Wikiposts

SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION - NEED HELP!

Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:05 am
Just Joined

ajhawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION - NEED HELP!

Hi there,

I am a UK citizen and currently live in the UAE with my wife (non-EEA resident) and our 3 month-old daughter (UK citizen).

I am currently working for a UK based company (for the past 3 months) as a consultant here in the UAE. My gross pay is £25k annually which I receive in my UK account from my employer. On top of that, I also receive an additional AED 8000 monthly (roughly £1350) as living allowance out here in the UAE from the company I have been asked to consult for as an Admin Manager. The company also has offices out in the UK and would like me to move back over the summer permanently to help them set up a new venture. Instead of receiving any additional living allowance in the UK, I will receive accommodation and transport.

We currently have around £10,000 worth of savings together.

We are looking to apply as soon as I have completed 6 months worth of pay into my account. Hence, according to my current circumstances, what are the chances of getting a UK spouse visa for my wife? Bearing in mind, the additional AED 8k living allowance I receive goes into my UAE bank account and hence is un-taxed. Will that effect my application in any way?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance
Old Nov 5th 2013, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION - NEED HELP!

If your daughter is a UK citizen and you have been earning over 18,600 GBP p.a. with the same employer for the past 6 months who is also willing to write you a formal job offer at or above that level in the UK - then I'd say good.
Check the BE-wiki (in my singature) which links to the formal rules and internal UKBA guidleines. The biggest challenge will be making sure you get the paperwork right
Old Nov 5th 2013, 3:58 am
Just Joined

ajhawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION - NEED HELP!

Many thanks for your reply. As stated, my earning currently stand at £25,000 Gross annually. Come December, I would have been in my job for 6 months and this is when I want to apply.

Currently the majority of pay I receive in the UK is being saved as I am comfortably living on the allowance I am receiving here. Hence there is not a lot of activity in my UK account as all expenses are being covered from my local account here. My one main issue is that will my living allowance that I receive here from the company who I consult (roughly £1350 monthly) have any adverse impact on my application considering this allowance is untaxed?