Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Old Mar 12th 2017, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

MariaJon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by Marty90
Yeah my wife used my card in the Philippines. I gave her my card details. The transaction was declined at first but I called the bank and explained the situation and we tried again 10 mins later and it worked.

IHS I paid using PayPal which went through fine first time because they sent an authorisation code which I passed on to my wife.

We had a bit of an issue paying for it using my wife's Metrobank account at first. They kept declining the transaction for unknown reasons. So we tried the payment the next day using my account.
Now, that is going to be a problem, because when i tried my husband debit card details to pay online transaction in the Philippines his card was blocked automaticcally, so he has to go to his bank and was ask personal bank transaction before it was unblocked, and from that i never tried his card again. Oh No, and Philippine Bank is declined in paying too?
Old Mar 12th 2017, 1:34 pm
Work the problem

Marty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MariaJon
Now, that is going to be a problem, because when i tried my husband debit card details to pay online transaction in the Philippines his card was blocked automaticcally, so he has to go to his bank and was ask personal bank transaction before it was unblocked, and from that i never tried his card again. Oh No, and Philippine Bank is declined in paying too?
He doesn't need to go to the bank in person. Ask him to call the 24 hour customer service line that is printed on the back of his debit card. Ask him to explain what you guys are doing and ask them to authorise the transaction. Should be fine.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 3:54 am
Just Joined

filipina0123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Marty90, Congratulations on the approval of your visa and thank you for sharing all your knowledge regarding this. I would just like to ask if you have submitted all original like the marriage certificate, birth certificate, passports and in my case also do i need to submit original of my divorce decree? thank you for your help.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 8:49 am
Work the problem

Marty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by filipina0123
Hello Marty90, Congratulations on the approval of your visa and thank you for sharing all your knowledge regarding this. I would just like to ask if you have submitted all original like the marriage certificate, birth certificate, passports and in my case also do i need to submit original of my divorce decree? thank you for your help.
Thanks.

All documents need to be originals. Your divorce decree certainly needs to be original.

The only official documents that can be copied is your spouse's passport (copy and print every page in colour).
Old Mar 13th 2017, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

twopintsandabagofcrisps is an unknown quantity at this point

I certainly would have paid for the quicker service if I could afford it. I am so broke now, but it's been worth it.

So for birth certificates - they need to be original copies.

Any passports you send in (except the applicant's of course) can be copies. To be on the safe side, copy every page and print in colour. I then stapled the pages in order. Copies DO NOT need to be 'certified' or 'notified'. The Home Office will be able to check for UK passport info in their own databases if they are in doubt about anything.

Hope this helps.
Do you know if I can use the same day service for my husband that lives in Canada? I assume I would have to fly back to the UK to make the application instead of making it from Canada?
Old Mar 13th 2017, 10:17 pm
Work the problem

Originally Posted by twopintsandabagofcrisps
Do you know if I can use the same day service for my husband that lives in Canada? I assume I would have to fly back to the UK to make the application instead of making it from Canada?
The applicant (your husband) needs to make the application from Canada. You can stay with him during the process or return to the UK, it's up to you. Just make sure you have all the documents you need!

I'm pretty sure that they have the priority service in Canada, although I don't think anywhere offers a same day service because of the paperwork involved. I think fast track service takes about a week or so.

Check out the VFS website for Canada as they handle all the applications - https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/canada/applicationcentre.html

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 10:39 am
Just Joined

asif_sharif is an unknown quantity at this point

married feb 21st 2014
21/04/15 DOCUMENTS submitted mirpur office
22/04/15 reaches BHC islamabad
REFUSED 10/07/2015
appeal 31/07/2015
payment taken 14th August
review deadline 24th December 2015
COURT DATE 18TH JANUARY 2017 !
judge letter entry allowed
call in letter 9th March

now waiting on answer from home office on how to repay IHS fee !
Old Mar 14th 2017, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

He doesn't need to go to the bank in person. Ask him to call the 24 hour customer service line that is printed on the back of his debit card. Ask him to explain what you guys are doing and ask them to authorise the transaction. Should be fine.

Oh Thank you Marty for always replying my message, i told my husband that you are guiding me for the paperworks, and he is happy to know that.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 1:34 pm
Work the problem

Originally Posted by MariaJon
Oh Thank you Marty for always replying my message, i told my husband that you are guiding me for the paperworks, and he is happy to know that.
You're welcome. I know how hard it can be to do all this.

Make sure you double check all your documents and then check them again. Use my list of requirements as a guide, but you can add or remove some of the relationship and accommodation evidence to suit your situation.

