Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Nov 3rd 2018, 10:08 am
Just Joined

KJ.Miami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Hello,
Please, anyone can provide an info.?
A Filipino citizen with a British Fiancée applied settlement UK visa.
Applied Manila VFS- oct 2, 2018
Biometrics- oct 2, 2018
Docs received in Sheffield- oct 5, 2018.

Everyting we did was PRIORITY, but reading this forum looks like priority is useless.
Has anyone applied for priority? How long does it took you to receive a visa?
What is NON STRAIGHTFORWARD email?
What is ESCALATED?
We’re so frustrated and confuse, because we expected a month to wait. Our solicitor from London told us that it will only take a month for priority. I and my Fiancée are away from each other for 3 months now, I know there are couple who suffered more than we did, but it’s really painful and frustrating especially I can’t work because our time difference is awful. We can’t able to talk if I apply for a job here in Philippines. It’s more painful for me that I’m not working, loads of time in missing him so much
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 10:46 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ.Miami
Hello,
Please, anyone can provide an info.?
A Filipino citizen with a British Fiancée applied settlement UK visa.
Applied Manila VFS- oct 2, 2018
Biometrics- oct 2, 2018
Docs received in Sheffield- oct 5, 2018.

Everyting we did was PRIORITY, but reading this forum looks like priority is useless.
Has anyone applied for priority? How long does it took you to receive a visa?
What is NON STRAIGHTFORWARD email?
What is ESCALATED?
We’re so frustrated and confuse, because we expected a month to wait. Our solicitor from London told us that it will only take a month for priority. I and my Fiancée are away from each other for 3 months now, I know there are couple who suffered more than we did, but it’s really painful and frustrating especially I can’t work because our time difference is awful. We can’t able to talk if I apply for a job here in Philippines. It’s more painful for me that I’m not working, loads of time in missing him so much
As Christmasoompa replied to you on another thread, your solicitor is incorrect. Please find attached visa processing times from the Philippines https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement
It's way too early for you to feel pained, frustrated or confused
Old Nov 7th 2018, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

maffepage is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kartoshki
Hello!
My husband applied for his spouse visa on 7th August 2018 and had an interview in Sao Paulo on 10th August, during which they scanned all 487 pages of our documents and application form to be sent to Sheffield. On 4th October my solicitor received a message from the Home Office claiming that they had not received any supporting documents at all, so he posted the same 487 pages that they had previous seen and scanned. On 19th October they contacted him again to say that they were missing appendix 2 of the documents (which they had now had twice), so he sent this to them again. Since then nothing and no decision. I am wondering if these claims of missing documents are some kind of stalling tactic?
It is now 12 weeks since the date of the interview and over 14 months since we have been living apart, due to these draconian laws. Does anyone else have similar delay issues from Sao Paulo? The UK Gov "Visa Processing" time for Brazil states 30 days to process these visas; a target which they have obviously already missed.
Same problem here. I've paid for priority and at the visa centre in São Paulo they told me I'd probably get me passport back in 5 or 6 weeks. It's been 9 weeks/46 working days since biometrics, and all I got was an email on 12 October asking for a document which I had already scanned with my application in São Paulo. I scanned it and sent it back right away, and they haven't said a thing since then. So yes, I agree with you that this "missing document" claim is nothing but a stalling tactic.

When I escalated the case with the UKVI, they took 16 days to reply from Sheffield saying they cannot give a timescale for when my case will be decided, but they are continuing to work on it. No idea what the escalation serves for, since they didn't even bother to tell me if my case is non straightforward, or if they're stuck with checks, or if they're swamped... they also said they are going to make a decision "as soon as we are able to".

I understand they might be busy, but please don't offer priority services if you're not able to offer any service at all. Also don't charge for email or phone calls if they serve for nothing other than the ordinary "we will decide as soon as we can". It is frustrating, and as someone stated before, it is a daylight robbery scheme.

