Spouse visa Biometric requirements

Old Jan 5th 2019, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Woodyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa Biometric requirements

I'm about to submit my online Application from UK, but have a few concerns, if anyone can advise.

Does my spouse (in Thailand) need to take any supporting documents to her Bio appointment? I thought I submit them to Sheffield from here in UK - I have them all with me here. I am worried there won't be time to send docs back and forth from UK to her home country.

Also she has her current passport, but previous passport is here with me in the UK. Is that a problem?

Does she need to send anything to me after her biometrics appointment? Can it be scanned and emailed?

Last edited by Woodyd; Jan 5th 2019 at 4:16 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Spouse visa Biometric requirements

Originally Posted by Woodyd
I'm about to submit my online Application from UK, but have a few concerns, if anyone can advise.

Does my spouse (in Thailand) need to take any supporting documents to her Bio appointment? I thought I submit them to Sheffield from here in UK - I have them all with me here. I am worried there won't be time to send docs back and forth from UK to her home country.

Also she has her current passport, but previous passport is here with me in the UK. Is that a problem?

Does she need to send anything to me after her biometrics appointment? Can it be scanned and emailed?
My hubby took the biometric letter and his passport to the appointment.
The appointment letter was stamped and dated initaled
That stamped biometric letter then went to the NY scanning center with his passport and supporting docs ( we also included the priority visa reciept ) and return receipt for UPS
Not sure if the above applies to your wife since her application is from Thailand.
It’s fine to scan the biometric letter to you as we sent ours to a third party who was submitting the supporting docs
Good luck
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:09 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa Biometric requirements

Originally Posted by Woodyd

Hi Woody. As the application process can vary from country to country, it's always best to use the relevant official website for info. Here's the link to VFS Global in Thailand, which tells you (among other info) what you need to bring to your biometric appointment https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/th/en/how-to-apply