Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Spouse visa checklist asks for 12 months payslips instead of 6

Spouse visa checklist asks for 12 months payslips instead of 6

Old Mar 25th 2022, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Olay90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa checklist asks for 12 months payslips instead of 6

Originally Posted by Helpplease
Hi, I have recently submitted the application, in terms of pay my pay changed as well and my employer did not write the old pay on employment letter they only wrote the new pay. I made a chart on it i included my weekly pay. So my pay was made clear each week then i put the total at the bottom. You add up the total that you earned in 26 weeks as its a zero hour contract divide it by 6 and times by 12 and thats how much you have made annually.

hope that helps, iv submitted my application with the help of saniagogirl, just need to upload documents before biometric.
Hi,

Thank you for input. I do understand all these, just a thinking because I am contracted for 36 hours a week, it may appear that I'm salaried as opposed to non-salaried.
Also in the case of pay increase, what should be the response be to the question of "how long has the employee been earning the amount relied upon?" Would it be the 6 months?
Old Mar 25th 2022, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Helpplease is an unknown quantity at this point

Where does it ask that question?
Old Mar 26th 2022, 6:36 am
Just Joined

Where does it ask that question?
Appendix fm-se and a portion of it says:
  1. (b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
    1. (i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
    2. (ii) the length of their employment;
    3. (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
    4. (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
Old Mar 26th 2022, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Helpplease is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Olay90
Appendix fm-se and a portion of it says:
  1. (b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
    1. (i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
    2. (ii) the length of their employment;
    3. (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
    4. (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
i just got them to give me an employment letter, and in my cover letter wrote i requested them to explain my pay in depth but they refused x
Old Mar 26th 2022, 7:36 am
Just Joined

i just got them to give me an employment letter, and in my cover letter wrote i requested them to explain my pay in depth but they refused x
Hopefully Sandiegogirl and some experts here can give us some advice in that regard
Old Mar 26th 2022, 8:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If you've got that in writing then you can include it in your app to show you asked them to do that and they refused. And include other proof of those things i.e. your employment contract.
Old Mar 26th 2022, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Hi Christmasoompa,
So it doesn't matter if I had a pay increase in the last 6 months? Should my employer only include the new pay so long as my accumulated income is over £9300?

Is that correct? Thanks
Old Mar 26th 2022, 5:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olay90
Hi Christmasoompa,
So it doesn't matter if I had a pay increase in the last 6 months? Should my employer only include the new pay so long as my accumulated income is over £9300?

Is that correct? Thanks
Sorry, I've no idea on that - I was just responding to 'Helpplease' whose employer had refused to give all the required details in their letter.