Good luck with your husband's application.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Jauk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matti1107
Ok, I can see from your past posts that you applied from Jamaica. Anyone else from Jamaica waited that long ?
My husband applies for his spouse visa 1.6.18 got the non straight forward email in August our case has been escalated 8 times my local MP has made 2 complaints on our behalf our case was accepted on compassionate grounds on the 20.9.18 and was classified as EXTREMELY URGENT On the 17.10.18 we've now been waiting 114 working days and since the 20. 9.18 we get the same response every time we call, its still awaiting a decision. Its absolutely disgusting no support zero no information on the process, no point having service standards if they aren't going to adhere to them
Old Nov 8th 2018, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

dab3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jauk
My husband applies for his spouse visa 1.6.18 got the non straight forward email in August our case has been escalated 8 times my local MP has made 2 complaints on our behalf our case was accepted on compassionate grounds on the 20.9.18 and was classified as EXTREMELY URGENT On the 17.10.18 we've now been waiting 114 working days and since the 20. 9.18 we get the same response every time we call, its still awaiting a decision. Its absolutely disgusting no support zero no information on the process, no point having service standards if they aren't going to adhere to them
Apparently there are no service standards, just expected timelines and depending on your application processing can take much longer than these expected timelines. We are now on business day 196, have escalated more times than we can remember, MP has contacted Home Office twice and all we get each time is that they cannot give us a timeline.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Diamond11 is an unknown quantity at this point

It’s been 24 weeks and waiting for a decision from the home office - spouse visa husband is in India .... can it take up to 9 months for a decision ? ....
Old Nov 8th 2018, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Nab786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diamond11
It’s been 24 weeks and waiting for a decision from the home office - spouse visa husband is in India .... can it take up to 9 months for a decision ? ....

what is your timeline?
Old Nov 8th 2018, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Nab786;12590540]

what is your timeline?
Applied -24th May 2018

Old Nov 9th 2018, 4:19 am
Just Joined

dab3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diamond11
It is possible. Search the forum and you'll see a few decisions made at the 10-12 month mark.
Old Nov 9th 2018, 6:36 am
Just Joined

NatashaR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnnF
Hi there!

I would like to know if any of you that applied for spouse visa (non priority) in 2018 have received a delay email from Sheffield?

I appreciate any answer.
Thanks !
My husband applied for a spouse visa on 14/05/2018 and paid priority service. Documents received 22/05/2018 and acknowledged same day.

28/06/2018 received email asking for an original MSc certificate, sent same day. Paid for escalation emails four times in July, August, September and October. Received two “not straightforward” generic useless replies, one “we are working on it and be patient” reply, and the last one was. “We are waiting for your MSc certificate” !!! OMG after 4 months of sending it and escalating we then find out they don’t have it.

Advice: if you don’t get an automated email back from their “documents-only sending” email address then worry! They changed this email address and explains why our first submission wasn’t received. Furious!

Once document reached them mid-October, we heard nothing so I paid for escalation again! Two days after this my husband got his visa (07/11/2018). Celebration time!!!!

5.5 months of waiting in total. Wasted 30-day priority service money. Do NOT spend for priority, especially if your husband is coming from Egypt, as Cairo central agencies/Amnid Dowla/Police records never reply on time to UKVI.

Also do not apply early summer as nothing will be done July, August and September months, as they are too busy stamping student visas. The whole experience has been awful, stressful and expensive. Separating 2 people that love each other and all the money wasted on me travelling to him for holidays in the interim. But we are now happy bunnies :-)
Old Nov 9th 2018, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

It’s been 6 months for me waiting, I contacted the UK visa no decision has been made. ( paid 17 pounds for a 3 min call) My solicitor told me to go to the MP.
MP’s caseworker will contact the UK visa Home office and find out why there is a delay ...
If they take longer does that mean it’s likely to be granted? ( silly question just looking for hope I guess) it would be heart breaking if after all the wait it’s a no ... good luck to all hope it doesn’t take long ... I have to learn to be patient ... xxx

please share when you receive a decision... thank you.
Old Nov 9th 2018, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NatashaR

My husband applied for a spouse visa on 14/05/2018 and paid priority service. Documents received 22/05/2018 and acknowledged same day.

