS Chennai for collection.

May I know how long will it take still?

Any one on same boat? Can anyone assist me in this regards?
hi...have you got your visa...I'm in same trac

Hello...it is been more than 8 months now still waiting for spouse visa.now I'm very frustrate bz again my doughter having visa problem she's just 4months.havent got any reply from HO .

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 19th 2018 at 10:40 am. Reason: Posts merged - there is an 'edit' button you can use if you think of something you want to add.:-)
Old Nov 19th 2018, 10:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Viha21
hi...have you got your visa...I'm in same trac

Hello...it is been more than 8 months now still waiting for spouse visa.now I'm very frustrate bz again my doughter having visa problem she's just 4months.havent got any reply from HO .
It's worth mentioning to people that this is your second application, as your first was refused - unfortunately that does have a bearing on your processing time.

Hope you hear soon.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's worth mentioning to people that this is your second application, as your first was refused - unfortunately that does have a bearing on your processing time.

Hope you hear soon.
My passport has expired in month of Nov 18 what should I do
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 12:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

My passport has expired in month of Nov 18 what should I do
Renew it?
Old Nov 25th 2018, 6:43 am
Just Joined

Since last 9 months my passport in VISA office and now it has expired very frustrated
Old Nov 25th 2018, 7:06 am
Just Joined

NatashaR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diamond11
Thank you Natasha. All the requirements are met... I know what you mean about force marriage ... my best friend was forced into a marriage went abroad, got married, she didn’t know him at all ... but he got his visa straight away in 3 months... very limited communication. We were both hoping he wouldn’t get it... but he did. So I guess if they are taking their time it must be for reasons like this ...
I really hope I hear something soon, I’ve had surgery and not coping well physically and mentally ... hopefully we all hear something soon... I may not even be able to see my husband during my break in December as I may not have recovered by then ...
maybe I should write a email ? I feel so drained I can’t even put it in words ... I miss my husband...
Thank you for reply.
Dear Diamond11

i am so sorry you have been struggling with this, and sad to hear you had surgery. I pray you make a full recovery so that you can soon start your happy married life.

I am sickened and disgusted when visas are granted quickly to arranged marriage couples, forced marriages and human traffickers. Happens all the time and UKVI are oblivious to it all. I hope your best friend divorces that bastard and throws him out !

Listen my dear, don’t get ill and stressed over this. I know it’s been 6 months for you both. But my husband got his visa after 5.5 months. You will get it !!! If you meet the salary and housing criteria then stop worrying please.

I know it hard to keep travelling to see each other, and all you want to do is be together, live together. You will be happy soon and never look back to this painful waiting period.

My husband is finally emigrating here in 2 weeks time! We will have a quick holiday in sunny egypt to heal, repair, recharge our batteries from all the worry we suffered. And can then start our new life in London. You will do the same! You will get past this and have a great future to look forward to. Don’t dwell on now, think of what you will do when he gets over here. Start making enquiries about him opening a bank account or joining yours, job opportunities, groups/clubs/sports he can join to make new friends. Invest your time in positivity and meaningful actions. If you just stress out or cry or get depressed the universe will not easily support your dreams. The negative energy blocks it all. Believe me, i did it, and then turned things around, and the visa then suddenly came through the day after I booked our romantic holiday and accepted the situation.

Be hopeful, tell yourself the visa will be granted. Recover and get well. Video call him, stay connected, plan exciting things together for next spring / summer when the weather is good. Write it down, stick it on your fridge, and believe in it xx
Old Nov 25th 2018, 7:13 am
Just Joined

NatashaR is an unknown quantity at this point

Since last 9 months my passport in VISA office and now it has expired very frustrated
If you have a valid visa in your old passport that has expired, your visa is still valid. You can travel using both the old and the new passports. You must apply for a new passport if it has expired this month. Apply now. Or you cannot travel on the old one, even with the new visa sticker.

However, the visa can be transferred to a new passport of the same nationality. Separate application process, but there is no real urgency to do this. Just carry both passports each time you fly.
Old Nov 25th 2018, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Diamond11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NatashaR

Dear Diamond11

i am so sorry you have been struggling with this, and sad to hear you had surgery. I pray you make a full recovery so that you can soon start your happy married life.

I am sickened and disgusted when visas are granted quickly to arranged marriage couples, forced marriages and human traffickers. Happens all the time and UKVI are oblivious to it all. I hope your best friend divorces that bastard and throws him out !

Listen my dear, don’t get ill and stressed over this. I know it’s been 6 months for you both. But my husband got his visa after 5.5 months. You will get it !!! If you meet the salary and housing criteria then stop worrying please.

I know it hard to keep travelling to see each other, and all you want to do is be together, live together. You will be happy soon and never look back to this painful waiting period.

