Spouse Visa Application Extension

Old Oct 10th 2018, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Application Extension

Just received a letter from Home Office stating that our application should be decided within 8 weeks of our submission (4 weeks ago). It lists possible reasons for rejection, the first of which is our failure to submit biometric information on time. Sadly for us, we had wrongly assumed that we would need to submit fingerprints etc. AFTER the visa was approved in order to print a renewed Biometric Residence Permit. On reviewing the file, however, we should have done that within 15 days of document submission. I have therefore sent a begging e-mail to [email protected] and will visit the Post Office tomorrow to do the needful. Do you think we still have a chance? If not, how soon can we reapply?
Old Oct 10th 2018, 1:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Well, they haven’t got round to refusing it yet so you should stand a reasonable chance.
Old Oct 24th 2018, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Well, they haven’t got round to refusing it yet so you should stand a reasonable chance.
Thanks for your help over the past few months. We have now been granted our spouse visa. Not sure why they don't stamp anything in the passport though as doubtful that certain overseas immigration officials will know what a BRP card means. Presumably my wife can just show her BRP at passport control to gain access.
Old Oct 24th 2018, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

smj_zahid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa for my Wife and 1 two year Old Daughter

Hi Everyone

I am British Citizen holding British passport, got naturalised in February 2018. I have never applied for my family (Wife and a 2 year old daughter) so far. I have all my wedding photographs (wedding held in November 2013). Apart from that I also meet financial requirement of 18,600 plus 3,800 for 1 single child, After that I never took any photographs whenever I went to India on holidays.

Can anyone share their experience on this, as I am thinking that the ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER would raise question on cohabition. We talk on WHATSAPP and very little do some chat on FACEBOOK. I do send Monthly expenses in her bank account in India from my UK bank account where my salary gets credited.

What do you guys think should I do to remove this doubt from the assessing officers mind, as the first thing he/she would think is I am applying for my wife after nearly 5 years of our marriage and apart from wedding photographs I dont have any other photographs to prove that we are continously in a Husband/wife relationship

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 24th 2018, 3:31 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa for my Wife and 1 two year Old Daughter

Originally Posted by smj_zahid
Hi Everyone

I am British Citizen holding British passport, got naturalised in February 2018. I have never applied for my family (Wife and a 2 year old daughter) so far. I have all my wedding photographs (wedding held in November 2013). Apart from that I also meet financial requirement of 18,600 plus 3,800 for 1 single child, After that I never took any photographs whenever I went to India on holidays.

Can anyone share their experience on this, as I am thinking that the ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER would raise question on cohabition. We talk on WHATSAPP and very little do some chat on FACEBOOK. I do send Monthly expenses in her bank account in India from my UK bank account where my salary gets credited.

What do you guys think should I do to remove this doubt from the assessing officers mind, as the first thing he/she would think is I am applying for my wife after nearly 5 years of our marriage and apart from wedding photographs I dont have any other photographs to prove that we are continously in a Husband/wife relationship

Thanks in advance
You can't provide what you don't have. You're correct, the ECO will decide on the evidence provided whether or not your marriage is genuine. Provide your bank statements showing funds leaving your account, and your wife's account statements showing the funds have been received. Other things you can provide are boarding passes for flights to and from India to visit your wife, and of course the photos of your wedding and your marriage certificate. Any other photos that show you both with family and/or friends would also be helpful. I'm not sure whether or not What'sApp transcripts would be useful, others may be able to advise you on that.

Both yourself and your wife would be wise to write a covering letter for your application, explaining the development of your relationship and subsequent marriage, paying particular attention to providing the reason/s why you've lived apart for so long.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 12:20 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Thanks for your help over the past few months. We have now been granted our spouse visa. Not sure why they don't stamp anything in the passport though as doubtful that certain overseas immigration officials will know what a BRP card means. Presumably my wife can just show her BRP at passport control to gain access.
No point worrying about overseas immigration officials. Your wife’s BRP is for the UK, not anywhere else.
Old Dec 10th 2018, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Readmysmile is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mentalist
Just received a letter from Home Office stating that our application should be decided within 8 weeks of our submission (4 weeks ago). It lists possible reasons for rejection, the first of which is our failure to submit biometric information on time. Sadly for us, we had wrongly assumed that we would need to submit fingerprints etc. AFTER the visa was approved in order to print a renewed Biometric Residence Permit. On reviewing the file, however, we should have done that within 15 days of document submission. I have therefore sent a begging e-mail to [email protected] and will visit the Post Office tomorrow to do the needful. Do you think we still have a chance? If not, how soon can we reapply?
hi there,

i have submitted my uk visa renewal application quite a while ago. How long after did you get your decision since getting the confirmation letter from home office? Also, did they give you back your documents straightaway? I am due to travel at the end of the month and I am panicking that I won’t get back my passport in time ((