Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Old Mar 15th 2017, 12:00 pm
  #46  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Location: U.K/ESSEX
Posts: 5
asif_sharif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by twopintsandabagofcrisps View Post
Ah thanks, I'm using the savings route so it wouldn't apply to us.

Congrats.
lucky you wish i the money for that. would of saved so much hassle and stress.
asif_sharif is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2017, 1:37 am
  #47  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: manila
Posts: 48
MariaJon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by Marty90 View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation.

Maybe someone can help with this. But it is my understanding that the latest financial documents (bank statements and pay slips) can't be older than 28 days old.

If you have pay slips and bank statements from like a week ago and you lost your job very recently then you could chance it and apply immediately. But I wouldn't personally recommend this because of the off chance that the ECO may contact your employer for information.

The safest thing to do would be to get another job earning over 18,600. If you're struggling to do this, there is always the surinder Singh route which I believe is covered extensively on this forum.

Hope this helps.
Hey Marty I would like to ask about payslips cant be older 28 days old.,meaning if the last payslip for example is april 30, i should apply my visa before May 28? So if i will apply June 15 they will not accept it?
MariaJon is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2017, 1:53 am
  #48  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: manila
Posts: 48
MariaJon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by asif_sharif View Post
married feb 21st 2014
21/04/15 DOCUMENTS submitted mirpur office
22/04/15 reaches BHC islamabad
REFUSED 10/07/2015
appeal 31/07/2015
payment taken 14th August
review deadline 24th December 2015
COURT DATE 18TH JANUARY 2017 !
judge letter entry allowed
call in letter 9th March

now waiting on answer from home office on how to repay IHS fee !
Oh God,Im sorry but never give up! this is a long process! If I were you, I will just request to refund my IHS Fee and apply again,and not paying to appeal. I hope there is a reason of refusal then just try to apply and complete all the papers,there are some guidelines here to follow for the documents to submit , and ask help in this forum they will help us.
MariaJon is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2017, 9:23 am
  #49  
Work the problem
Thread Starter
 
Marty90's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 76
Marty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by MariaJon View Post
Hey Marty I would like to ask about payslips cant be older 28 days old.,meaning if the last payslip for example is april 30, i should apply my visa before May 28? So if i will apply June 15 they will not accept it?
You need at least 6 pay slips. The latest pay slip that you submit must not be more than 28 days old at the time of the online application.

For example, if you apply for your visa on the 29th March, the latest pay slip you submit must be dated after 1st March.
Marty90 is offline  
Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:04 pm
  #50  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 36
britishfilipino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Hi to all,

I just want to make sure that all my requirements are correct. This Visa application is for SETTLEMENT-CIVIL PARTNERSHIP. Please do inform me if I have to submit more. I am planning to lodge my application in Manila this coming 28th of March. These are the papers I'm about to submit;

1) Application VAF4A
2) Appendix 2
3) Invitation letter
4) Invitation letters from previous Visa Applications (Tourist Visa and CP Visa)
5) Birth certificate of the sponsor (Copy)
6) Copy of passport of the sponsor inclusive of copies of entry/exit to Philippines
7) SU07/12 Sponsorship Undertaking
8) Proof of home ownership of the sponsor via mortgage statement, notice from leaseholder, service charge from leaseholder, council tax bill 2015/16, and electricity bill dated 29th December 16
9) P60 of the sponsor
10) Letter of salary and employment of the sponsor
11) Payslips x 6 of the sponsor from Sept. 16 to Feb. 17.
12) Employment contract of the sponsor
13) Letter from bank re funds held dated 1st Feb 17
14) Certificate of civil partnership
15) Dissolution of Civil Partnership
16) Certificate of no marriage (CENOMAR)
17) Certificate of employment of the applicant
18) Letters from the colleague of the sponsor
19) Selection of pictures together in UK
20) Proof of funds transfer from UK to the Philippines
21) Valentines card/ Congratulatory card (Civil Partnership)
22) Facebook Conversations
23) Flight itinerary of the sponsor to Philippines from the UK / Boarding Pass
24) Hotel bookings in the Philippines
25) TB Test Result
26) IELTS, proof of English proficiency , CEFR Level A1.
27) University Degree of Nursing
28) Transcript of Records in Nursing
29) Certificate of Degree being taught through medium of English language
30) Transcript of Records of medical training

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by britishfilipino; Mar 20th 2017 at 1:16 pm.
britishfilipino is offline  
Old Mar 20th 2017, 4:37 pm
  #51  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Yasir1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by ruri View Post
Yay, Finally! well done! Are you guys back in the UK now?
Hi , home
Office fee is included the medical nhs fee or excluded . I just submitted the case 3 weeks ago.
Earliest reply will be highly appreciated.
Yasir1 is offline  
Old Mar 21st 2017, 5:00 am
  #52  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: manila
Posts: 48
MariaJon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by britishfilipino View Post
Hi to all,

