spouse visa from algeria---cash savings route

Old Aug 8th 2018, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

djamila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse visa from algeria---cash savings route

hello...i am british living in algeria with my algerian husband. we have 3 kids wh also are british. we are married since 2006.
our plan is to move to the uk next year.
since i am in algeria we can't use the salary route because salaries are much lower here. we want to try the savings route. we will put all or cash savings in my husbands algerian bank account.

question: what kind of information do we need to provide regarding the cash savings? it comes from my husbands ad myself work for 15years+ some side jobs
it it okay to give just the bank statements or we need to provide more info?

q2/ we dont have a house in the uk so we plan to rent..something with rent starting 2-3 months after application....what kids of documents do we need to provide?
will they accept this or i have to move first?

my major concern is not separating the kids from thei father for several months.

thanks in advance
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spouse visa from algeria---cash savings route

6 months of banks statements showing that the level of savings has not dropped below 62,500 GBP
(as these savings have been accrued over the years, maybe older bank statements to show the growth of the savings?)

You have to have accommodation available at time of application. If you cannot rent for 2 to 3 months after arriving then staying with family/friends will suffice to start with. You must provide evidence of the accommodation such as letters agreeing you can stay there, together with proof that the occupants either own or rent the property i.e deeds, mortgage documents, rent ..... also if sharing with other people, a property inspection report to show that the property will not be overcrowded
Old Aug 9th 2018, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

thanks!! so i understand i wil have to move before him anyway...if we apply on january, the rent must be already started in january? and not submit a contract for a rent that start in march?
am i right......i couldnt get any clear answer till now on different forums....
Old Aug 9th 2018, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by djamila
thanks!! so i understand i wil have to move before him anyway...if we apply on january, the rent must be already started in january? and not submit a contract for a rent that start in march?
am i right......i couldnt get any clear answer till now on different forums....
You have to have accommodation sorted out by the time you make the application. The authorities want you to have somewhere to live and not throw yourself on the public services.

You can show you are staying with friends, family, renting a vacation rental, staying in long term hotel etc.

You can't apply in January, and show you have accommodation starting in March.

Not sure why were say you can only rent 2 to 3 months after you arrive..... where do you intend to stay for the first 2 to 3 months?
Old Aug 9th 2018, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You have to have accommodation sorted out by the time you make the application. The authorities want you to have somewhere to live and not throw yourself on the public services.

You can show you are staying with friends, family, renting a vacation rental, staying in long term hotel etc.

You can't apply in January, and show you have accommodation starting in March.

Not sure why were say you can only rent 2 to 3 months after you arrive..... where do you intend to stay for the first 2 to 3 months?

i mean, if we apply in january...and we hopefully get a yes by march/april....this means that we will be paying rent from january to april without living in it. we all live in algiers now.
we dont intend to live with anyone....we have 3 kids. and certainly not rely on public services. we will be using the savings route.