Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Oct 9th 2018, 7:49 pm
jxm
Just Joined

jxm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Something the Home Office could do is manage expectations better. If you say 30 business days and it takes six months then people will get aerated. If you say ‘six to twelve months depending on circumstances’ and you get it in five then the praise will fulsome.
Thanks Mr BritinParis . I completely agree with you.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

acd214 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by az2014
Highly doubt it, just look at their level of English.

People love to moan about having to wait 6 months, but if you were applying for a spouse visa for the US you would be looking at a 12 month wait.

So count yourself lucky if you only wait 6 months. Its not a matter of life or death. The sponsor can still visit the applicant while waiting for a decision. All this 'omg the wait is killing me omg I havent seen my spouse in xxx time' is such an overreaction. Get a grip and some perspective.
been able to string a few sentences together does not mean you are intelligent , you sound more like <snip>. To compare the US system with the UK is foolish, the US charges less than the UK and they charge you in stages so if you fail the first stage there is no more money to pay. The UK charges all the money up front which is more painful for aplicants. So to compare the two is farcical to be nice or just plain dumb

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 10th 2018 at 6:32 am. Reason: Please re-read Site Rule 1.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 8:47 pm
jxm
Just Joined

ACD214- I agree with you
Old Oct 9th 2018, 8:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The UK charges you at least three times before you can gain Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 6:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acd214
been able to string a few sentences together does not mean you are intelligent , you sound more like <snip>l. To compare the US system with the UK is foolish, the US charges less than the UK and they charge you in stages so if you fail the first stage there is no more money to pay. The UK charges all the money up front which is more painful for aplicants. So to compare the two is farcical to be nice or just plain dumb
Canada charges everything up front and it also takes a year (or more if from a high fraud country, possibly a long as two years) to get a spousal visa from there. Even with delays the U.K. genuinely is far quicker than most countries, which is the point az2014 was (rather bluntly) trying to make.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Canada charges everything up front and it also takes a year (or more if from a high fraud country, possibly a long as two years) to get a spousal visa from there. Even with delays the U.K. genuinely is far quicker than most countries, which is the point az2014 was (rather bluntly) trying to make.
this is my last post on here, I spoke about bias on here before and I have been proven to be right.someone disrespected a lot of people by saying there level of education is poor and those statements were allowed to stand. I found that offensive so I wrote that the person is an educated <snip> and my statement was stripped out.And it cost approximately 1200 Canadian dollars to sponsor a spouse or family member that is about £700 and it is also a 150 Canadian dollars per child, stop distorting the facts Britain is just more expensive period

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 10th 2018 at 12:38 pm. Reason: Insult removed. Again!
Old Oct 10th 2018, 10:12 am
Just Joined

this is my last post on here, I spoke about bias on here before and I have been proven to be right.someone disrespected a lot of people by saying there level of education is poor and those statements were allowed to stand. I found that offensive so I wrote that the person is an educated <snip> and my statement was stripped out.And it cost approximately 1200 Canadian dollars to sponsor a spouse or family member that is about £700 and it is also a 150 Canadian dollars per child, stop distorting the facts Britain is just more expensive period
So if you charge approximately 1000 us dollars more than most countries you at least have an obligation to be quicker

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 10th 2018 at 12:37 pm. Reason: Name calling removed
Old Oct 10th 2018, 10:51 am
Just Joined

IreneAnk is an unknown quantity at this point

It's rather unfortunate acd214..... I was in shock when I read what was said about peoples level of education. Very rude indeed.
Please try to be a little sensitive when responding to issues. This has everything to do with families. Not just husbands and wives but also children and parents. It gets a little frustrating. The same points can be made but in a subtle way.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 10th 2018 at 12:37 pm. Reason: Insult removed from quote
Old Oct 10th 2018, 11:02 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

So if you charge approximately 1000 us dollars more than most countries you at least have an obligation to be quicker
They have no obligation to you whatsoever. Emigrating to a country other than your own is a privilege, not a right. No-one is forcing you to move to the UK so drop the sense of entitlement.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 12:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

someone disrespected a lot of people by saying there level of education is poor
No, they didn't. Re-read the post, education wasn't even mentioned. BiP simply asked if the person had been born in the UK (which still hasn't been answered and is rather relevant), and their English language ability was commented on, not their education. Surely you can see that questioning whether or not somebody is a native English speaker, and calling them a name, are completely different? Again, I reiterate - site rule 1 asks that you don't resort to insults or name calling please. Put your point across without doing so or getting personal.

tAnd it cost approximately 1200 Canadian dollars to sponsor a spouse or family member that is about £700 and it is also a 150 Canadian dollars per child, stop distorting the facts Britain is just more expensive period
I never said it wasn't! It is quicker though.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 10th 2018 at 12:39 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 12:40 pm
jxm
Just Joined

I never compared two different systems or countries. I was talking about delays and HO not giving any time frame. I don't know why az2014 started comparing the UK system with the USA system. If he wants to compare the systems or countries he can start a new thread.
Every country have their own rules and regulations and as far as I know and also what I have experienced is that USA makes decision within their time frame. I don't care how long they take as long as they can give us some time frame or a reason for such a long delay. So at least we know HO hasn't forgotten about us.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 12:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by jxm
I was talking about delays and HO not giving any time frame.
Every country have their own rules and regulations and as far as I know and also what I have experienced is that USA makes decision within their time frame. I don't care how long they take as long as they can give us some time frame or a reason for such a long delay. So at least we know HO hasn't forgotten about us.
And yet you still haven't answered BiP's question. You might find that if you do, he will be able to give you a better idea of timescales.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
They have no obligation to you whatsoever. Emigrating to a country other than your own is a privilege, not a right. No-one is forcing you to move to the UK so drop the sense of entitlement.
when you pay thousands of pounds for a
"DECISION" you are entitled to one and in a timely fashion as well Approval or Refusal.So next time you pay for something I hope you don't get it because you are not entitled to it
Old Oct 10th 2018, 8:10 pm

when you pay thousands of pounds for a
"DECISION" you are entitled to one and in a timely fashion as well Approval or Refusal.So next time you pay for something I hope you don't get it because you are not entitled to it
I thought you weren’t posting anymore?
Old Oct 10th 2018, 8:58 pm
jxm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

And yet you still haven't answered BiP's question. You might find that if you do, he will be able to give you a better idea of timescales.
Lol !! HO is not ready to give any timescale and you think BritinParis will give me better idea? I agree he has knowledge of how HO works and how they deal with applications. Hmmmmm I think BritinParis is either a solicitor or he works for HO ) … Please Sir can you escalate my application?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.