I just want to make sure that all my requirements are correct. This Visa application is for SETTLEMENT-CIVIL PARTNERSHIP. Please do inform me if I have to submit more. I am planning to lodge my application in Manila this coming 28th of March. These are the papers I'm about to submit;

1) Application VAF4A
2) Appendix 2
3) Invitation letter
4) Invitation letters from previous Visa Applications (Tourist Visa and CP Visa)
5) Birth certificate of the sponsor (Copy)
6) Copy of passport of the sponsor inclusive of copies of entry/exit to Philippines
7) SU07/12 Sponsorship Undertaking
8) Proof of home ownership of the sponsor via mortgage statement, notice from leaseholder, service charge from leaseholder, council tax bill 2015/16, and electricity bill dated 29th December 16
9) P60 of the sponsor
10) Letter of salary and employment of the sponsor
11) Payslips x 6 of the sponsor from Sept. 16 to Feb. 17.
12) Employment contract of the sponsor
13) Letter from bank re funds held dated 1st Feb 17
14) Certificate of civil partnership
15) Dissolution of Civil Partnership
16) Certificate of no marriage (CENOMAR)
17) Certificate of employment of the applicant
18) Letters from the colleague of the sponsor
19) Selection of pictures together in UK
20) Proof of funds transfer from UK to the Philippines
21) Valentines card/ Congratulatory card (Civil Partnership)
22) Facebook Conversations
23) Flight itinerary of the sponsor to Philippines from the UK / Boarding Pass
24) Hotel bookings in the Philippines
25) TB Test Result
26) IELTS, proof of English proficiency , CEFR Level A1.
27) University Degree of Nursing
28) Transcript of Records in Nursing
29) Certificate of Degree being taught through medium of English language
30) Transcript of Records of medical training

Thank you in advance.
Hi,wow you did a great job! But for me,idont think you need your previous invitation letter and school records?and when is the date of your online visa application?because as far as i know the last payslip cannot be 28days older before the online application.I am just curious stating your last payslip and bank statement is Feb 17 and your appointment is March 28,maybe i can be wrong🙄Anyway,more papers to submit the more chances of winning.Let us know for the result.Goodluck!
MariaJon is offline  
Old Mar 21st 2017, 7:40 am
  #53  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 36
britishfilipino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by MariaJon View Post
Hi,wow you did a great job! But for me,idont think you need your previous invitation letter and school records?and when is the date of your online visa application?because as far as i know the last payslip cannot be 28days older before the online application.I am just curious stating your last payslip and bank statement is Feb 17 and your appointment is March 28,maybe i can be wrong🙄Anyway,more papers to submit the more chances of winning.Let us know for the result.Goodluck!
Hi,

I asked my sponsor regarding the payslips, but he said he cannot produce the payslip for this month because it will arrive in the end of the month and he can't access it as we will be going together in the Philippines.
britishfilipino is offline  
Old Mar 21st 2017, 7:35 pm
  #54  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: manila
Posts: 48
MariaJon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by britishfilipino View Post
Hi,

I asked my sponsor regarding the payslips, but he said he cannot produce the payslip for this month because it will arrive in the end of the month and he can't access it as we will be going together in the Philippines.
Hi you have to make sure about your last payslips for example. if your last payslip is dated May 1.. your online application will be not later than May 28/
MariaJon is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 5:42 am
  #55  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
jayde_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Hi All,

So I am an Australian looking to join my partner (German passport holder) in the UK but there are a few questions on the online application form that I am having trouble with. So I was hoping someone could please help me.
First of all in the Employment, income & sponsor details section it asks, "The cost of your living expenses.". Do I enter an estimate as to what i think my living costs will be for the entire duration of my stay (which is 2.5 years)? Personally it will not be costing me anything as my partners employer is paying for our rent, bills and car but am I expected to come up with an estimate as to what my share of those costs would be even though we are not having to pay ourselves?
Also in the EEA National section it asks, "Do I intend to work" my answer is yes which then requires me to to fill in "Job description/ title/ rank" and "type of work undertaken". I do not have this information as I do not intend on finding a job until I arrive in the UK so due to me not being able to leave them blank is N/A sufficient for the two questions?

Thank you
jayde_m is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 6:44 am
  #56  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 100
adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Hi
my spouse got her payslip of November and december together as 1 payslip. can it be counted as 2? it does mention pay of november and pay of december separately on that 1 payslip.
confused
adi16 is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2017, 6:42 pm
  #57  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Empaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by Marty90 View Post
Hi all,

My wife's passport returned yesterday with her Spouse Visa inside and we are over the moon! I first of all want to thank everyone on this forum for the help that they have given me. It has been invaluable.

