Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Old Mar 30th 2017, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Barryjones69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

I did think about that, but cannot find a place to make a new post. I wanted to make sure it was under the same category 😀
Old Mar 30th 2017, 3:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barryjones69
I did think about that, but cannot find a place to make a new post. I wanted to make sure it was under the same category � ����
Towards the top of the Citizenship/Passport and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) page (the one you found this thread on), you'll see this

Wiki Links

Spouse Immigration to UK

British Children Born Abroad

British Citizenship by Descent

British Consular Birth Registration

The Surinder Singh Route

New Thread

Click on Post New Thread - you'll then just need to enter a title for your thread, and then the text
Old Mar 30th 2017, 3:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Towards the top of the Citizenship/Passport and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) page (the one you found this thread on), you'll see this

Wiki Links

Spouse Immigration to UK

British Children Born Abroad

British Citizenship by Descent

British Consular Birth Registration

The Surinder Singh Route

New Thread

Click on Post New Thread - you'll then just need to enter a title for your thread, and then the text
That last line should have read click on New Thread My internet connection's giving me the irates today.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barryjones69
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes. I'm a Brit moved back to take care of my mum who has Alzheimers
My wife qualified for a spousal visa ( She is from the US )
We have been in the U.K. Three years now and my wife has to go for her interview.
I just recently qualified for a carers allowance, but until this time I have been flying back to the US to make the majority of my money to qualify as her sponsor
The house we are living in is completely paid for and has been left to me. Probably a value of £280,000
We have all the paper work for that. One of the two years I was not able to make the £18,600. I had to leave the US early from work as my mum was not doing well.
It really is a two person job, and until last year we had no help from social services.
My wife is an advanced nurse practitioner and would love to transfer her credentials but there is just no time.
So we will be submitting our financial records and will not meet the requirements.
We had heard that with me being on a carers allowance, there could be some wiggle room, BUT we are not holding our breath
In essence my wife's experience is keeping my mum from being cared for in social services, but the reality is we know that makes no difference.
We have accepted the fact that she will probably have to return to the US, but does anybody know how long she will have before she is asked to leave. Also when could she return on a visitors visa. Would appreciate any words of wisdom
Sincerely Barry

Have you already submitted your Further Leave to Remain application and documentation? (FLR(M))

In one part of your posting you say your wife is going for the interview; in another that you WILL be submitting your financial records.

If you have already applied then not much advice we can give.

If rejected, it is 28 days from notification to leave the country.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Barryjones69 is an unknown quantity at this point

No she has not gone for the interview yet and we have not presented the necessary documents.
Sorry for the confusion, was a little distracted.
Best Wishes Barry
Old Mar 31st 2017, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Marty90
Hi all,

My wife's passport returned yesterday with her Spouse Visa inside and we are over the moon! I first of all want to thank everyone on this forum for the help that they have given me. It has been invaluable.

The least I can do is share my requirements list and timeline on here that for me were the winning formula. I will advise however that everyone's situation is unique and your own list may vary a little or a lot depending on what is going on in your life.

Fees

Visa Cost - £1,350 (incl. overseas bank charges)
IHS/NHS charge - £635 (incl. overseas bank charges)

Also, if applying from Cebu (Philippines), there is an extra £50 fee just for a laugh.

Total cost - around £2,000. A lot more if you factor in the costs for the English Language test, TB test and the travel between these places.

