Spouse visa application from Toronto - my experience

Old Mar 29th 2019, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

chasingsun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa application from Toronto - my experience

Great. Just waiting fir my.house sale to.close and were good to.go...
Old Mar 29th 2019, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jennamariespence
chasingsun the website added appointments yesterday for April. They must only open select appointments at a time. Good luck!
house sale money in bank, were submitting later today. Hor far ahead were the dates
Old Mar 30th 2019, 11:05 am
Just Joined

smineke is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope it went OK!

I ended up getting everything printed today on A4 from a printer here in Kitchener just to be safe. I have over 400 papers though, how long does it take to scan everything?! I feel like I could be there for hours, unless they have some sort of super scanning machine. Can you let me know please what that part is like?!

Thanks so much, good luck smineke
Hi again,
Okay, so I went in yesterday for my appointment at VFS's Toronto VAC (I think I'll do a big long post to explain the process in detail for anyone it might help... I wish I had joined this forum earlier on and asked a bunch of questions way back.. Anyhoo...) and for the scanning, they didn't do it right there in front of me. The agent said it would be done by end of day. So, you don't have to worry about being there for hours... which is good. I was there from the time I checked in and when I checked out, basically exactly two hours. My appointment was at 10:20am, and I checked in with the security at 10am. It was packed when I went in.. Afterward, I found out I was the only person there that day for a settlement visa.. I asked the very nice security guard/person who checks everyone in and out if it was always like that; she said no, just happened to be that way that day.
Might explain why you guys are having trouble getting appointments because they are just full with people mainly applying for visitor visas, I think, and maybe settlements are booked in for a longer period so they fill up on the system (??). Not really sure..
I didn't really feel that I was there that much longer than anyone else (because they were all waiting), but I certainly had the MOST stuff! haha..
And I guess if I really think about it, they might have done theirs in about an hour max, whereas I took like two... But the first hour I was just waiting to be called.

Sorry, if I'm all over the place! Ask any questions and I'm happy to try and help...

Oh, and yeah, there was no charge for the scanning, and no passport-sized photos needed (thanks to TorontoGlasgow for letting me know this before going in!)
After I sorted my documents for submission with the agent [like the way Johanna4 mentioned above (coloured paper dividers)], I waited a couple minutes to be taken in to the biometrics room for the biometrics to be done - fingerprints and photo.

Good luck on Monday!!
And to anyone else on here, or those trying to get an appointment.. Good luck, and God bless.
Old Apr 1st 2019, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

chasingsun the website added appointments yesterday for April. They must only open select appointments at a time. Good luck!
we submitted and got appointment tomorrow. But it wouldn't let us pay priority. Can we pay that there on the appointment day
Old Apr 1st 2019, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

jennamariespence is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you can pay for priority when you get there but the price would be in CAD not USD. I can't remember how much it was in CAD. I brought cash with me just in case however I did see that they had a card machine on the table.

I ended up getting an appointment at 8:45am so there wasn't much of a wait, I was the third person there. By the time I left the place at 9:30, the room was packed. They did say that settlement visas have the most paperwork and take the most amount of time. I sumbitted 400+ pages of evidence, so I'm hoping that there's enough information there to come to a quick decision.

Also, he told me that priority takes 8-10 weeks, I thought the website said 30 business days so that was disappointing. He did say that it can be faster, but it is all very vague.

Another note, I went out of my way to print everything on A4 paper which was a huge hassle. I asked the guy if they require A4 paper, and they said it can be EITHER letter size or A4. It just has to fit in the scanner. Be sure not to staple anything, but paper clips are ok. The bar code separators were a little vague on what goes where, but arrange it as best you can and if you're unsure, the guy was very helpful when he went through the documents with me and helped me arrange it correctly.

Lastly, this seem weird to me, but they said that they e-mail you once they are sending the passport back to you, but that you don't actually know if you got the visa or not until you open the passport. The suspense!!!

Good luck to everyone!
Old Apr 1st 2019, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

I think you can pay for priority when you get there but the price would be in CAD not USD. I can't remember how much it was in CAD. I brought cash with me just in case however I did see that they had a card machine on the table.