The least I can do is share my requirements list and timeline on here that for me were the winning formula. I will advise however that everyone's situation is unique and your own list may vary a little or a lot depending on what is going on in your life.

Fees

Visa Cost - £1,350 (incl. overseas bank charges)
IHS/NHS charge - £635 (incl. overseas bank charges)

Also, if applying from Cebu (Philippines), there is an extra £50 fee just for a laugh.

Total cost - around £2,000. A lot more if you factor in the costs for the English Language test, TB test and the travel between these places.

Submitted Requirements:


General
  • Application form, Appendix 2, Biometrics and Fees
  • Applicant passport-sized photos
  • Applicant Passport
  • Applicant Birth Certificate
  • Sponsor Passport
  • Sponsor Birth Certificate
  • Applicant NBI Clearance (local police clearance)
  • Sponsorship undertaking form
Relationship
  • Cover letters from applicant and sponsor (covering relationship history, intention to live together and future plans)
  • Marriage Certificate (issued in Hong Kong)
  • CENOMAR - because our marriage was not registered in Philippines
  • Our son's birth certificate
  • Our son's UK AND Philippines Passport full copies
  • 10-20 Photographs
  • Flight eTickets, boarding passes and hotel bookings
  • Facebook printouts
  • Skype printouts
  • Emails, love letters and cards
  • Money transfer receipts
Financial
  • Last 7 bank statements
  • Last 7 pay slips (electronic printouts - signed by boss)
  • P60 for both 2015 and 2016 (just to be extra sure)
  • Employment Contract
  • Letter from employer stating length of employment, nature of employment and salary. Also include - how long has the sponsor been earning the salary relied upon in the application.
Accommodation
  • Tenancy agreement (AST) - signed, original copy with date
  • Council tax bill
  • Letter from landlord stating that the applicant (and my son) can stay in my apartment with me and that it is suitable, has enough rooms and is for my exclusive use.
  • An internet/utility bill (Vodafone) with my address on it
Extras (but very much required!)

  • Tuberculosis Test Results
  • English Language Test Certificate


Timeline

Application made online - 21st December 2016
Documents submitted - 27th December 2016
Email from UKVI stating that decision has been made - 13th February 2017
Most nervous night of my life - 13th February 2017
Visa and passport collected - 14th February 2017

Total actual days from document submission to visa collection: 49 days

Hope this helps
Hi marty my wife is going to apply for visa in October..shes jusy informed me that they like to see evidence of correspondence between each, like emails and print offs from messenger like hang out, my questions is some of the correspondence is quite erotic, do you bite the bullet and submit it or edite it, regards em
Empaul is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2017, 1:48 pm
  #58  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 33
Barryjones69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes. I'm a Brit moved back to take care of my mum who has Alzheimers
My wife qualified for a spousal visa ( She is from the US )
We have been in the U.K. Three years now and my wife has to go for her interview.
I just recently qualified for a carers allowance, but until this time I have been flying back to the US to make the majority of my money to qualify as her sponsor
The house we are living in is completely paid for and has been left to me. Probably a value of £280,000
We have all the paper work for that. One of the two years I was not able to make the £18,600. I had to leave the US early from work as my mum was not doing well.
It really is a two person job, and until last year we had no help from social services.
My wife is an advanced nurse practitioner and would love to transfer her credentials but there is just no time.
So we will be submitting our financial records and will not meet the requirements.
We had heard that with me being on a carers allowance, there could be some wiggle room, BUT we are not holding our breath
In essence my wife's experience is keeping my mum from being cared for in social services, but the reality is we know that makes no difference.
We have accepted the fact that she will probably have to return to the US, but does anybody know how long she will have before she is asked to leave. Also when could she return on a visitors visa. Would appreciate any words of wisdom
Sincerely Barry
Barryjones69 is offline  
Old Mar 30th 2017, 11:40 am
  #59  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 36
britishfilipino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by Marty90 View Post
Hi all,

My wife's passport returned yesterday with her Spouse Visa inside and we are over the moon! I first of all want to thank everyone on this forum for the help that they have given me. It has been invaluable.

The least I can do is share my requirements list and timeline on here that for me were the winning formula. I will advise however that everyone's situation is unique and your own list may vary a little or a lot depending on what is going on in your life.

Fees

Visa Cost - £1,350 (incl. overseas bank charges)
IHS/NHS charge - £635 (incl. overseas bank charges)

Also, if applying from Cebu (Philippines), there is an extra £50 fee just for a laugh.

Total cost - around £2,000. A lot more if you factor in the costs for the English Language test, TB test and the travel between these places.