Submitted Requirements:

General
  • Application form, Appendix 2, Biometrics and Fees
  • Applicant passport-sized photos
  • Applicant Passport
  • Applicant Birth Certificate
  • Sponsor Passport
  • Sponsor Birth Certificate
  • Applicant NBI Clearance (local police clearance)
  • Sponsorship undertaking form
Relationship
  • Cover letters from applicant and sponsor (covering relationship history, intention to live together and future plans)
  • Marriage Certificate (issued in Hong Kong)
  • CENOMAR - because our marriage was not registered in Philippines
  • Our son's birth certificate
  • Our son's UK AND Philippines Passport full copies
  • 10-20 Photographs
  • Flight eTickets, boarding passes and hotel bookings
  • Facebook printouts
  • Skype printouts
  • Emails, love letters and cards
  • Money transfer receipts
Financial
  • Last 7 bank statements
  • Last 7 pay slips (electronic printouts - signed by boss)
  • P60 for both 2015 and 2016 (just to be extra sure)
  • Employment Contract
  • Letter from employer stating length of employment, nature of employment and salary. Also include - how long has the sponsor been earning the salary relied upon in the application.
Accommodation
  • Tenancy agreement (AST) - signed, original copy with date
  • Council tax bill
  • Letter from landlord stating that the applicant (and my son) can stay in my apartment with me and that it is suitable, has enough rooms and is for my exclusive use.
  • An internet/utility bill (Vodafone) with my address on it
Extras (but very much required!)

• Tuberculosis Test Results
  • English Language Test Certificate

Timeline

Application made online - 21st December 2016
Documents submitted - 27th December 2016
Email from UKVI stating that decision has been made - 13th February 2017
Most nervous night of my life - 13th February 2017
Visa and passport collected - 14th February 2017

Total actual days from document submission to visa collection: 49 days

Hope this helps
Thank you so much for this, it is very encouraging. May I ask what was your date for travel, and if you can answer the following:

My question is regarding the timing of the visa. If I first apply online Aug 1st. I believe my eligible date to leave would be Nov 1st being 3 months in advance if I have that correct? Then, it is really true that you only have 30 days from then to leave? My biggest nightmare is that we will sell everything up, cars, household goods, and then the visa be denied for whatever reason, and now I have no house, no car and no job!

My UK friend got a US visa and had months to plan and execute the move after getting the visa.

Thoughts please?

Grateful as always for everyones help
Old Apr 6th 2017, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

twopintsandabagofcrisps is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

My wife's passport returned yesterday with her Spouse Visa inside and we are over the moon! I first of all want to thank everyone on this forum for the help that they have given me. It has been invaluable.

The least I can do is share my requirements list and timeline on here that for me were the winning formula. I will advise however that everyone's situation is unique and your own list may vary a little or a lot depending on what is going on in your life.

Fees

Also, if applying from Cebu (Philippines), there is an extra £50 fee just for a laugh.

Total cost - around £2,000. A lot more if you factor in the costs for the English Language test, TB test and the travel between these places.

Submitted Requirements:

General
  • Applicant Passport
  • Sponsor Passport
Relationship
  • Cover letters from applicant and sponsor (covering relationship history, intention to live together and future plans)
  • 10-20 Photographs
  • Facebook printouts
  • Skype printouts
Financial
  • Last 7 bank statements
  • Employment Contract
  • Letter from employer stating length of employment, nature of employment and salary. Also include - how long has the sponsor been earning the salary relied upon in the application.
Accommodation
  • Council tax bill
  • Letter from landlord stating that the applicant (and my son) can stay in my apartment with me and that it is suitable, has enough rooms and is for my exclusive use.

Timeline

Hope this helps
Did you have to give original documents or can you give copies of the documents you submit for things like passports, birth certs etc. ?

Or do they ask for these at the check in application interview and make their own photocopies?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 4th 2017, 9:19 am
Just Joined

annefinity is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Fees

Submitted Requirements:

General
  • Applicant Passport
  • Sponsor Passport
Relationship
  • 10-20 Photographs
  • Facebook printouts
  • Skype printouts
Financial
  • Last 7 bank statements
  • Employment Contract
Accommodation
  • Council tax bill

Timeline

Hope this helps
Hi Marty!

Is your salary came from only one job ?