From my experience in checking forums and other people's experiences, one of the most common reasons for refusal is the genuine relationship requirment. In your cover letter, make sure you state that you intend to live together and what your future plans are. Will you buy a new house? Get a job? Show the ECO that you have made definite plans to form a life together in the U.K. Lots of people miss this out and rely on just their marriage certificate and a few photos, which is not enough in most cases. Also - lots of communication evidence from Facebook, Skype etc. A couple of pieces for each month and this will show that you guys talk regularly and regularly display affection that they expect to see in a genuine relationship.

The key to getting it approved is to not miss anything. It's as simple (or as difficult!) as that.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 1:48 pm
Work the problem

Originally Posted by Naz30
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can the financial requirement be met through carer's allowance?
I'm pretty sure that you still need to meet the £18,600 unless you yourself are receiving certain benefits (e.g for a disability).

The ECO will need to see evidence that you can support yourself and your spouse using funds that are entirely under your own control.

I know it's harsh, and I don't agree with it believe me. You just need to decide the best option for you. If it is possible to raise the money to qualify through the savings route, then that would be the best option to take. However, I know that the amount of savings required to qualify via this route is pretty excessive.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi asif, why did they refuse, did you miss any documents needed for the application? I just want to make sure I send all the right information and don't miss anything.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

The applicant (your husband) needs to make the application from Canada. You can stay with him during the process or return to the UK, it's up to you. Just make sure you have all the documents you need!

I'm pretty sure that they have the priority service in Canada, although I don't think anywhere offers a same day service because of the paperwork involved. I think fast track service takes about a week or so.

Check out the VFS website for Canada as they handle all the applications - https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/canada/a...ioncentre.html

Hope this helps.
Thank You
Old Mar 14th 2017, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

asif_sharif is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twopintsandabagofcrisps
Hi asif, why did they refuse, did you miss any documents needed for the application? I just want to make sure I send all the right information and don't miss anything.
they did not believe i was making the annual income of £18,600 guess i was just working the two jobs for the fun of it
Old Mar 14th 2017, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by asif_sharif
they did not believe i was making the annual income of £18,600 guess i was just working the two jobs for the fun of it
Ah thanks, I'm using the savings route so it wouldn't apply to us.

Congrats.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

You're welcome. I know how hard it can be to do all this.

Make sure you double check all your documents and then check them again. Use my list of requirements as a guide, but you can add or remove some of the relationship and accommodation evidence to suit your situation.

From my experience in checking forums and other people's experiences, one of the most common reasons for refusal is the genuine relationship requirment. In your cover letter, make sure you state that you intend to live together and what your future plans are. Will you buy a new house? Get a job? Show the ECO that you have made definite plans to form a life together in the U.K. Lots of people miss this out and rely on just their marriage certificate and a few photos, which is not enough in most cases. Also - lots of communication evidence from Facebook, Skype etc. A couple of pieces for each month and this will show that you guys talk regularly and regularly display affection that they expect to see in a genuine relationship.

The key to getting it approved is to not miss anything. It's as simple (or as difficult!) as that.
Thank You Marty, yeah from the beginning we have some emails to show how we started and after marriage after 2 months i moved to Norway with him, we have bills together and lots of pictures. We been married for 4 years and 6months, he owned a house in Englad, Im 44 and he is 52. We dont have kids. Our mistake is we dont know that i can apply EEA Family Permit when he is still working in Norway since I was given a 5 years residency, that is why he move to work to England for the reason for me to process my spouse visa. I still have 14 moths Residence in Norway, so now I am thinking to submit my papers in Norway..

I am thinking also if I will apply visitors visa to visit my husband i hope they will give me more than 6month so that i can apply a spouse visa inside the uk.My husband is a truck driver and living without him kills me everyday. We seperate last July 2016 because he has to work in England and i stay in Norway with our 6 years old Rotweiller and i decide to have a break and stay for 3months in the philippines and my husband and i decide to met in France last 2mos. ago where i can travel using my Residence Card, then i back in Norway to made the very difficult and painful dicision to rehome our dog or put her to sleep, so that i can process my visa in the Philippines,I've tried to fly our dog but rotties are banned to fly, i contacted the uk transport by road but they cannot drive to the other city in Norway where we lived..We are thinking before that living in Norway is a good dicision for us and also I am thinking that I can use the Residence Card to go to England as well,but i was wrong. I am thinking what is the easiest way.

Last edited by MariaJon; Mar 15th 2017 at 6:16 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.