Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Old Jan 24th 2018, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

MaddiGibbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Amazing list, thank you.

My husband and I (UK and US citizens respectively) have a son, too, but we only have his US birth certificate... Should we register his birth with the UK authorities, too, or do you think his UK passport will suffice?

Thanks!
Old Jan 24th 2018, 12:41 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaddiGibbs
Amazing list, thank you.

My husband and I (UK and US citizens respectively) have a son, too, but we only have his US birth certificate... Should we register his birth with the UK authorities, too, or do you think his UK passport will suffice?

Thanks!
It's worth doing to future-proof evidence of his British citizenship but it's not necessary for a spouse visa application if he holds a valid British passport.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Mtcj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm a Filipina and I have a child who is a British citizen. I would like to apply for family visa but as a parent not as a spouse, does anyone here tried to do this? Thank you.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 1:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mtcj
Hi, I'm a Filipina and I have a child who is a British citizen. I would like to apply for family visa but as a parent not as a spouse, does anyone here tried to do this? Thank you.
Hi, where is your child? This recent thread may be of use - http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...-child-911057/

You'd be better off starting your own thread with your question, rather than tagging it on to the end of an old thread about spouse visas, so for future ref please do ask any questions in your own threads, thanks.
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 7:48 am
Just Joined

teamsampson08 is an unknown quantity at this point

hellow everyone thanks forall the information you given here its help a lot.

I am frtom cebu city and my husband currently at uk now ,we just got married last feb.08,2018 and i try to apply also a visa before which is tourist visa and sad to say its DECLINE but its not the end now were planning to apply for a spouse visa.

I saw about the TB and the IELTS exam, TB must be in manila as what i read in forum, but im not sure where i can get the IELTS exam here in CEBU CITY and the accredited school for visa processing .anyone can give me an idea and how much is the cost of that.

THANK YOU BEST WISHES ALL.
Old May 3rd 2018, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Devon A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britishfilipino
Hi,

I asked my sponsor regarding the payslips, but he said he cannot produce the payslip for this month because it will arrive in the end of the month and he can't access it as we will be going together in the Philippines.
Hi, how soon did you apply for the spouse visa after leaving the UK? Did you get it? Thanks!
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:14 am
Just Joined

maria0991 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marty90
You're welcome. I know how hard it can be to do all this.

Make sure you double check all your documents and then check them again. Use my list of requirements as a guide, but you can add or remove some of the relationship and accommodation evidence to suit your situation.

From my experience in checking forums and other people's experiences, one of the most common reasons for refusal is the genuine relationship requirment. In your cover letter, make sure you state that you intend to live together and what your future plans are. Will you buy a new house? Get a job? Show the ECO that you have made definite plans to form a life together in the U.K. Lots of people miss this out and rely on just their marriage certificate and a few photos, which is not enough in most cases. Also - lots of communication evidence from Facebook, Skype etc. A couple of pieces for each month and this will show that you guys talk regularly and regularly display affection that they expect to see in a genuine relationship.

The key to getting it approved is to not miss anything. It's as simple (or as difficult!) as that.
I just wondering what this cover letter means? I am applying for a spouse visa and looking for a useful information about this and this to your post
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maria0991
I just wondering what this cover letter means?
It doesn't mean anything, just a normal cover letter, you'll need to tailor it to your own application.

HTH, good luck.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Karisa
Hello, Marty.
Your post will be very helpful as I'm currently preparing my spouse visa application.
I just have a clarification. You mentioned the submission of the ff:
> Application form - this was the one printed on the online application right?
> Appendix 2, - is this a form to be filled out? Cause when i downloaded i saw it was just financial requirements.
Also, your wife took the A1 test right? How long till she got the results.
Lastly, what category is the spouse visa in the online application? Is it a settlement-wife
Thanks in advance!😊😊
Hello.. Can i ask what category you put for spouse visa in the online application ?
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It doesn't mean anything, just a normal cover letter, you'll need to tailor it to your own application.

HTH, good luck.
Hello to you.. Is it a letter or what.. Or is it in the online application??
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by teamsampson08
hellow everyone thanks forall the information you given here its help a lot.

I am frtom cebu city and my husband currently at uk now ,we just got married last feb.08,2018 and i try to apply also a visa before which is tourist visa and sad to say its DECLINE but its not the end now were planning to apply for a spouse visa.

I saw about the TB and the IELTS exam, TB must be in manila as what i read in forum, but im not sure where i can get the IELTS exam here in CEBU CITY and the accredited school for visa processing .anyone can give me an idea and how much is the cost of that.

THANK YOU BEST WISHES ALL.
Hello.. You can see the address where the test to be held upon applying for the IELTS exam. The cost is 10 thousand plus just forgot the exact amount but the cost is somehow like that
Old Aug 7th 2018, 9:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by maria0991
Hello.. You can see the address where the test to be held upon applying for the IELTS exam. The cost is 10 thousand plus just forgot the exact amount but the cost is somehow like that
Please note that this thread is quite old, and the person you are responding to asked in April (and hasn't been back to the forum since). So they're unlikely to see your response.

Re: cover letter, yes, it's a letter. If you Google 'cover letter' you'll get the dictionary definition which tells you it's
  1. a letter sent with, and explaining the contents of, another document or a parcel of goods.
    "you will need to write a covering letter to send with your CV"
HTH.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Please note that this thread is quite old, and the person you are responding to asked in April (and hasn't been back to the forum since). So they're unlikely to see your response.

Re: cover letter, yes, it's a letter. If you Google 'cover letter' you'll get the dictionary definition which tells you it's
  1. a letter sent with, and explaining the contents of, another document or a parcel of goods.
    "you will need to write a covering letter to send with your CV"
HTH.
Thank you