Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Old Dec 28th 2017, 3:27 am
Just Joined

Leah28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Hi!congrats!I'm glad you made it.I'm very interested to know if your wife had your marriage contract authenticated in NSO and have it red ribboned?
Hope to read a favorable response from you.Thanks!
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Davidb9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good evening,

I am a 33Years old and British citizen and I have been living in South East for 9 years now (6 years in Thailand and 3 years Manila). My fiance (we will be married in January) have been together for 5 years now and have a 3 year old daughter (Uk passport holder). My fiance also has a 10 year old daughter from a previous marriage who lives with us. Her father is an American citizen and we hope to acquire a USA passport for her. I work in an International School in Manila and both girls attend said school.

Our plan is to move to the UK as soon as possible (August 2018) and for us both to find work. I am teacher and will easily find work but intend living with my parents until I find something stable. My wife has a verbal offer of work in the makeup industry in the uk. Obviously we would like both girls to attend school in UK.

Anyone been in an similar situation? How long would the process take? Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 11:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davidb9
Good evening,

I am a 33Years old and British citizen and I have been living in South East for 9 years now (6 years in Thailand and 3 years Manila). My fiance (we will be married in January) have been together for 5 years now and have a 3 year old daughter (Uk passport holder). My fiance also has a 10 year old daughter from a previous marriage who lives with us. Her father is an American citizen and we hope to acquire a USA passport for her. I work in an International School in Manila and both girls attend said school.

Our plan is to move to the UK as soon as possible (August 2018) and for us both to find work. I am teacher and will easily find work but intend living with my parents until I find something stable. My wife has a verbal offer of work in the makeup industry in the uk. Obviously we would like both girls to attend school in UK.

Anyone been in an similar situation? How long would the process take? Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
Which passport(s) does your fiancée hold?
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Which passport(s) does your fiancée hold?
My fiancé holds a Philippines passport, her daughter also but she is entitled to a USA passport and our daughter holds a U.K. passport
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 11:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

My fiancé holds a Philippines passport, her daughter also but she is entitled to a USA passport and our daughter holds a U.K. passport
The Philippines does not permit divorce - you mention she was previously married. Was she able to obtain an annulment or did her husband divorce her in a foreign court?
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The Philippines does not permit divorce - you mention she was previously married. Was she able to obtain an annulment or did her husband divorce her in a foreign court?
Their marriage has been annulled
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 11:23 pm

Their marriage has been annulled
Good, that can be the biggest stumbling block. What about your fiancée's daughter - does she have legal permission to remove her from the Philippines?
Old Jan 4th 2018, 5:08 am
Just Joined

We are on good terms with her father and he is willing to cooperate and support us with this so getting permission to take her out should the straightforward? Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2018, 8:19 am
Just Joined

kajin2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi @Marty90,

Delighted to see in your post about Cebu so I suppose that your wife is from Cebu. Anyway, do you have any idea about the right to remain for me in the UK after marrying there? My boyfriend is a British citizen and we are planning to get married in the UK
Old Jan 4th 2018, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good evening,

Thanks

You have to sponsor your wife and non British child for a settlement visa.

Read the document below for details:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

You (the sponsor) has to fulfill financial requirements. Read the following document carefully to see how you can qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

Basically you can qualify be income (earnings) of 18,600 GBP (more if having non British children) per annum OR through savings/investments/non earning income.

The application process takes up to 12 weeks or more (less if priority service is paid for)
Old Jan 5th 2018, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the advice.

Another question: To return to the Uk I will have to leave my job of a teacher here (Manila) and move back to the UK and look for a job. To begin we will live with my parents and I will find part time work through tutoring, substitute teaching and working in my father's bed and breakfast. I will be able to meet the requirements of 18,600+ through savings but will not automatically be in full time employment. Will this stand against us?

Thanks

Dave
Old Jan 5th 2018, 11:10 pm

Another question: To return to the Uk I will have to leave my job of a teacher here (Manila) and move back to the UK and look for a job. To begin we will live with my parents and I will find part time work through tutoring, substitute teaching and working in my father's bed and breakfast. I will be able to meet the requirements of 18,600+ through savings but will not automatically be in full time employment. Will this stand against us?

Thanks

Dave
As you will be bringing your fiancée's daughter with you, you will need to be earning £22,400 or to meet the financial requirements through savings alone will require £62,500. You can also use a mixture of savings of at least £16,000 to top your salaried income if it falls short. Check the document that SanDiegogirl linked to for details.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Dave
If you have to return to the UK to obtain a job before you can apply for settlement visas for your wife and non Brit child, you will either have to work for 6 months to show earnings of 22,400GBP (Cat A, 5.2 in the document I linked for you) OR if you have been earning 22,400 GBP overseas once you have a job in the UK you could apply under Cat B, 5.4 in document I linked for you.

During this time,your wife and non Brit child, at best, will be able to be in the UK on a visitor visa only. They will NOT be allowed to apply for the settlement visa from within the UK. They will have to leave the UK and return to their home country to apply.

Your post seems to imply that you expect your family to enter the UK and then apply for the visa once you have a job.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Yorks.loreto is an unknown quantity at this point

Good evening,

Thanks
Hi did you have any progress with this ?
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Noorey is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.