Thanks!
Old May 4th 2017, 9:37 am
Just Joined

annefinity is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Fees

Submitted Requirements:

General
  • Applicant Passport
  • Sponsor Passport
Relationship
  • 10-20 Photographs
  • Facebook printouts
  • Skype printouts
Financial
  • Last 7 bank statements
  • Employment Contract
Accommodation
  • Council tax bill

Timeline

Hope this helps

One more thing Marty, may I have a copy of your cover letter ? Just want to have a pattern when I make cover letter.

I'm a Filipina married to British (Scottish in particular) unfortunately, his income is not yet qualified for the salary req and he is trying to get a part time job just to qualified. But I'm starting to work on my requirements.

Your post is very helpful. Thank you loads!
Old May 6th 2017, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

matandrobyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cdfergus
Thank you so much for this, it is very encouraging. May I ask what was your date for travel, and if you can answer the following:

My question is regarding the timing of the visa. If I first apply online Aug 1st. I believe my eligible date to leave would be Nov 1st being 3 months in advance if I have that correct? Then, it is really true that you only have 30 days from then to leave? My biggest nightmare is that we will sell everything up, cars, household goods, and then the visa be denied for whatever reason, and now I have no house, no car and no job!

My UK friend got a US visa and had months to plan and execute the move after getting the visa.

Thoughts please?

Grateful as always for everyones help
@cdfergus you're correct: when you apply you choose a date up to 3 months in advance, and then when you get the visa you have either 30 days from the date you specified or, if that date has passed, 30 days from the date of the visa.

I agree it's not enough time to pack up and move your life, but that's the rules nonetheless :-(

Best tactic I can see is to choose a date as far in the future as is allowed, and then maybe pay for priority processing, then you should get the visa well before the date you chose, giving you more time. Sadly I didn't do that, and am therefore living in a half packed house, waiting.

See my profile for a thread I started on this that may also help - I had the same question/disbelief that could be right.
Old May 7th 2017, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by matandrobyn
@cdfergus you're correct: when you apply you choose a date up to 3 months in advance, and then when you get the visa you have either 30 days from the date you specified or, if that date has passed, 30 days from the date of the visa.

I agree it's not enough time to pack up and move your life, but that's the rules nonetheless :-(

Best tactic I can see is to choose a date as far in the future as is allowed, and then maybe pay for priority processing, then you should get the visa well before the date you chose, giving you more time. Sadly I didn't do that, and am therefore living in a half packed house, waiting.

See my profile for a thread I started on this that may also help - I had the same question/disbelief that could be right.
Ok, thanks for the info! Will be applying Aug 1 for Nov 8 travel. Fingers crossed!
Old Jun 10th 2017, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

britishfilipino is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Fees

Submitted Requirements:

General
  • Applicant Passport
  • Sponsor Passport
Relationship
  • 10-20 Photographs
  • Facebook printouts
  • Skype printouts
Financial
  • Last 7 bank statements
  • Employment Contract
Accommodation
  • Council tax bill

Timeline

Hope this helps
Just got my visa approved last May 31.Thank you so much for all your tips, most specially to BritInParis and Marty90 who shed so much lights regarding this and to all people who advised me, thank you so much indeed!!

Visa Application Lodged: March 30, 2017
Visa Approved: May 31, 2017

Sorry for the late update.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Abigael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britishfilipino
Just got my visa approved last May 31.Thank you so much for all your tips, most specially to BritInParis and Marty90 who shed so much lights regarding this and to all people who advised me, thank you so much indeed!!

Visa Application Lodged: March 30, 2017
Visa Approved: May 31, 2017

Sorry for the late update.
Hi
That was 60 days working only
Hope I can have my spouse visa this coming month
Old Jun 11th 2017, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

britishfilipino is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Abigael
Hi
That was 60 days working only
Hope I can have my spouse visa this coming month
When did you lodge your application?
From what country are you?
Old Jun 12th 2017, 5:12 am
Just Joined

Abigael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britishfilipino
When did you lodge your application?
From what country are you?
From the Philippines

May 24,2017 I submit my application

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.