My husband is finally emigrating here in 2 weeks time! We will have a quick holiday in sunny egypt to heal, repair, recharge our batteries from all the worry we suffered. And can then start our new life in London. You will do the same! You will get past this and have a great future to look forward to. Don’t dwell on now, think of what you will do when he gets over here. Start making enquiries about him opening a bank account or joining yours, job opportunities, groups/clubs/sports he can join to make new friends. Invest your time in positivity and meaningful actions. If you just stress out or cry or get depressed the universe will not easily support your dreams. The negative energy blocks it all. Believe me, i did it, and then turned things around, and the visa then suddenly came through the day after I booked our romantic holiday and accepted the situation.

Be hopeful, tell yourself the visa will be granted. Recover and get well. Video call him, stay connected, plan exciting things together for next spring / summer when the weather is good. Write it down, stick it on your fridge, and believe in it xx
dear Natasha

thank you for the lovely message. Yesterday we found out the visa was refused under partner rules. Something along the lines of if you a non British citizen they don’t have a automatic right to come to the UK to have a private life. As I’ve been going to see him I have nothing to stop me continuing to do that no exceptional circumstances .... it also stated there’s no child to consider ... does that mean I should only do a new application when I have a baby? ( shame I had an ecoptic pregnancy - eco said that wasn’t compelling enough....)
So been 3 years and will have to wait for another 2 years and it’s still no guarantee ...
i need a compassionate barrister who will be able to be my voice...
( my friends husband left her and got remarried .... which is sad her situation is worse than mine home office allowed her husband to come ...crazy ....)
please if anyone knows a good top barrister who has made Spouse visas successful after going to Oral hearing let me know )!

natasha your a lucky star! x
Old Nov 25th 2018, 5:49 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diamond11
dear Natasha

thank you for the lovely message. Yesterday we found out the visa was refused under partner rules. Something along the lines of if you a non British citizen they don’t have a automatic right to come to the UK to have a private life. As I’ve been going to see him I have nothing to stop me continuing to do that no exceptional circumstances .... it also stated there’s no child to consider ... does that mean I should only do a new application when I have a baby? ( shame I had an ecoptic pregnancy - eco said that wasn’t compelling enough....)
So been 3 years and will have to wait for another 2 years and it’s still no guarantee ...
i need a compassionate barrister who will be able to be my voice...
( my friends husband left her and got remarried .... which is sad her situation is worse than mine home office allowed her husband to come ...crazy ....)
please if anyone knows a good top barrister who has made Spouse visas successful after going to Oral hearing let me know )!

natasha your a lucky star! x
So why was your visa refused?
Old Nov 25th 2018, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Janu72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dran

Have you heard anything from them yet?
just spoke to someone at the mp office and they said going to look into it. Biometric on 27-12-2017 still no decision.
I am also same boat, still waiting for my visa,
I applied from New Zealand 4/06/2018, I complete six months... still waiting
did you get any good news?

Regards
Janu
Old Nov 27th 2018, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NatashaR

If you have a valid visa in your old passport that has expired, your visa is still valid. You can travel using both the old and the new passports. You must apply for a new passport if it has expired this month. Apply now. Or you cannot travel on the old one, even with the new visa sticker.

However, the visa can be transferred to a new passport of the same nationality. Separate application process, but there is no real urgency to do this. Just carry both passports each time you fly.
For new passport ,passport office people asking old old passport and don't have it bz submitted to visa office.very much depressed.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

javidel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ann,

How did you application ends? I am about to apply for my wife to come to the UK and want to know some feedback.

Thanks
Old Nov 30th 2018, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

dnoreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Visa Processing Times | October/November 2018

Just wanted to post some information about my application process to help anyone out that is going through the process of getting a spousal visa. (current information for November 2018)
I applied for a Spousal Visa from the United States. I did the process myself without help from a lawyer. I also paid for the 'expedited service' which cost $793 USD.

Started the Process and filled out all of the information online: October 2nd (This is where I scheduled my Biometrics Appointment as well)
Completed biometrics: October 9th
Sent all of my docs off using an overnight mail option: October 16th
The package was marked delivered by DHS: October 18th (that was to New York before being forwarded on to Sheffield)
Received an email stating "Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer" (my packet was now in Sheffield, UK) October 31st
Visa Decision has been made email: November 28th.
Actual Passport with the Visa stamp in it arrived at my house on November 30th.

So the expedited service took almost 30 days from the time my packet was received by the Sheffield Office. Total processing time from the day I mailed my documents off to the time I received my passport with the stamp in it was 45 days. Once again, this is with the expedited shipping option paid for. Processing times for non-expedited visas might be taking longer, but I'm not sure how much longer.

One suggestion, Use a Table of Contents to make it really easy for the person reviewing your materials. I think that was appreciated, I didn't recieve the Table of Contents back when they sent all of my documents back to me, so it must have been utilized. There is a template in Microsoft Word for Table of Contents. That is what I used.
Also, don't put any paperclips or anything on the documents. It helps them move through your application faster. It seems kind of messy, but if that's the way they want to receive it, I'm not going to argue with that.
I hope this helps some people gain a little bit more insight into the black box process of your visa application.
Old Dec 1st 2018, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Wa8ing is an unknown quantity at this point

It has been 145 working days since biometrics, I have escalated numerous times and involved mp but still no decision. This is my first application and on my end everything seems straightforward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.