Spouse visa delays 2018?

Old Sep 23rd 2018, 7:34 am
Just Joined

VeeND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa delays 2018?

Originally Posted by karenmonaghan
This may or may not be useful but this site helped with my stress levels last year when my husband was applying for a spousal visa so I wanted to try to pay it back. He had huge difficulty in getting any information about his application; he received conflicting information about what was going on with his application and received several emails saying that his application was delayed as his situation was complicated. His/our situation was not at all complicated - I am a UK citizen, we have been married for 17 years (so unless he's playing a very long game, I don't think he married me to get into the uk), we have no children and we more than meet the financial criterion. My husband started his application in February 2017 and received his visa in October 2017. I think the problem is that the Home Office was swamped with applications after the Brexit vote and just can't cope with the volume. I hope that you hear something soon.

Thanks for this piece. It helps calm me. Been waiting for 6 months. I hope something positive happend very soon.
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Viha21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matti1107
Hi. Why was your first application refused and what country are you applying from?
Hi...My first application was refused due to IELTS Certificate NOT SUBMITTED. Instead of Life Skill A1 was submitted ACADEMIC IELTS Certificate but I got reply that I have not submitted IELTS Certificate. I have applied my application from INDIA. I'm very stressful now .Recently I'm blessed with baby .my husband is very panic now😔

Originally Posted by Viha21
Hi...My first application was refused due to IELTS Certificate NOT SUBMITTED. Instead of Life Skill A1 was submitted ACADEMIC IELTS Certificate but I got reply that I have not submitted IELTS Certificate. I have applied my application from INDIA. I'm very stressful now .Recently I'm blessed with baby .my husband is very panic now😔
Even we mail to HO but I haven't got any reply .I really don't understand why they behaving unprofessional.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 24th 2018 at 7:57 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Matti1107 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, that sounds really tough. I don't understand why you couldn't just take another English test! Did you have to start all over again with your application? And the same fee?
Old Sep 24th 2018, 12:54 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot use an Academic IELTS test to meet the English language requirement. You’ll need to take the appropriate test and reapply.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Viha21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You cannot use an Academic IELTS test to meet the English language requirement. You’ll need to take the appropriate test and reapply.
In my Second application I have submitted LIFE SKILL A1 certificate...Still no news .it is been more than six months now.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 11:14 pm
jxm
Just Joined

jxm is an unknown quantity at this point

In my Second application I have submitted LIFE SKILL A1 certificate...Still no news .it is been more than six months now.
Hi All,

My husband applied for spouse Visa in March 2018 and biometrics was done on 27th MArch 2018
We then got an email saying that the application process is not straight forward Mid of June and then two weeks later we got an email inviting us for telephone interview on 03rd July 2018. Since then we didnt hear from Sheffield. Everytime we tried to contact customer service they said its awaiting decision and we have escalated twice on the phone and once via email. Also we never got our documents back . and it has been 6 months .Not sure why the home office is taking such long time and not informing as to why there is a delay. it is very frustrating. has anybody else been waiting for so long and has anyone got visa after such a long wait.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 1:05 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jxm
Hi All,

My husband applied for spouse Visa in March 2018 and biometrics was done on 27th MArch 2018
We then got an email saying that the application process is not straight forward Mid of June and then two weeks later we got an email inviting us for telephone interview on 03rd July 2018. Since then we didnt hear from Sheffield. Everytime we tried to contact customer service they said its awaiting decision and we have escalated twice on the phone and once via email. Also we never got our documents back . and it has been 6 months .Not sure why the home office is taking such long time and not informing as to why there is a delay. it is very frustrating. has anybody else been waiting for so long and has anyone got visa after such a long wait.
You are not alone. Check the timeline thread for others with a similar wait.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Enya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trooper86
Hi Enya,

did you hear back from UKVI? I applied on the 4th of June (priority) and still waiting. I got the first email on the 25th of June saying they received the online application and that it has been assigned to an ECO. Escalated last week and got a reply saying in final stages.
Hi, No I haven’t got any update except “awaiting decision”. Got non straightforward email in August . Today marks the day 83 .😟 Hope you got yours by now
Old Oct 1st 2018, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Grasya is an unknown quantity at this point

same boat here.... 125 working days and counting since biometrics done on april 10.... still waiting.... frustrated and exhausted....
Old Oct 1st 2018, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

125 days is absurd ! Do you mean working days? Here I am thinking that they will make a decision before 90th day!! Guess I have to wait longer then ! Did you have any correspondence with them ?
Old Oct 1st 2018, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Enya
125 days is absurd ! Do you mean working days? Here I am thinking that they will make a decision before 90th day!! Guess I have to wait longer then ! Did you have any correspondence with them ?
yes its really 125 WORKING DAYS or 6 calendar months. weve called HO almost every week yet they say its on the process... ive emailed twice and it says will be escalated... we ask an MP for help stil we got generic reply WAIT WAIT AND WAIT.... YOUR PATIENCE IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED... but honestly its nerve breaking waiting in thin air.... now knowing when and no one can give definite answer.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

I sent you a personal message . Please check .
Old Oct 1st 2018, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

personal message is restricted.... sorry cant read it... i guess theres nothing we can do except wait... hopefully we will get the decision sooner.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Yes that’s all we can do I guess . Did you apply from CMB ? Is that normal for people who apply from Colombo? Can they even keep the passport more than 6 months ? I’m sorry I have lots of questions .
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 1:22 am
Just Joined

acd214 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a response from my MP today saying "I received an update from the UKVI that your application is in active progress and you will be contacted once a decision is made or an update is available but I can assure you that it is progressing.". I really don't understand that letter because how can my application be in active progress when I have been waiting for 233 working days,my application and biometrics were done on the 30th of October 2017

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.