I ended up getting an appointment at 8:45am so there wasn't much of a wait, I was the third person there. By the time I left the place at 9:30, the room was packed. They did say that settlement visas have the most paperwork and take the most amount of time. I sumbitted 400+ pages of evidence, so I'm hoping that there's enough information there to come to a quick decision.

Also, he told me that priority takes 8-10 weeks, I thought the website said 30 business days so that was disappointing. He did say that it can be faster, but it is all very vague.

Another note, I went out of my way to print everything on A4 paper which was a huge hassle. I asked the guy if they require A4 paper, and they said it can be EITHER letter size or A4. It just has to fit in the scanner. Be sure not to staple anything, but paper clips are ok. The bar code separators were a little vague on what goes where, but arrange it as best you can and if you're unsure, the guy was very helpful when he went through the documents with me and helped me arrange it correctly.

Lastly, this seem weird to me, but they said that they e-mail you once they are sending the passport back to you, but that you don't actually know if you got the visa or not until you open the passport. The suspense!!!

Good luck to everyone!
thanks, we cant even log onto vfs global with our gwf number, it says data not found.. so were stressing out a little...
most priorities are done within 30 days.
Old Apr 1st 2019, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

I can't login to VSF global either, the website only works about 10% of the time.

good luck tomorrow!
Old Apr 1st 2019, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

I can't login to VSF global either, the website only works about 10% of the time.

good luck tomorrow!
thanks. His appointment is at 11.50, they said its 10 minutes long. But hoping he can purchase priority there and see everything be scanned.. I'm guessing hell be a few hours there.
Old Apr 1st 2019, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Hopefully it's not too long. A lot of the people applying today looked like students getting visas which is a different process I believe. There's parking next to the place on Bedford which is $14 for the whole day. Best of luck to you.
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hopefully it's not too long. A lot of the people applying today looked like students getting visas which is a different process I believe. There's parking next to the place on Bedford which is $14 for the whole day. Best of luck to you.
well it all went well, everything done on our end. It was a 12 hr day for him getting to toronto and back. He said it was busy and chaotic.
niw we just wait to see.. Be interesting to see our timelines develop.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 12:22 am
Just Joined

ca2uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm hoping someone in this thread might be able to help. This thread has been so helpful so far as I'm in the same situation as a number of you with the same visa a location.

I just submitted my application on visa4uk, got my BRP location, got an appointment, paid my visa application fee and the IHS payment. I printed my application, have my supporting docs and appendix and printed my appointment doc too.

The one thing I can't do is sign-in/register for the commercial partner/vfs global. It doesn't recognize my password or let me reset. I've tried a number of times and no success. Do I need to do that? I feel like I have everything I need for the appointment, but that box is still black on the visa4uk site, as is the print your application one. Do they all need to be green?

Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 12:28 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I often couldn’t login to the vsf website. It always said I had the incorrect password too and couldn’t reset. As long as you have everything printed you should be good. Sometimes on the vsf website I could login if I went to ‘view application’, I can’t remember exactly, just fiddle around with logging in on different areas of the website. Honestly though the website is so useless I couldn’t add any extra services or got anywhere by logging in. Be sure to bring proof of payment for everything with you and all the other docs and you should be good to go!
Old Apr 13th 2019, 12:49 am
Just Joined

ca2uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I often couldn’t login to the vsf website. It always said I had the incorrect password too and couldn’t reset. As long as you have everything printed you should be good. Sometimes on the vsf website I could login if I went to ‘view application’, I can’t remember exactly, just fiddle around with logging in on different areas of the website. Honestly though the website is so useless I couldn’t add any extra services or got anywhere by logging in. Be sure to bring proof of payment for everything with you and all the other docs and you should be good to go!
Thanks so much for the quick response; you put my mind at ease. I never thought visa applications could be so stressful!
Old Apr 13th 2019, 12:51 am
Just Joined

It is stressful!! Keep us updated on timelines- it helps us all good luck!
Old Apr 13th 2019, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

we have never been able to.log on to vfs, but it didnt make any difference at appointment..
I just wish we would some acknowledgement that everything is received. , it's been a long 8 working days...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.