28/06/2018 received email asking for an original MSc certificate, sent same day. Paid for escalation emails four times in July, August, September and October. Received two “not straightforward” generic useless replies, one “we are working on it and be patient” reply, and the last one was. “We are waiting for your MSc certificate” !!! OMG after 4 months of sending it and escalating we then find out they don’t have it.

Advice: if you don’t get an automated email back from their “documents-only sending” email address then worry! They changed this email address and explains why our first submission wasn’t received. Furious!

Once document reached them mid-October, we heard nothing so I paid for escalation again! Two days after this my husband got his visa (07/11/2018). Celebration time!!!!

5.5 months of waiting in total. Wasted 30-day priority service money. Do NOT spend for priority, especially if your husband is coming from Egypt, as Cairo central agencies/Amnid Dowla/Police records never reply on time to UKVI.

Also do not apply early summer as nothing will be done July, August and September months, as they are too busy stamping student visas. The whole experience has been awful, stressful and expensive. Separating 2 people that love each other and all the money wasted on me travelling to him for holidays in the interim. But we are now happy bunnies :-)
congratulations!
Is there a harm if we call the uk visa office once a week ... I’m trying to stay patient...but can’t help it ... xx
Old Nov 10th 2018, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Yes, I know 2 Indian spouses that took 10.5 and 11 months, one accepted and one rejected. The problem with India and Pakistan is the large proportion you have of arranged/forced marriages and I assume the UKVI is weary of this and require extra checks.

What evidence did you send in to prove you married your husband for love and that you knew him for a reasonable period of time? In my folder of evidence I provided proof of photos spanning 2 years of our engagement, copies of plane tickets, hotel stays, concerts / trips together, and most importantly all our Viber/WA/Messenger texts and phone calls - particularly when we are declaring our love to each other or missing one another. I made sure nothing and no one can dispute that my relationship is genuine - after all I found my soul mate and true love - so was determined to get that recognised by people governing whether I’m allowed to live with him or not! Good luck and best wishes to you both.
Old Nov 10th 2018, 6:15 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Diamond11;12590922]

Hi Diamond11, there is no harm in calling every week, and no harm in paying for escalation service every 3 weeks (based on their 15-working day response time).

Keep patient, this period is the worst time for anyone but just log your enquiry and get on with your normal life / routine. Close to the 3-weeks then check emails again and see what their reply is. If they respond with the ridiculous “not straightforward” crap, then same day log the next escalation service by email/phone. Keep the cycle going, so somebody has to pull your file at least to respond.

I feel the problem with UKVI are the huge backlogs they cannot efficiently get through, completely disorganised and unreliable! I don’t think for most of us it’s due to any issues with the application itself. The only things they are looking for is : (1) can the European spouse financially afford to bring them to UK (2) does the European spouse have a fixed and secure accommodation and (3) can the foreign spouse speak an acceptable level of English. That’s the main 3 factors they care about. Everything else is needed, but secondary to these points.

If you feel your application was complete at the time of submission then take comfort that it’s just a matter of time and you will get it :-)
Old Nov 10th 2018, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Thank you Natasha. All the requirements are met... I know what you mean about force marriage ... my best friend was forced into a marriage went abroad, got married, she didn’t know him at all ... but he got his visa straight away in 3 months... very limited communication. We were both hoping he wouldn’t get it... but he did. So I guess if they are taking their time it must be for reasons like this ...
I really hope I hear something soon, I’ve had surgery and not coping well physically and mentally ... hopefully we all hear something soon... I may not even be able to see my husband during my break in December as I may not have recovered by then ...
maybe I should write a email ? I feel so drained I can’t even put it in words ... I miss my husband...
Thank you for reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.