Spouse visa -can I specify ideal move date?

Old Jun 12th 2019, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

pollybegoode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa -can I specify ideal move date?

Hello, we have made the decision that we want to apply for a spouse visa for my husband, child and I to move back to England.
We are going down the savings route and have had the savings in our bank account for six months at the end of July 2019. We Would like to apply at that point and won’t want to be moving until April 2020. Are we able to specify our ideal moving date on the visa application? Or is it that we apply and then move as soon as they give clearance on the visa even if that happens before April 2020?
Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 12th 2019, 4:14 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa -can I specify ideal move date?

Originally Posted by pollybegoode
Hello, we have made the decision that we want to apply for a spouse visa for my husband, child and I to move back to England.
We are going down the savings route and have had the savings in our bank account for six months at the end of July 2019. We Would like to apply at that point and won’t want to be moving until April 2020. Are we able to specify our ideal moving date on the visa application? Or is it that we apply and then move as soon as they give clearance on the visa even if that happens before April 2020?
Thanks in advance!
You can specify a date, but not further than 6 months beyond your date of application. The entry visa will be issued (assuming the application is approved) on the date specified or the date the approval comes though whichever is later, and will be usable for 30 days after that.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

pollybegoode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa -can I specify ideal move date?

Thank you! So if I apply 6 months ahead then there won’t be need for the priority service I’m presuming?

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You can specify a date, but not further than 6 months beyond your date of application. The entry visa will be issued (assuming the application is approved) on the date specified or the date the approval comes though whichever is later, and will be usable for 30 days after that.