Submitted Requirements:


General
  • Application form, Appendix 2, Biometrics and Fees
  • Applicant passport-sized photos
  • Applicant Passport
  • Applicant Birth Certificate
  • Sponsor Passport
  • Sponsor Birth Certificate
  • Applicant NBI Clearance (local police clearance)
  • Sponsorship undertaking form
Relationship
  • Cover letters from applicant and sponsor (covering relationship history, intention to live together and future plans)
  • Marriage Certificate (issued in Hong Kong)
  • CENOMAR - because our marriage was not registered in Philippines
  • Our son's birth certificate
  • Our son's UK AND Philippines Passport full copies
  • 10-20 Photographs
  • Flight eTickets, boarding passes and hotel bookings
  • Facebook printouts
  • Skype printouts
  • Emails, love letters and cards
  • Money transfer receipts
Financial
  • Last 7 bank statements
  • Last 7 pay slips (electronic printouts - signed by boss)
  • P60 for both 2015 and 2016 (just to be extra sure)
  • Employment Contract
  • Letter from employer stating length of employment, nature of employment and salary. Also include - how long has the sponsor been earning the salary relied upon in the application.
Accommodation
  • Tenancy agreement (AST) - signed, original copy with date
  • Council tax bill
  • Letter from landlord stating that the applicant (and my son) can stay in my apartment with me and that it is suitable, has enough rooms and is for my exclusive use.
  • An internet/utility bill (Vodafone) with my address on it
Extras (but very much required!)

  • Tuberculosis Test Results
  • English Language Test Certificate


Timeline

Application made online - 21st December 2016
Documents submitted - 27th December 2016
Email from UKVI stating that decision has been made - 13th February 2017
Most nervous night of my life - 13th February 2017
Visa and passport collected - 14th February 2017

Total actual days from document submission to visa collection: 49 days

Hope this helps
Hi Marty,

I just submitted my application here in Cebu today 30/3/17, this application was SETTLEMENT- CIVIL PARTNERSHIP because we are in a same sex relationship. I just want to make sure that all documents I submitted were correct.

1) Application VAF4A
2) Appendix 2 and IHS Payment Confirmation
3) Invitation letter
4) Invitation letters from previous Visa Applications (Tourist Visa and CP Visa)
5) Birth certificate of the sponsor (Copy)
6) Copy of passport of the sponsor inclusive of copies of entry/exit to Philippines
7) SU07/12 Sponsorship Undertaking
8) Proof of home ownership of the sponsor via mortgage statement, notice from leaseholder, service charge from leaseholder, council tax bill 2015/16, and electricity bill dated 29th December 16
9) P60 of the sponsor 2016 and 2017
10) Letter of salary and employment of the sponsor
11) Payslips x 7 of the sponsor from Sept. 16 to March 17.
12) Employment contract of the sponsor
13) Letter from bank re funds held dated 21st March 17
14) Certificate of civil partnership
15) Dissolution of Civil Partnership
16) Certificate of employment of the applicant
17) Letters from the colleague of the sponsor
18) Selection of pictures together in UK
19) Proof of funds transfer from UK to the Philippines
20) Valentines card/ Congratulatory card (Civil Partnership)
21) Facebook Conversations
22) Flight itinerary of the sponsor to Philippines from the UK / Boarding Pass
23) Hotel bookings in the Philippines
24) TB Test Result
25) IELTS, proof of English proficiency , CEFR Level A1.
26) University Degree of Nursing
27) Transcript of Records in Nursing
28) Certificate of Degree being taught through medium of English language
29) Transcript of Records of medical training

Thank you in advance.

I do hope you can advise me on this.
britishfilipino is offline  
Old Mar 30th 2017, 2:58 pm
  #60  
Concierge
 
spouse of scouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 19,209
spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by Barryjones69 View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes. I'm a Brit moved back to take care of my mum who has Alzheimers
My wife qualified for a spousal visa ( She is from the US )
We have been in the U.K. Three years now and my wife has to go for her interview.
I just recently qualified for a carers allowance, but until this time I have been flying back to the US to make the majority of my money to qualify as her sponsor
The house we are living in is completely paid for and has been left to me. Probably a value of £280,000
We have all the paper work for that. One of the two years I was not able to make the £18,600. I had to leave the US early from work as my mum was not doing well.
It really is a two person job, and until last year we had no help from social services.
My wife is an advanced nurse practitioner and would love to transfer her credentials but there is just no time.
So we will be submitting our financial records and will not meet the requirements.
We had heard that with me being on a carers allowance, there could be some wiggle room, BUT we are not holding our breath
In essence my wife's experience is keeping my mum from being cared for in social services, but the reality is we know that makes no difference.
We have accepted the fact that she will probably have to return to the US, but does anybody know how long she will have before she is asked to leave. Also when could she return on a visitors visa. Would appreciate any words of wisdom
Sincerely Barry
Hi Barry - I strongly suggest that you repost this in your own (ie, a new) thread - it's bound to get lost on this one and it's too important for that. Fingers crossed for you
spouse of scouse is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.