Spouse Visa Application Extension

Old Aug 20th 2018, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Application Extension

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you wish to apply by post.
But surely I have to submit the supporting docs (e.g. original bank statements) by post so why do it on-line too? Are there any reasons not to do so?
Old Aug 20th 2018, 12:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
But surely I have to submit the supporting docs (e.g. original bank statements) by post so why do it on-line too? Are there any reasons not to do so?
The online application is simply a digital version of the paper form.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Just printed out the 79-page form and noticed that it and the Guidance Notes mentions the need for cash savings of at least £16,000 if following the savings route. Surely that should be £62,500 or thereabouts where no applying dependents are concerned. If following that route and have ample savings do I still need to disclose my private pension income also?
Old Aug 20th 2018, 2:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Just printed out the 79-page form and noticed that it and the Guidance Notes mentions the need for cash savings of at least £16,000 if following the savings route. Surely that should be £62,500 or thereabouts where no applying dependents are concerned. If following that route and have ample savings do I still need to disclose my private pension income also?
You need at least £16,000 of savings to use to supplement your income if it’s below £18,600 pa. If you have £62,500 or more then you do you need provide any information about any income you may or may not have.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

You need at least £16,000 of savings to use to supplement your income if it’s below £18,600 pa. If you have £62,500 or more then you do you need provide any information about any income you may or may not have.
Did you mean "you do not need..."? So I can ignore all the questions about income if my cash savings exceed £65K? Where in the form/notes is that figure actually mentioned? Also, where the form refers to Dependents (ie. children) that presumably refers only to those not already UK citizens. Sorry but it's a monstrous form for a simple person to digest.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 3:36 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Did you mean "you do not need..."? So I can ignore all the questions about income if my cash savings exceed £65K? Where in the form/notes is that figure actually mentioned? Also, where the form refers to Dependents (ie. children) that presumably refers only to those not already UK citizens. Sorry but it's a monstrous form for a simple person to digest.
If it's only your spouse that you need to meet the financial requirements for (and if your children are UK citizens, then it is only your spouse), the the amount of cash savings required is £62,500. No other financial information at all is necessary. The cash saving must have been in an account in yours/your spouse's/joint names for at least 6 months prior to the application date. The amount can not have dipped below £62,500 at any time during that 6 months. The only exception is if the funds are from the sale of a property that you, your spouse or both have owned for more than 6 months - in that case the funds can be utilised immediately they are available.

To apply under Category D (cash savings) of the financial requirements, see page 47 onwards https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf
Old Aug 20th 2018, 3:40 pm

Sorry, yes, “you do not need”. £62,500 is the figure to meet the financial requirements through cash savings alone to sponsor a spouse. If you have any non-British citizen dependents then that figure will rise accordingly. Appendix FM 1.7 has the details.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Many thanks. One last thing. We paid USD920 if my memory serves me right for the Immigration Health Surcharge two and a half years ago when applying for the spouse visa. I have no idea if that covers just the first two and a half years or the entire five years. I am guessing that we may have to pay it again but just want to check.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 9:13 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks. One last thing. We paid USD920 if my memory serves me right for the Immigration Health Surcharge two and a half years ago when applying for the spouse visa. I have no idea if that covers just the first two and a half years or the entire five years. I am guessing that we may have to pay it again but just want to check.
It only covers the life of the entry clearance visa, ie two and a half years. It needs to be paid again for FLR. The charge for spouse only is £200 per year.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Just completed the on-line visa application but noticed there is no Additional Remarks section, which I believe there was on the postal version. I need to explain that some of the information (namely ex-wife's date of birth) was an educated guess as it was over 20 years since we split up and with no kids to consult. Also, the Documents Checklist mentions a personal declaration concerning the source of my cash savings. As no such declaration was mentioned in the on-line application, will a hand-made version suffice? Any help appreciated before I post the documents.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 11:00 am

Just completed the on-line visa application but noticed there is no Additional Remarks section, which I believe there was on the postal version. I need to explain that some of the information (namely ex-wife's date of birth) was an educated guess as it was over 20 years since we split up and with no kids to consult. Also, the Documents Checklist mentions a personal declaration concerning the source of my cash savings. As no such declaration was mentioned in the on-line application, will a hand-made version suffice? Any help appreciated before I post the documents.
Just provide the information on a separate sheet.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just provide the information on a separate sheet.
Thanks, presumably with the documents being sent by post.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 2:41 pm

Thanks, presumably with the documents being sent by post.
Yep.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

One last issue before posting the visa docs. They ask for a Personal Declaration of the source of my cash savings but I cannot find such a document anywhere, presumably it's to prove I am not a money launderer. Is there a standard wording for such a declaration? I have done something like this before when buying my house but they required dozens of old bank statements. I am already sending umpteen bank statements but only going back six months. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 1:23 pm
Concierge

One last issue before posting the visa docs. They ask for a Personal Declaration of the source of my cash savings but I cannot find such a document anywhere, presumably it's to prove I am not a money launderer. Is there a standard wording for such a declaration? I have done something like this before when buying my house but they required dozens of old bank statements. I am already sending umpteen bank statements but only going back six months. Any advice would be appreciated.
You just need to write what is being asked for - what's the source of your cash savings. For example, salary? sale of house? etc. If there's a space on the form to answer the question write your answer there, otherwise just write a note and sign it, that's sufficient.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.