Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Old Jan 24th 2018, 12:03 am
  #106  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Location: Greenville NC
Posts: 47
MaddiGibbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Amazing list, thank you.

My husband and I (UK and US citizens respectively) have a son, too, but we only have his US birth certificate... Should we register his birth with the UK authorities, too, or do you think his UK passport will suffice?

Thanks!
MaddiGibbs is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2018, 12:41 am
  #107  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 17,429
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by MaddiGibbs View Post
Amazing list, thank you.

My husband and I (UK and US citizens respectively) have a son, too, but we only have his US birth certificate... Should we register his birth with the UK authorities, too, or do you think his UK passport will suffice?

Thanks!
It's worth doing to future-proof evidence of his British citizenship but it's not necessary for a spouse visa application if he holds a valid British passport.
BritInParis is online now  
Old Apr 4th 2018, 1:08 pm
  #108  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1
Mtcj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Hi, I'm a Filipina and I have a child who is a British citizen. I would like to apply for family visa but as a parent not as a spouse, does anyone here tried to do this? Thank you.
Mtcj is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2018, 1:48 pm
  #109  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,049
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by Mtcj View Post
Hi, I'm a Filipina and I have a child who is a British citizen. I would like to apply for family visa but as a parent not as a spouse, does anyone here tried to do this? Thank you.
Hi, where is your child? This recent thread may be of use - http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...-child-911057/

You'd be better off starting your own thread with your question, rather than tagging it on to the end of an old thread about spouse visas, so for future ref please do ask any questions in your own threads, thanks.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 7:48 am
  #110  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1
teamsampson08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

hellow everyone thanks forall the information you given here its help a lot.

I am frtom cebu city and my husband currently at uk now ,we just got married last feb.08,2018 and i try to apply also a visa before which is tourist visa and sad to say its DECLINE but its not the end now were planning to apply for a spouse visa.

I saw about the TB and the IELTS exam, TB must be in manila as what i read in forum, but im not sure where i can get the IELTS exam here in CEBU CITY and the accredited school for visa processing .anyone can give me an idea and how much is the cost of that.

THANK YOU BEST WISHES ALL.
teamsampson08 is offline  
Old May 3rd 2018, 1:26 pm
  #111  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2
Devon A is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by britishfilipino View Post
Hi,

I asked my sponsor regarding the payslips, but he said he cannot produce the payslip for this month because it will arrive in the end of the month and he can't access it as we will be going together in the Philippines.
Hi, how soon did you apply for the spouse visa after leaving the UK? Did you get it? Thanks!
Devon A is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:14 am
  #112  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 28
maria0991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by Marty90 View Post
You're welcome. I know how hard it can be to do all this.

Make sure you double check all your documents and then check them again. Use my list of requirements as a guide, but you can add or remove some of the relationship and accommodation evidence to suit your situation.

From my experience in checking forums and other people's experiences, one of the most common reasons for refusal is the genuine relationship requirment. In your cover letter, make sure you state that you intend to live together and what your future plans are. Will you buy a new house? Get a job? Show the ECO that you have made definite plans to form a life together in the U.K. Lots of people miss this out and rely on just their marriage certificate and a few photos, which is not enough in most cases. Also - lots of communication evidence from Facebook, Skype etc. A couple of pieces for each month and this will show that you guys talk regularly and regularly display affection that they expect to see in a genuine relationship.

The key to getting it approved is to not miss anything. It's as simple (or as difficult!) as that.
I just wondering what this cover letter means? I am applying for a spouse visa and looking for a useful information about this and this to your post
maria0991 is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:28 am
  #113  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,049
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by maria0991 View Post
I just wondering what this cover letter means?
It doesn't mean anything, just a normal cover letter, you'll need to tailor it to your own application.

HTH, good luck.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:45 am
  #114  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 28
maria0991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by Karisa View Post
Hello, Marty.
Your post will be very helpful as I'm currently preparing my spouse visa application.
I just have a clarification. You mentioned the submission of the ff:
> Application form - this was the one printed on the online application right?
> Appendix 2, - is this a form to be filled out? Cause when i downloaded i saw it was just financial requirements.
Also, your wife took the A1 test right? How long till she got the results.
Lastly, what category is the spouse visa in the online application? Is it a settlement-wife
Thanks in advance!😊😊
Hello.. Can i ask what category you put for spouse visa in the online application ?
maria0991 is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:47 am
  #115  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 28
maria0991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
It doesn't mean anything, just a normal cover letter, you'll need to tailor it to your own application.

HTH, good luck.
Hello to you.. Is it a letter or what.. Or is it in the online application??
maria0991 is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:53 am
  #116  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 28
maria0991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by teamsampson08 View Post
hellow everyone thanks forall the information you given here its help a lot.

I am frtom cebu city and my husband currently at uk now ,we just got married last feb.08,2018 and i try to apply also a visa before which is tourist visa and sad to say its DECLINE but its not the end now were planning to apply for a spouse visa.

I saw about the TB and the IELTS exam, TB must be in manila as what i read in forum, but im not sure where i can get the IELTS exam here in CEBU CITY and the accredited school for visa processing .anyone can give me an idea and how much is the cost of that.

THANK YOU BEST WISHES ALL.
Hello.. You can see the address where the test to be held upon applying for the IELTS exam. The cost is 10 thousand plus just forgot the exact amount but the cost is somehow like that
maria0991 is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2018, 9:14 am
  #117  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,049
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by maria0991 View Post
Hello.. You can see the address where the test to be held upon applying for the IELTS exam. The cost is 10 thousand plus just forgot the exact amount but the cost is somehow like that
Please note that this thread is quite old, and the person you are responding to asked in April (and hasn't been back to the forum since). So they're unlikely to see your response.

Re: cover letter, yes, it's a letter. If you Google 'cover letter' you'll get the dictionary definition which tells you it's
  1. a letter sent with, and explaining the contents of, another document or a parcel of goods.
    "you will need to write a covering letter to send with your CV"
HTH.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2018, 9:53 am
  #118  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 28
maria0991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Please note that this thread is quite old, and the person you are responding to asked in April (and hasn't been back to the forum since). So they're unlikely to see your response.

Re: cover letter, yes, it's a letter. If you Google 'cover letter' you'll get the dictionary definition which tells you it's
  1. a letter sent with, and explaining the contents of, another document or a parcel of goods.
    "you will need to write a covering letter to send with your CV"
HTH.
Thank you
maria0991 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.